6'figas Quik & Derty tip#3 ~ How to Dress when Networking *pics*

Nov 24, 2012
Real Name
The Canary
To each his own, but I leave the work shirts at home. Yes-I wore them for a while when I first started networking & yes-I have long sleeved custom embroidered logo company dress shirts but I switched gears in my fronts (dress) many a years ago to the dressier look. I wear a nice brass name badge I got made at Office Depot with My name and company name.

Today I'm headed to a networking luncheon with some great referral sources/friends and I figured I'd rock the Blazer, mock neck & dress slacks.

Hay, you gotta LOOK like money if you trying to get that money right?

6'figa :cool:

Networking.JPG

Nov 24, 2012
Real Name
The Canary
it's funny because all the big money here in my corner of the world all wear jeans. it's business casual.

#Respect

I've got a tougher hill to climb (no complaint)

The general public, thru media influences, have been duped and may harbor preconceived notions, assumptions & stereotypes that I have to to overcome. In addition I live in a VERY conservative part of north Georgia

If I didn't have pigmented skin, eyes and kinked hair I could show up in sandles shorts and a tshirt I'm sure.

#NoComplaints

Walking in these shoes is a liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiil different.

But I do what it takes to achieve My objectives

Reactions: robbighead

Mrs.SpeedySteamer

Moderator ~ And Most Awesome Member
Apr 26, 2012
Somewhere over the Rainbow
www.ezdesignmarketing.com
Real Name
Tiffany
Business Location
United States
To each his own, but I leave the work shirts at home. Yes-I wore them for a while when I first started networking & yes-I have long sleeved custom embroidered logo company dress shirts but I switched gears in my fronts (dress) many a years ago to the dressier look. I wear a nice brass name badge I got made at Office Depot with My name and company name.

Today I'm headed to a networking luncheon with some great referral sources/friends and I figured I'd rock the Blazer, mock neck & dress slacks.

View attachment 15781
DELICIOUS!!!

Canada-Eh

Jul 14, 2008
Ontario
coswaysupply.com
Real Name
Kenny Cosway
Business Location
Canada
OMG. Business casual is NOT jeans....NOT jeans. casual friday in real business is NOT jeans. NOT even $300 jeans.
you small town kids need to come to the big city....

Hey SixFigga you'll like this http://korrys.com/businesscasual_vs_traditional/

Kipp

Smart Ass Of The Year!
Premium VIP
Apr 13, 2011
Real Name
Kipp
I think the GQ look works for meetings and commercial prospecting....

Everyday work uniform for me is pretty relaxed. Nice embroidered polo. Embroidered hat, and clean blue jeans.

My bro in law does only high end work and does his estimates in polo and shorts.. All T&G with 3 crews...works for him.

Mrs.SpeedySteamer

Apr 26, 2012
Real Name
Tiffany
Business Location
United States

View attachment 15781

Oh there was more to that post... Sure when networking you should look like a GQ (snort @1kaDay) model...

Mrs.SpeedySteamer

Apr 26, 2012
Real Name
Tiffany
Business Location
United States
1k could show up in a thong and hula skirt, sell you a color seal and life insurance by the time he leaves.

:D This thread is getting better and better by the minute!!!
Oh pool boy my glass is empty...