matt30577

Premium VIP
Dec 21, 2009
georgia
Real Name
matt wood
Business Location
United States
Made trip to Reel Innovations and told them what I wanted. Sat down and explained my idea of a "triangle hose reel" set up to save space. By the end of the day we had color matching powder coated reels on a cad,fabricated and installed. 250' vacuum electric reel. 250' of solution hose. 225' of fresh water hose. Fresh water and solution live.

They loved my idea and call it the Rob Allen Triangle Space Saving Design lol. After fabricating the ceiling reel mount I suggested a second ceiling bar. I want to use it for hanging accessories on the ceiling. I will post more pics as I progress. Cleaned and finished painting the interior to show quality!

Started early in the morning...

View attachment 38555

Finished up in the evening...

View attachment 38556

PS:Wait till you see what I do with my next setup. It will blow your mind! :D
Are these reels powered with a motor, or do you have to roll them up with your arm strength? It looks neat and tidy, but if there's no motor to turn the reels, it looks like it would be a disaster, trying to roll up the little reels with no handle to spin the reel, and you have limited space to grab the vac hose reel to turn it.

And if you're still in my neighborhood, give me a call and I'll take you out to lunch on your way home.

dmreed4311

Premium VIP
May 3, 2010
Fl
Real Name
David Reed
Business Location
United States
it looks like the vac hose would rub on the water hose when being pulled out unless you were standing right next to the van.

Jim Martin

Jun 5, 2008
Tucson Arizona
nice...........is it 3 reels all hooked together and slid in as one unit.....or is it 3 separate reels just mounted in there locations......

Deron06

Deron
Premium VIP
Sep 25, 2010
Real Name
Deron Najarian
Business Location
United States
It looks fantastic but the jury is out until we see if it works well as a whole and the reels work together without interfering with one another. If the operator has to lean over to reach the vac hose reel, it could be a lower back breaker. If none of these problems occur, this design simply eliminates the conventional one that has been consuming too much space in the back of our vans.

Jim Martin

Jun 5, 2008
Tucson Arizona
It looks fantastic but the jury is out until we see if it works well as a whole and the reels work together without interfering with one another. If the operator has to lean over to reach the vac hose reel, it could be a lower back breaker. If none of these problems occur, this design simply eliminates the conventional one that has been consuming too much space in the back of our vans.

This is what I use on mine...no leaning in give you the freedom to move to what ever side you need to.....

nytrex-accessories-remotecordswitch_zps3d2b827d.jpg

dmreed4311

Premium VIP
May 3, 2010
Fl
Real Name
David Reed
Business Location
United States
PS:Wait till you see what I do with my next setup. It will blow your mind! :D[/QUOTE]
Mind blown!!!!
mind_blown.gif

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Fresh water hose is live? So is that a fresh water tank on the left or is that your waste tank? @Rob Allen
Fresh water tank on the left. The next machine will have a belly tank and almost double the space.

Sent from my iPhone using TMF Forums

Reactions: Omar

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
I thought you were going with a Prochem legend GT?
That is the second unit I'm installing.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Are these reels powered with a motor, or do you have to roll them up with your arm strength? It looks neat and tidy, but if there's no motor to turn the reels, it looks like it would be a disaster, trying to roll up the little reels with no handle to spin the reel, and you have limited space to grab the vac hose reel to turn it.

And if you're still in my neighborhood, give me a call and I'll take you out to lunch on your way home.
The vacuum reel is electric. The little reeks have ergonomic handles and roll up with ease.

Business caused me to drive straight back Matt. Drove straight there,worked from 7am to 2 am and drove back next day. However I plan on going back to do the next truck. I will plan in advance or we could meet there and show you the install firsthand if you like.

Reactions: matt30577

Omar

Premium VIP
May 24, 2014
Real Name
omar rodriguez
We use it on all of our supply reel models:

TITANIUMSR20SupplyReel_zpsb433c641.jpg
Is the triangle reel to tall for a regular van?

I looked it up, so the standard size is 52 which is 3 inches taller then the usual reel. So it shouldnt be an issue right?

Last edited:

Deron06

Deron
Premium VIP
Sep 25, 2010
Real Name
Deron Najarian
Business Location
United States
With the vac hose being electric, I think that the fat lady is singing. It's all over for other reels. I still think that they should build one to go on the other side of the van.

matt30577

Premium VIP
Dec 21, 2009
georgia
Real Name
matt wood
Business Location
United States
The vacuum reel is electric. The little reeks have ergonomic handles and roll up with ease.

Business caused me to drive straight back Matt. Drove straight there,worked from 7am to 2 am and drove back next day. However I plan on going back to do the next truck. I will plan in advance or we could meet there and show you the install firsthand if you like.

Id like to meet you down there to see how it's installed up close. Keep in touch

Reactions: rob allen

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
With the vac hose being electric, I think that the fat lady is singing. It's all over for other reels. I still think that they should build one to go on the other side of the van.

@Deron06 , These powered hose reels are designed so you can put them on either side of your van with a few minor adjustments. I've already got the 250' electric hose reel from these guys in Amtex red of course. Thinking about adding the solution reel to go with it. Anyone know what they're charging for that solution reel?