About to buy a new Wand and need a few tip/advise | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

About to buy a new Wand and need a few tip/advise

Michael Recek

Aug 30, 2015
Real Name
michael
Looking to get a knew Wand soon and need some help with a few questions. Am 6-1 what size Wand should I be looking at? I prefer a heavy Wand case I believe the stick to the carpet better then a lighter wand, true or false? Interested in a six jet wand over my prochem four jet i have know. Upgrade or no? want to keep a strong CFM and lift. I do run 4 to the door with a strong maxx 470 at times running dual wands at once. Doing mostly comercial jobs. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

matt30577

Premium VIP
Dec 21, 2009
georgia
Real Name
matt wood
Business Location
United States
Looking to get a knew Wand soon and need some help with a few questions. Am 6-1 what size Wand should I be looking at? I prefer a heavy Wand case I believe the stick to the carpet better then a lighter wand, true or false? Interested in a six jet wand over my prochem four jet i have know. Upgrade or no? want to keep a strong CFM and lift. I do run 4 to the door with a strong maxx 470 at times running dual wands at once. Doing mostly comercial jobs. Thanks

Sounds to me like you already know which one you need. The only advice I can give is don't buy from ebay. Buy from a decent supplier, PMF, Westpak, your local dealer, etc.

Reactions: Spotless Flooring

Michael Recek

Aug 30, 2015
Real Name
michael
Local dealer for sure . Not to sure exactly but do have a idea what direction am going. But a little more research I'll be there

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
We sell the Westpak modified with a glide. It's a little heavy but it's a cleaning beast

Ken Raddon

Jul 22, 2010
UT
Real Name
Ken Raddon
Business Location
United States
Did you know that you can buy a wand from Jon Don and if you don't like it they will take it back? AND send you a different wand until you find the wand you like the most.

Spotless Flooring

May 9, 2013
Southeast Houston
spotlessflooring.com
Real Name
Daniel Provorse
Business Location
United States
I don't think the weight of the wand is what makes the difference. If you have a wand that has good airflow, it will lock down on the carpet. Good air flow is more important than a heavy wand.

Also, I got the devpro for the sight glass, swivel, and low profile. I can say the sight glass isn't really a big deal. The swivel is useful but makes controling the wand more difficult (good for resi). And the low profile is awesome.

In an open area on mostly commercial I also think that a 4 jet wand is fine. Thats all a matter of opinion though. I'd rather not have the weight added to my wand.

smart n kleen

Smart N Kleen
Premium VIP
Mar 12, 2010
oregon
Real Name
Rick K
Business Location
United States
Mach 15 6 jet. Worlds best wand.
Let me correct that, Mach 15 with 3, 4, or 5 jet. Mine is 5 but I have the manifolds for 3, 4, 5, or 6 jets. I have the devpro wand also and like it very much but nothing compared to the Mach.

smart n kleen

Smart N Kleen
Premium VIP
Mar 12, 2010
oregon
Real Name
Rick K
Business Location
United States
I have the Mach 12.
The Mach 12 is nothing compared to the Mach 15. I had the titanium mach 12 and didn't like it, It was too light. Test the Mach 15 and see what I mean.

matt30577

Premium VIP
Dec 21, 2009
georgia
Real Name
matt wood
Business Location
United States
The Mach 12 is nothing compared to the Mach 15. I had the titanium mach 12 and didn't like it, It was too light. Test the Mach 15 and see what I mean.
He's using my old Stainless steel mach12. He said his Blazer holds heat better with his 2jet wand. And I don't know how well his 33blower will be with a 2" tube on a mach15. I'm a strong believer in using a wand that meets the size of the truck mount. With the way his preheat exchanger is setup, I think a 2"tube would keep the heat from getting hot enough, and the flow would be too high with 6jets.

Spotless Flooring

May 9, 2013
Southeast Houston
spotlessflooring.com
Real Name
Daniel Provorse
Business Location
United States
He's using my old Stainless steel mach12. He said his Blazer holds heat better with his 2jet wand. And I don't know how well his 33blower will be with a 2" tube on a mach15. I'm a strong believer in using a wand that meets the size of the truck mount. With the way his preheat exchanger is setup, I think a 2"tube would keep the heat from getting hot enough, and the flow would be too high with 6jets.
Yes and no. I run a little 1533 TM and upgrading from a 1.5" 2jet at 4flow to the 2" 4jet devpro at 8flow has worked just fine.

It doesn't get the air flow that it needs to get GREAT dry times unless you go over it enough. Because the angled jets don't spray straight down, I get less wetting and better dry times.

BUT yes, you may get better performance from the same machine with something like a Mach 12 because it has the lower angled jets and more concentrated vac.

I didn't think I would even have warm water at 8flow but it surprised me how hot it stays. In fact, I'm mailing back the #1 replacement jets I bought.

My point... a 2" will work with small machine just fine. Gotta know how to properly use your tools as always. Plus, its a great reason to upgrade your machine :)

Reactions: matt30577

smart n kleen

Smart N Kleen
Premium VIP
Mar 12, 2010
oregon
Real Name
Rick K
Business Location
United States
Yes and no. I run a little 1533 TM and upgrading from a 1.5" 2jet at 4flow to the 2" 4jet devpro at 8flow has worked just fine.

It doesn't get the air flow that it needs to get GREAT dry times unless you go over it enough. Because the angled jets don't spray straight down, I get less wetting and better dry times.

BUT yes, you may get better performance from the same machine with something like a Mach 12 because it has the lower angled jets and more concentrated vac.

I didn't think I would even have warm water at 8flow but it surprised me how hot it stays. In fact, I'm mailing back the #1 replacement jets I bought.

My point... a 2" will work with small machine just fine. Gotta know how to properly use your tools as always. Plus, its a great reason to upgrade your machine :)
Sorry unless you are not on the trigger often your machine can't keep up on a 8 flow. Maybe you've never felt very hot water and think you have hot water. Do you have a burner or heat exchanger?

matt30577

Premium VIP
Dec 21, 2009
georgia
Real Name
matt wood
Business Location
United States

I'm assuming you're using a fuel heated (propane, or diesel) machine. If it were a heat exchanger, I don't see how that's possible.

smart n kleen

Smart N Kleen
Premium VIP
Mar 12, 2010
oregon
Real Name
Rick K
Business Location
United States
I'm assuming you're using a fuel heated (propane, or diesel) machine. If it were a heat exchanger, I don't see how that's possible.
If he has a burner that's possible. Hey Matt my machine is being ordered now.

Reactions: matt30577