A cool tool for local SEO | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

A cool tool for local SEO

WebmasterEvan

Mar 14, 2015
Real Name
Evan Islam
For both. Google adwords of course is easier but why not rank organically as well?

Add a paragraph on your site saying:
We service the following zip codes in greater ******* area.
And list all the zips. Customers won't think this is cheesy. I'd add the zips

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Thanks for sharing David.

Nick Miladinov

Oct 10, 2013
Real Name
Nick Miladinov
For both. Google adwords of course is easier but why not rank organically as well?

Add a paragraph on your site saying:
We service the following zip codes in greater ******* area.
And list all the zips. Customers won't think this is cheesy. I'd add the zips
Commas between the zips or just spaces?

bob519

Oct 28, 2011
Canada
Real Name
bob
Business Location
Canada
Not sure if listing zips are going to help but put a space then a | then a space

bob519

Oct 28, 2011
Canada
Real Name
bob
Business Location
Canada
Maybe try to look into a schema mark up of you address to push up your local rankings. Create pages for each town you want to serve this still works . Tile (keyword) url (keyword) H1 H2 tags (kwywords) not all the same look natural . Keyword density 5-8% ( check this one) Add Video (keywords) bold some keywords . Try not to make people puke with your content and make sure they are funneled to pick up the phone or contact form etc ..

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
Maybe try to look into a schema mark up of you address to push up your local rankings. Create pages for each town you want to serve this still works . Tile (keyword) url (keyword) H1 H2 tags (kwywords) not all the same look natural . Keyword density 5-8% ( check this one) Add Video (keywords) bold some keywords . Try not to make people puke with your content and make sure they are funneled to pick up the phone or contact form etc ..
Conclusion..Goggle has us ALL By the GONADS! On purpose of course.. Just when you Think you have it figured out... they CHANGE IT! True or False..Does anybody really Know What time it is?

Reactions: Gasoline

groutguy

Mar 9, 2008
Fredericksburg Virginia
pristinepete.com
Real Name
Peter Diehl
Business Location
United States
Not sure if it is a coincidence or not but I ran this tool yesterday morning and it generated a list of these small towns in my area. I placed all the names and zips in the footer of my site and was shocked when I got a call from someone that same day who told me they lived in one of those zip codes, that is very close to me, but I never received a call from there in the last 8 years.

In the past couple of months I have developed a habit of my first question being... what is your zip code? I did this because I had a rash of callers that were well out of my area, nothing like spending 7 or 8 minutes working a potential client to find out they are 6 states away when you go to put them on the calendar. It also helps me to make my route more efficient getting customers in the same area on the same days...something I have struggled with in the past.

Like many I live in a area where everyone just says they live in "Fredericksburg" when actually they live in one of these small outlying jurisdictions. We will see...maybe I will get more jobs from this targeting of the micro cities. Like I said it may be a fluke, I would be surprised if Google had crawled my site and got those updates the same day, but then again I have seen other publishing's come up in search very fast.

Gasoline

EcoTech Carpet Clean: The Green Choice
Premium VIP
Apr 11, 2011
PA
ecotechcarpetclean.com
Real Name
Robert Naples
Business Location
United States
Not sure if it is a coincidence or not but I ran this tool yesterday morning and it generated a list of these small towns in my area. I placed all the names and zips in the footer of my site and was shocked when I got a call from someone that same day who told me they lived in one of those zip codes, that is very close to me, but I never received a call from there in the last 8 years.

In the past couple of months I have developed a habit of my first question being... what is your zip code? I did this because I had a rash of callers that were well out of my area, nothing like spending 7 or 8 minutes working a potential client to find out they are 6 states away when you go to put them on the calendar. It also helps me to make my route more efficient getting customers in the same area on the same days...something I have struggled with in the past.

Like many I live in a area where everyone just says they live in "Fredericksburg" when actually they live in one of these small outlying jurisdictions. We will see...maybe I will get more jobs from this targeting of the micro cities. Like I said it may be a fluke, I would be surprised if Google had crawled my site and got those updates the same day, but then again I have seen other publishing's come up in search very fast.
Which page did you add them? Home or some other landing page? Does it matter?

the rugman

Feb 11, 2006
Warwick, NY
Real Name
Bob Cairns
Business Location
United States
Does anyone target "carpet cleaning +zip code"
Is this worth while I can go hardly see someone typing that in . This was a recommendation for key words
People do occasionally search by zip so it's worth having it on your site.

Aug 18, 2012
Real Name
Jeff Tobian
every time you go to a job take a picture with your phone , before and after picture and maybe a few pictures of the outside , then add location. on the description say carpet cleaning in the town you are in, then name the picture . On google my business I have 119 pictures and most of them are named. Then share your pictures to google plus and then say something about them. This will help you show up in that town. I started doing this in Springville and it is 45 min away, google started making stories of me carpet cleaning in Springville and now I show up well in that town. So video's and pictures will really help you here is a google story https://goo.gl/photos/NvQr4Z16DSdGV83w6

russrroberts

Jan 30, 2014
Prescott, AZ
www.steamnfresh.com
Real Name
Russell
Business Location
United States
every time you go to a job take a picture with your phone , before and after picture and maybe a few pictures of the outside , then add location. on the description say carpet cleaning in the town you are in, then name the picture . On google my business I have 119 pictures and most of them are named. Then share your pictures to google plus and then say something about them. This will help you show up in that town. I started doing this in Springville and it is 45 min away, google started making stories of me carpet cleaning in Springville and now I show up well in that town. So video's and pictures will really help you here is a google story https://goo.gl/photos/NvQr4Z16DSdGV83w6
Great idea thanks for sharing!

Reactions: alpineprocarpet
Aug 18, 2012
Real Name
Jeff Tobian
Go to google my business and make sure everything is filled out . this is maps, you need to be one of the first three. Get at least 12 reviews and add pictures and make sure you name the pictures.. where you took the picture and if you are cleaning tile call the picture tile and grout cleaning in Alpine Utah, something like that. When you go to google my business their is a button that says manage my photos press that . This photo is called Tile and Grout Cleaning in Highland Utah
tile and grout cleaning in Highland Utah.jpg

Nikolai Eddy

Nov 23, 2016
Real Name
Nikolai Eddy
Such a powerful tool. Gonna comment and pin this thread.

Ps. I am new to this forum, carpet cleaning from norway. If you want to connect, send me a pm :)
/Eddy from
Renhold Oslo