A life in the day... | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

A life in the day...

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Matthew Frein
Business Location
United States
So what did you do today? Anything fun? How's your day looking? Let's give people a real perspective to this business!

This morning I woke up at 7am and put a 2nd coat of wax on the truck, buffed and polished.

Booked a 4th job for myself today as a same day call through Thumbtack. Now enjoying a coffee and sandwich before leaving.

Spazznout

Premium VIP
Feb 13, 2011
Ohio
Real Name
Matt
Business Location
United States
Its Sunday,

Family day.

The office line has rung through a few times today as I transfer the office line to my 2nd cell phone. But they can wait till tomorrow. We do not provide any emergency services. I monitor msgs, but that will be the most work I do today.

My employees and I are enjoying the fruit of our labor from our work week and simply smelling the roses today, as we do every Sunday.

Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
Today is a day for us to rest and gear up for the up coming week, we have been busy the last few weeks hammering out jobs. Next week is about 80% booked up with several carpet cleanings, a few estimates, a $3k travertine polish job and I have a Dr appointment for my bad knees.

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Split logs. Walked the roof with a leaf blower. Clean out the van reorganize for the week. Every sunday the same. No time during the week to take care of this stuff. Its a routine. Saturday is an overflow day if needed to catch up. But i dont schedule anything for weekends.

Reactions: AussieCarpetBloke

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Matthew Frein
Business Location
United States
No wonder I get so much carpet cleaning work on Sundays I must be the only guy open!

Pic of van after waxing

george8585

Feb 27, 2011
Earth
Real Name
George
Business Location
United States
I worked today. One job at 9 am. Then went to the gym at 1 pm. Now home to watch Eagles beat the Patriots at 4:30.

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Matthew Frein
Business Location
United States
I know. We just cant find a design that we feel is great

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
You need to get that baby wrapped or decaled up
My last van was with a plenty of decals, the recent has none. Aside from " professional" look, what is the advantage of having van full wrapped or decaled?
It's not a trick question, Jason. When I had a lettering on my previous van, I was getting calls from bored truck drivers harassing me for not driving 80 mph in 65 mph zone. I'm talking after midnight hours when all 3-5 lanes are non congested. I do see truck drivers making passes in very left lane, obviously doing 15-20 miles over the speed limit. Since I'm night owl, its worth for me to stay clear of lettering. I see that vans of major players in the area are fully wrapped, but it seems that is not sufficient for their operation because I see both of them are approved by Google. We all know what that means...

Reactions: keep it clean

Spazznout

Premium VIP
Feb 13, 2011
Ohio
Real Name
Matt
Business Location
United States
My last van was with a plenty of decals, the recent has none. Aside from " professional" look, what is the advantage of having van full wrapped or decaled?
It's not a trick question, Jason. When I had a lettering on my previous van, I was getting calls from bored truck drivers harassing me for not driving 80 mph in 65 mph zone. I'm talking after midnight hours when all 3-5 lanes are non congested. I do see truck drivers making passes in very left lane, obviously doing 15-20 miles over the speed limit. Since I'm night owl, its worth for me to stay clear of lettering. I see that vans of major players in the area are fully wrapped, but it seems that is not sufficient for their operation because I see both of them are approved by Google. We all know what that means...
strange assessment of wraps.

I say I can not agree with much of that.

Wraps pay for themselves +++++++++++++

They are part of a total package.

Not the only marketing you do.....

But you already know marketing is a multi pronged, multi channel funnel.......right?

Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
If you are doing mostly commercial night work having a van wrap won't pay the dividends as someone that is doing residential work.

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Lol thats exactly what they are... bored. I have a cb in my van i listen in for accidents and they will mess with anyone they can get a hold of. Especially if your hanging out in center lane. Didnt think they'd be bored enough to call numbers on other vehicles though.

Reactions: Luky

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
strange assessment of wraps.

I say I can not agree with much of that.

Wraps pay for themselves +++++++++++++

They are part of a total package.

Not the only marketing you do.....

But you already know marketing is a multi pronged, multi channel funnel.......right?
What marketing?
Haven't we learned already that at some point business can be self propelled with no marketing, advertising ?
I don't say this in disrespectful way( I love wraps) I believe that there are many guys who are using just white vans and doing just fine.
I'm a firm believer of professional attire
( many might disagree) , company's name on shirts, no shorts ( even in 100°) slacks, black shoes, the whole look supported by quality services and utmost respect for customers and their property.
And yes, I'm aware of marketing tricks like washing company's vans in car washes in busy locations. Before restaurant accounts I had around 40 daily accounts with a busy traffic. Honestly , I can't say that I was reaping benefits from having fully decaled van ...

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
So what did you do today? Anything fun? How's your day looking? Let's give people a real perspective to this business!

This morning I woke up at 7am and put a 2nd coat of wax on the truck, buffed and polished.

Booked a 4th job for myself today as a same day call through Thumbtack. Now enjoying a coffee and sandwich before leaving.
So, I was enjoying my Sunday morning and you had to come up with a
" thoughtful " thread. After reading posts about maintaining vans and such, I proceeded to do the same ( my wife gave me weird look) I adjusted float in holding tank, did oil change and replaced filter on my Vanguard and moved Monday night job to a Sunday night just not to feel worthless..
So, @OxiFreshGuy , which day is going to be my Sunday?