A job I did today (Upsale/Lifetime client sample)

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Well my stud tech nephew (see Client asks my tech for his phone number thread) started his vacation today. I am filling in for him while I've been looking for another tech for seasonal work and fill ins. I digress.

The second job I went to was a small condo. Full Circle set it. Quote was 125 for 3 areas. Work order said give price for urine upon arrival. Well I was running early and her contact number was a work number. Err no answer at door or number. :( But storm doors locked from inside. I know someone's probably home. So I ring the bell again and hold my ear close to door to listen see if doorbell works. It did but still no answer.

I thought about knocking hard but said to myself no your 45 min early Rob they may be sleep. I head back into my truck to text Sandee about my dilemma. After that I switch to Tapatalk to see what's going on on TMF hoping folks like the Devastator review video i made. After about 10 min of perusing TMF I look in my rear view mirror and see a dog in the window. No dog when I first went there. I don't stare in windows but I definitely would have noticed this dog. I decide nows a good time to head up to the door again.

Before I could get on the porch I can hear a window opening on second floor. As I look up the lady has her head in window and says "your a half an hour early". I said "yes ma'am I am. I try to run early on all my jobs so as to not inconvenience my clients so they can get on with their day.". She said "welllll okkk" I'll be right down. She appears to be 45-50 professional. Later on I find out my hunch is correct. She starts in by saying I need more time to get ready maybe 20 more minutes. I said that's no problem. But how about I come in and take a look around. Maybe I can help you. She says you don't mind? I said of course not,love too! :p

As I walk in the door the dog runs skiddishly away. She said Molly while gesturing towards the dog is a rescue dog and she has a lot of accidents but I love her. I said I understand ma'am I have two Chihuahua puppies myself. She said awwww ;-) . She started to walk me through the home pointing out urine and areas she wanted clean. Well it was one more area than mentioned on phone. I commented on there is quite a bit urine. She said then please let me know how much this is going to be because i don't want to spend too much. I confidentially reassured her by saying "I am not sure at moment but I will treat you honest and fair." She smiled. So did I. :)

She said you see I have to get ready for you and pick up a few things. I said you probably don't have to do as much ad you think. Here watch me. I started to prep each area while explaining that traffic areas are the main concern and why. She said that makes a lot if sense. Notice I was saving a lot if time prepping the rooms myself and indirectly letting her know I wasn't moving a lot of furniture. I was also buying time to figure out what to charge while building trust with her. ;)

I then said after looking at the job you have one more area than on the invoice and you have quite a bit if urine stains even though you use puppy pads. This is when I go into explaining what happens when a pet urinates on the carpet. It seeps past the fiber into the carpet backing and into padding. So there is a little more to cleaning urine than meets the eye. That is why we offer 3 stages of urine treatment and let you choose which one you want. She said that sounds good what are they?

I said Stage 1 is after cleaning we spray on a mild deodorizer to help neutralize the urine and costs about 1/3 of the cleaning price. With Stage 2 we identify each urine stain and clean and treat right to the padding with our sub surface machine. This removes and sanitizes right down to the padding. It costs the same as the cleaning. Stage 3 is where we replace the padding and seal the sub floor and is a little pricey but much cheaper than replacing carpets. I leave a little pause room because by then they are ready to talk. She did and said which one do you think I need? (Now after building trust she is asking me instead of her deciding. I like getting clients to that point)

I say "well if it was my own carpet I would go with at least Stage 2. We have found that over 95% of our clients are satisfied with Stage 2. And if you think about it 150.00 is a lot cheaper than replacing one room of carpet. She said that makes sense. So I said great I'll get started and I promise you,you will be happy. That will be 150 for cleaning and 150 for urine treatment making for a total if 300.00. I'm going to get started. She said ok. I warned her about slippery tile. (yep I noticed tile was dirty and will mention that later) I went and got my hoses and got to cleaning.

As I was cleaning she was asking me do I want a drink,coffee or water. I said no thanks maybe later. Finally after repeatedly asking me I said yes water be fine. While drinking some water I mentioned I do rug cleaning. She said really I was going to take these two rugs to local middle easterner cleaner. I then asked her did she find out about us through our website? She said no she was referred.

I said would you mind taking two minutes and looking at my website? She says sure. I showed her that each picture led to a small video explaining my services. Of course I asked her to click on the rug video. She said wow you do all that? My local guy just lays them in his parking lot and cleans them there. Yours looks a lot more thorough. I said yes ma'am it is,would you like me to give you an estimate before I leave? She said definitely.

I then said well I gotta get back to work,I noticed the tile in the kitchen. Click on my tile video and watch that and when I'm done cleaning I'll do a sample tile cleaning for you. She said great! (so did I in my mind :) )

Ok I could go on but this post is already really long. But I want to mention that as I was loading up my equipment she was on the phone telling her mother who has a house full of Oriental rugs about me and how great the carpets looked. She then called a neighbor to come look at the job and she did. She gave me a handsome tip and ordered me a combo lunch on her. What a great client!

So in closing I got the urine sale,rug sale and at her next paycheck she set for a tile cleaning. Her mother is calling us and her neighbor is too. But most of all I have another Lifetime client under my belt because I over delivered on service,quality and genuineness.

That's how you do over 1k a day (no pun intended Kip :D) . Now after 3 jobs I'm headed to the gym,get a massage and take the wifey out for dinner. Have a great day!

Rob Allen

Tron

Aug 3, 2010
Business Location
United States
Pfft, I just read that whole novel while almost running a dozen people off the road to find there's no lingerie clad housewife jumping out of a closet trying to make her own upsell ?

Well atleast you made a crapload of money and are gonna go eat a nice dinner!
Good work!

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
Pfft, I just read that whole novel while almost running a dozen people off the road to find there's no lingerie clad housewife jumping out of a closet trying to make her own upsell ?

Good work!

You sound like me, you know you are hooked on TMF when you are reading while driving. I read TMF posts every day as I drive back and forth to and from Las Vegas.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States

Good work!

Well I try to leave out the sordid details but I will say this. She took good care of herself and was blessed with D cups wearing a t shirt with a plunging neckline. How low cut? Well when she sat at the computer table I inadvertently looked down and saw her belly button. Oh and she smelled good too.

Biggest problem that caused is the confusion I felt while doing the bill. I wasn't sure who should get the tip.

Can't script this stuff. :)~

Tron

Aug 3, 2010
Business Location
United States
Well I try to leave out the sordid details but I will say this. She took good care of herself and was blessed with D cups wearing a t shirt with a plunging neckline. How low cut? Well when she sat at the computer table I inadvertently looked down and saw her belly button. Oh and she smelled good too.

Biggest problem that caused is the confusion I felt while doing the bill. I wasn't sure who should get the tip.

Can't script this stuff. :)~
Haha, there's the Rob story I knew was on there somewhere!

Funny how Fortune just seems to follow those types of women..

Brian_g

Jun 1, 2012
Real Name
Brian Gerwels
Rob, I know I'm the new guy around here, but 45 minutes early seems to be pushing it. I can see being 15 minutes early, just so that you not late, but I'd think any more then that might be irritating to the customer. Perhaps, if you mentioned the possibility when your doing the scheduling, some might find it helpful. Something like, "I'm putting you down for 10:00 am, but if I get ahead of schedule, would it be ok if I came early?" Have you thought about doing anything like that?

gr4474

Oct 2, 2011
LOUISIANA
www.bluecarpetcleaning.com
Real Name
Greg Rodie
Business Location
United States
just had a job today. Living room and a hall. No parents home to up sell and tried to call, but no answer. On the way to the next job, I called the custy because the street wouldn't pull up on the GPS. Cancel.
Got home and the first custy called back, going back to clean another room, and the brick on the wall of a sunroom. She reminded me we talked about the brick several months ago. Sweet