A year to get a resi customer | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

A year to get a resi customer

Bexiesbruv

Premium VIP
Oct 24, 2013
Real Name
Stephen Beckwith
Yep, I spoke to this person last year apparently, funny, I dont remember her.
She booked, then went on to say that even though I was the most helpful, honest sounding mid priced person she spoke to last year, she went with a competitor.
When he arrived, he started to criticize me and the other carpet cleaners she mentioned she spoke to.
Then he charged her significantly more (without discussion) than he quoted her over the phone. She said she didnt want to pay him but was so intimidated, she just wanted him out of the place. He didnt do a very good job either and it certainly wasnt worth the hype she read on their (franchise) web site.
I really dont know if I should get more info from her when I am cleaning and then face off this Guy or just let him destroy his, already degrading, reputation.

Allied

Life is good!
Premium VIP
Jun 18, 2013
Down Yonder
Real Name
Simon Bolivar
Business Location
United States
Yep, I spoke to this person last year apparently, funny, I dont remember her.
She booked, then went on to say that even though I was the most helpful, honest sounding mid priced person she spoke to last year, she went with a competitor.
When he arrived, he started to criticize me and the other carpet cleaners she mentioned she spoke to.
Then he charged her significantly more (without discussion) than he quoted her over the phone. She said she didnt want to pay him but was so intimidated, she just wanted him out of the place. He didnt do a very good job either and it certainly wasnt worth the hype she read on their (franchise) web site.
I really dont know if I should get more info from her when I am cleaning and then face off this Guy or just let him destroy his, already degrading, reputation.
Sounds like he is doing a great job at getting you work...don't say a word...it's working.

Omar

Premium VIP
May 24, 2014
Real Name
omar rodriguez
Guy must of been a bully all his life. I couldnt treat people like that.

Reactions: Allied

Bexiesbruv

Premium VIP
Oct 24, 2013
Real Name
Stephen Beckwith
I bought a couple of floor scrubbers from his father. Buyer beware. I checked one and it was ok. Assured me the other was fine too but he was in a hurry to get his grand kids back to their parents. Took his word for it. Saw the cleaning van in the Apt complex he lived at and mentioned thats what I do. He told me that was his sons cleaning van. The other scrubber didnt work and the Guy never replied to email or voicemail. Like father like son I suppose. Pity his grand kids will follow suit.

Omar

Premium VIP
May 24, 2014
Real Name
omar rodriguez
I bought a couple of floor scrubbers from his father. Buyer beware. I checked one and it was ok. Assured me the other was fine too but he was in a hurry to get his grand kids back to their parents. Took his word for it. Saw the cleaning van in the Apt complex he lived at and mentioned thats what I do. He told me that was his sons cleaning van. The other scrubber didnt work and the Guy never replied to email or voicemail. Like father like son I suppose. Pity his grand kids will follow suit.
The apple doesnt fall far from the tree.

Andrew C

May 24, 2014
Richmond, VA
www.TrueSteamLLC.com
Real Name
Andrew Carr
Yea I'd leave that one alone. When you hear other people talking bad about other businesses, it just makes them look bad. The customer obviously came back to you, so don't worry about it.

Bexiesbruv

Premium VIP
Oct 24, 2013
Real Name
Stephen Beckwith
Yea I'd leave that one alone. When you hear other people talking bad about other businesses, it just makes them look bad. The customer obviously came back to you, so don't worry about it.
Yeah, I really just wanted to share. This Guy really puts the ick in d...