bob_rugratz

Premium VIP
Sep 30, 2009
Real Name
bob middleton
Business Location
United States
We use a static cling painters plastic no tape required saves tons of time
yea I have that. just didn't use it. LOL its a must to have AND USE.. this cost me about $100 in labor to get them fixed. which I don't mind at all. considering. This place is just one of those never ending jobs. We are restoring shower basins now. last minute. The contractors left , paint, caulk, grout, tape, and black marks on them. they are brand new. And some kind of clear aerosol clear stuff on the glass. Housekeeper keeps making fukn lists. I throw them in the trash. They give me a job and I just go through every room.

bob_rugratz

Premium VIP
Sep 30, 2009
Real Name
bob middleton
Business Location
United States
I tried barkeepers first on stainless I had to fix and it did not make metal look new. Then went to the time consuming three step process of polishing metal with sanding. A few minutes of plastic covers is a lot less time.
Go slower to go faster
IN a house setting. It would have to be perfect. I am lucky I was fixing a serious issue for them at the time. serious enough to keep them from opening the hotel. And I have a long relationship with these guys. We had to go back through afterwards. and use polish to darken the areas. it will all even up naturally but a homeowner might not be so easy to deal with. cover it and never have the problem. thats the best tip about this situation

bob519

Oct 28, 2011
Canada
Real Name
bob
Business Location
Canada
yea I have that. just didn't use it. LOL its a must to have AND USE.. this cost me about $100 in labor to get them fixed. which I don't mind at all. considering. This place is just one of those never ending jobs. We are restoring shower basins now. last minute. The contractors left , paint, caulk, grout, tape, and black marks on them. they are brand new. And some kind of clear aerosol clear stuff on the glass. Housekeeper keeps making fukn lists. I throw them in the trash. They give me a job and I just go through every room.
Thats fine trade off but it could have been worse. Glad your business is doing well my phone has been non stop today. #1 IN 3 PACK and #1 organic helps.

Reactions: bob_rugratz
Nov 24, 2012
Real Name
The Canary
So you put barkeeper's friend and rubbed it on. Wiped it off, and sprayed some polish on it, is that polish?
No BKeepers friend. Only the Spray and aerosol polishes.

The Scotchbrite pad was what made all the difference. There was no improvement at all until the green pad was used, then viola!