99 E150 starter just keeps cranking | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

99 E150 starter just keeps cranking

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
Come on over, it's like 65 here right now. I hate working on vehicles.

I ended up replacing the solenoid this morning since it's easy to get to. Running for now. Frustrating thing is every time I mess with something it starts fine and goes for a couple days.
You cover round trip flight I’ll go.

Soon as my dogs go out they make a beeline for the pool. It’s been stead 110+ and humid. Not too bad need lots of water and Gatorade.

You’ll see people jogging with sweats and hoodies midday sometimes. They’re absolutely messed up in the head imo

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
Come on over, it's like 65 here right now. I hate working on vehicles.

I ended up replacing the solenoid this morning since it's easy to get to. Running for now. Frustrating thing is every time I mess with something it starts fine and goes for a couple days.
Check your voltage on all wires and check for good ground and that the terminal connections are all solid. Some wire is janky...

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
Check your voltage on all wires and check for good ground and that the terminal connections are all solid. Some wire is janky...
Friend was over today and that's what he was thinking too. We checked connections at the starter and solenoid and a few other places, those looked good but there is a wiring harness about 3 - 4 inches long that connects from the ignition switch to another harness and that looks like whoever owned the van before me had spliced some things in and out of that part. I haven't found one online I don't know what it costs but if it's a cheap part I might just replace it instead of sitting there under my dash testing all those wires.

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
Do you have any aftermarket remote starter.
The reason I ask is you said it has an alarm is it a factory alarm or aftermarket.