A reel before & after!

NTC

Sep 23, 2014
VA
Real Name
Neil Carson
Business Location
United States
I know what I'll do - since I'll be carrying propane on-board (and many of you think it is dangerous), I'll just call the fire department before each job to let them know where I'll be. While they are there, I'll just hook up to the fire hydrant. Problem solved! :p

Serious reel question: I've been considering a narrow reel (like Rob's), but would like to place it directly behind the seats, before the TM. However, I can't seem to find a single truck out there that does this. Other than potential blockage of getting to that side of the TM, is there a reason that I am overlooking?

Thanks,
Neil

Wec

Jul 31, 2012
Real Name
dustin denton
What will u place behind the hose reel that u can not get to very easily

NTC

Sep 23, 2014
VA
Real Name
Neil Carson
Business Location
United States
That would just be the fresh water tank.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
it looks like the vac hose would rub on the water hose when being pulled out unless you were standing right next to the van.
David after several uses it really doesn't touch the reel hardly at all. Really like the setup so far.

Reactions: Omar

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Any other pics of the progress on the van? What about a chemical shelf? What temps has it been holding? Any other sweet space saving ideas?
We are still working on the setup with pictures and video footage. The weather has not been cooperating lately. I will update this thread as we progress. Thanks for you interest Russ.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Oh and please bolt reels down properly to avoid this; (adding to OP also)

Screen Shot 2014-11-24 at 9.05.47 AM.png

pablot

Aug 8, 2012
Nashville TN
Real Name
Pablo T
I'm currently using 5/8" supply hose, where do you get your 3/8" red supply hose?[/
yes same question, what size an type of water supply you are using? i'm using a regular garden hose but only I can have like 100 f in my small hose reel and i want to use more feet at the the same reel because in some jobs the water supply is so far from my set up. I was checking for some air hose , it can be appropriate to use with water?

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
I really like it. Fits my business model perfect.

Reactions: 1ST CHOICE CLEANING