Acceptable rH levels for directly after cleaning, and at different time intervals after?

rogersga24

Jan 28, 2017
Real Name
Gavin Rogers
I can't remember what the moisture reader should say as an acceptable range after cleaning or 24hrs after cleaning for customers that consistently call to say that the carpet is wet. Please advise-thanks

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
I’d be more concerned with getting air movement via fans and or air conditioning on low.

rogersga24

Jan 28, 2017
Real Name
Gavin Rogers
We definitely are using fans on areas just cleaned as we go along. The issue is that I'm concerned my rotovac is putting out too much water. We monitor the PSI but the tech isn't going to and from the house to the van during the cleaning and I felt that taking a rH measurement after cleaning could instill some trust in us from the customers as well as see if we need to do a dry pass again to suction more water out.

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
it would be helpful to know more specifics.

Is it the same customer that consistently calls to complain or several customers?

What equipment do you use?

rogersga24

Jan 28, 2017
Real Name
Gavin Rogers
it would be helpful to know more specifics.

Is it the same customer that consistently calls to complain or several customers?

What equipment do you use?
No, it was different customers that were all scheduled within 2 weeks of each other and we weren't getting enough calls about it at first to warrant digging deeper into it and then it was consistently coming up. The tech has also been with us long enough to know how to use the equipment. We use a Rotovac generally and all of the calls have been when we cleaned with the Rotovac. Now that we are getting into summer, the calls have lessened and almost stopped but not quite

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
of course any effort to increase air flow while cleaning or slow drying strokes helps remove more moisture. Open windows if temps allow especially if there is a breeze. AC on if hot/humid. Ceiling fans, box fans on upon leaving.

Although RH is important, its not like your trying to dry out a house after water damage.

rogersga24

Jan 28, 2017
Real Name
Gavin Rogers
of course any effort to increase air flow while cleaning or slow drying strokes helps remove more moisture. Open windows if temps allow especially if there is a breeze. AC on if hot/humid. Ceiling fans, box fans on upon leaving.

Although RH is important, its not like your trying to dry out a house after water damage.
Right, and when we do water cleanup (toilet overflow, pipe burst, rained too much and it came inside) there's never any issues with drying times or leftover water in the carpet. Honestly some of it might be that we need new seals on some of the valves or there's just a lot of humidity up here on the WA coast.