77 year old wood floor ! | Page 2 | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

77 year old wood floor !

Discussion in 'Hard Surface Care' started by jtsunbrite, Dec 4, 2017.

CONNECTING CLEANERS WORLDWIDE

1. jtsunbrite

Premium VIP

Sep 4, 2015
    Male
    Houston, Texas
    Ratings:
    +4,675 / 11 / -0
    Netcom waxes suck there are tons better waxes on the market

2. jlittlesol

jlittlesol Member

Jan 31, 2013
    Male
    Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Netcom?Did you mean to say Betco? I have used Betco Express on small grocery stores i have and it seems ok but i have to strip and wax twice a year. I buff them once per week.

3. jtsunbrite

Premium VIP

Sep 4, 2015
    Male
    Houston, Texas
    Ratings:
    +4,675 / 11 / -0
    yes I meant betco,,, and I understand what your saying, a better finish will look better and last longer I promise.

4. Travis Teague

Travis Teague Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2016
    Male
    Ratings:
    +384 / 0 / -0
    Jeff, what do you mean by using the cloudiness to help with the look? Awesome job. Also I thought you had your remove all the layers of wax? You can just remove a few and reapply?

5. jlittlesol

jlittlesol Member

Jan 31, 2013
    Male
    Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Can you recommend Any better waxes? The Becto Express in 5 gallon bucket runs me about $135 delivered. I know Diversey make some good waxes but are very expensive and I can only charge what I charge the customer so if it's more than that it comes out of my bottom line . I can spend $250 on 5 gallons of wax and get a good wax but that's half of the cost of my job right there. Although I'm not using all five gallons even if I use half of that that's $125 out of my total cost.

6. jtsunbrite

Premium VIP

Sep 4, 2015
    Male
    Houston, Texas
    Ratings:
    +4,675 / 11 / -0
    this floor had no poly coating on it, it was bare wood floors and used as a store room,,, no wax it was filthy I had to scrub it 2 times,,, when it dried it was sticky never lost the stickiness so I thinly waxed it and let the fans dry it fast when gives it a cloudy look when fan dried. I used that as a advantage to smooth out the look of the floor, then I put on a very heavy coat and walla mirror finish ! they were shocked it looked so good and wrote that 350 check, it was like an efficiency apt size... I guarantee a queen bed would swallow up most of the space in that tiny bedroom... no closet to speak of... but its near downtown so 950 a month rent

7. jtsunbrite

Premium VIP

Sep 4, 2015
    Male
    Houston, Texas
    Ratings:
    +4,675 / 11 / -0
    I used a black pad on the floor it was so dirty

8. jtsunbrite

Premium VIP

Sep 4, 2015
    Male
    Houston, Texas
    Ratings:
    +4,675 / 11 / -0
    I think a lot of NCL 5 gal buckets are in the 170 range.

Time to give customers notice that the price needs to go up, because of the cost of materials.

• Like Like x 1