A veteran cleaner makes an admission...

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
there was a thread years ago about red dye removal and someone posted using a Black & Decker Steamworks Wallpaper steamer. I got one but it sat on the shelf. Last week I had time to clean up my shelves and found it collecting dust. Put it on the truck and today tried it out for the first time.

I have this house where they consistently have small red spots on their white bedroom carpet (they dont know where they come from LOL) When I used the iron, it took a lot of time. With the steamer they came out rather quickly.

I guess the reason I didnt use it when I bought it is because Ive used steamers before and they usually take a lot of time to produce steam where as an iron gets hot pretty quick. What I found out was that this steamer produces steam in about 20 seconds.

Hands down better than an iron.

Reactions: Todd the Cleaner

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
I've been using the Black & Decker steamers for quite a few years now. I can't remember the first guy who brought them to my attention since he's been off the forum for years. They do work very well. I hope you're putting distilled water in there or you won't be using it for long. Your supposed to add a little white vinegar to the tank ever once in a while too to keep it from clogging. One of mine isn't really working at all right now and I"m not sure if I can fix it.

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
We bought the namco one that is available on northern tool. Its specifically made for stain removal, has steam ports up a little high off the carpet so u cant burn

Way cheaper than koolglide

Reactions: rob allen

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
We bought the namco one that is available on northern tool. Its specifically made for stain removal, has steam ports up a little high off the carpet so u cant burn

Way cheaper than koolglide
I may wind up buying one of those too. The B & D steamers seem to be getting harder to come by and they're upping the price on them more than they're worth.