A wonderful person lost, please help support the family. | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

A wonderful person lost, please help support the family.

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
Erin Howk, 15 years old, was killed around 2am this morning when a drunk driver drove his truck through her bedroom. I got to know Erin initially when she was 4 years old. I've never known a little kid with so much sass, but also compassion, and smart as a whip. As a young woman she was funny, compassionate, strong. I wish I could have known her much better than I did. I'm glad to have known her at all. I'm absolutely heart broken right now. I can't imagine how her mother is coping. I have never seen a mother work so hard to try and give her child the best in life.

If you're a person that hits the bar after work. No judgement. Thats your right. But please, don't get behind that wheel until you're sober.

If you can or are willing, there is a go fund me for Erins family to help cover costs. Erins mom recently started a business installing flooring. I'm sure we all remember what it was like in our first years of business financially. She now has the financial burdens of this tragedy on top of everything else. Any support is appreciated
https://www.gofundme.com/erin-howk?...6hdcnFUJyqpknW_3PaP39JYc_MFDJS0L0EqHUTwI4GtIQ

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
:cry:

So sorry to hear this. Poor family. Definitely need harsher punishments for impaired driving.

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
Thats terrible..

Its not nearly harsh enough here. A few years ago a man had 8 DUIs

His 9th was when he plowed an entire family walking across the street at 11am in front of a school, killed both grandparents, the mom, and put a small child in a wheel chair for life...

all in front of the fathers eyes

In Sweden you get 6 months in jail for a DUI, no exceptions they take u directly from the car to jail and you dont leave for 6 months. Nobody drinks and drives there

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
In El Salvador they take you out car and shoot you if they deem you so drunk or driving dangerously. Seems it works for punishment but especially as a deterrent. We are too soft here and causes harsh consequences

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
And why is it always the good people that die? It’s never a serial killer, rapist or abortion doctor that gets killed in these accidents. It’s always a family or a great person gone before their time.

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
Those people make up such a tiny percentage of the population it's not likely.