Accusations

arrohmei

Oct 29, 2018
Real Name
Jeremy Priessman
Went to a nice local Bed and breakfast to clean with one of my newer techs. Got there and the lady (friend of my family's) showed us what she wanted. We had her sign our work order and away we went. Her daughter stopped in to borrow money, and then the lady left. An hour later she returned to check o is and left once again.
We finished cleaning and went back to the shop. A few hours later I got a call saying she is missing a 100 dollar bill from her purse.

Mind you my tech was.never by her purse, he stayed glued to my side.

Her daughter however went through her purse. AMD then she left with her purse multiple times. What a headache. What have you done in the past if this happened to you?

1ST CHOICE CLEANING

Staff member
Premium VIP
Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
We have never been accused of stealing but we did have a lady claim that we scratched her wood floors while doing a dryer vent cleaning. The lady set me pictures within 2 minutes of us leaving the job even though it was a rental property and she was not there, just the resident. She even had 4 other people post about it on our Facebook page and leave 1 star reviews on Google. I got 2 of the reviews removed on Google by reporting them and replied to the others but of course they added to their reviews after my comments so I left them alone and they will get buried with other reviews. I told the lady to send me a copy of the invoice showing it was paid once it was repaired and I would send her out a check, it has been 5 months and I have not heard anything since.

arrohmei

Oct 29, 2018
Real Name
Jeremy Priessman
We have never been accused of stealing but we did have a lady claim that we scratched her wood floors while doing a dryer vent cleaning. The lady set me pictures within 2 minutes of us leaving the job even though it was a rental property and she was not there, just the resident. She even had 4 other people post about it on our Facebook page and leave 1 star reviews on Google. I got 2 of the reviews removed on Google by reporting them and replied to the others but of course they added to their reviews after my comments so I left them alone and they will get buried with other reviews. I told the lady to send me a copy of the invoice showing it was paid once it was repaired and I would send her out a check, it has been 5 months and I have not heard anything since.
Most likely I will get a call saying she found it. But she is a vocal one and accusations like this in our business can end a business quick. We shall see I guess.

1ST CHOICE CLEANING

Staff member
Premium VIP
Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
Most likely I will get a call saying she found it. But she is a vocal one and accusations like this in our business can end a business quick. We shall see I guess.
How much was the job?

Reactions: burbuja2

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
Man what a bummer. I had a guy from a very common local faith simply tell me he didn’t want to pay me. I told him your wife hired me, left me a key, I did the job, she then paid for it. His arguement still was “ but I didn’t authorize it”. He called Amex and did a $600 charge back.

arrohmei

Oct 29, 2018
Real Name
Jeremy Priessman
Man what a bummer. I had a guy from a very common local faith simply tell me he didn’t want to pay me. I told him your wife hired me, left me a key, I did the job, she then paid for it. His arguement still was “ but I didn’t authorize it”. He called Amex and did a $600 charge back.
Wow, what a cuck.

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
yes I agree - refund 100$

Tell her you trust your tech. and would never doubt him taking 100$......but just to be sure you will refund the 100$.....

whoever stole it(her daghter or your tech) would lie about it..

It would be hard to have watched your tech 100% of the time on a 2-3 hour job.......

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
And he did it the day after his house closed so I couldn’t file a lien. Then I called his wife and she said, it wasn’t her fault she has to listen to her husband.

arrohmei

Oct 29, 2018
Real Name
Jeremy Priessman
Is it worth it to tell her that you will take $100 off the invoice as good faith until she figures out what happened?
What we do is offer to pay for lie detector tests... the caveat is that they must also take the test anyone in the home or area of business.

Accusations usually fall away after a day because the customer finds the mysteriously missing item.

Reactions: Scott W

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens

Tell her you trust your tech. and would never doubt him taking 100$......but just to be sure you will refund the 100$.....

It would be hard to have watched your tech 100% of the time on a 2-3 hour job.......
Not a sarcastic question but if you give the lady $100 back would that be viewed if she decided to go to court as a form of guilt? Maybe have her sign a waiver that you agree without any knowledge of the money taken am giving her a gesture of good will. However bonded by contract she accepts the 100.00 she agrees not to have any form of public recourse such as a negative review.

arrohmei

Oct 29, 2018
Real Name
Jeremy Priessman

The purse was only in the house for 20 minutes at the beginning of the job while he was on my hip pocket learning how to carry hoses and set up equipment.

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
Did you ever tell her about the daughter? Curious how she responded.

arrohmei

Oct 29, 2018
Real Name
Jeremy Priessman
She told.me about her daughter when she called to tell me she was missing the money. We were working upstairs on the other side of the house... I didn't have time to stare at her purse and watch who was getting into it... tbh I dont ever look for things like that. I am a carpet cleaner, we are there to clean, not ogle or touch other people's property.

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
People are irrational

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
if your helper was with you the whole time and the purse was only in the house 20 minutes.....then I woudnt give her the 100$.....but dont accuses her daughter ......thats her problem.......

just tell her your worker was with you the whole time....and you dont know what happened to her 100$...it just wasnt you or your worker..........

but...those of us who have had employees know that they can steal....had it happened to me 1-2 times......

Reactions: burbuja2

Latest posts