6'Figa popped the cherry ......... | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

6'Figa popped the cherry .........

Nov 24, 2012
Real Name
The Canary
Well every April 1 I have a standard 10% price increase. In years past It was a slightly nervous moment for me :confused: although it never went to the extremes of nail biting. Well maybe the first year it did :rolleyes:

This year however, I couldn't wait to do it. I was looking forward to a 10% across the board increase, up to 30% on a la carte services.

I like that I popped that cherry of "nervousness" ;) and now aggressively seek price increases justified by increase value and differentiation from my CC peers. I also welcome the sales process of conveying this to prospects that inquire for service.:cool:

6'figa

and a BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIG thanks to member jhcinc for passing on the Game (ebonics for "knowledge") on using an orbital for upholstery cleaning/detailing/finishing. I'd concluded some time (years) back the feasibility of it but he entertained my questions and really A-B-C'd it for me (nevermind the fact his instructional videos are Boss-A**)
:cool:
I picked mine up today for $24.97 :D
IMAG1660-1.jpg

thanks to this I'm adding this as an additional step to my upholstery cleaning procedure and raising My base price by 20% for upholstery cleaning;) .

Reactions: ronman
Nov 24, 2012
Real Name
The Canary
Much easier then putting on a upholstery mit!!! If you glue some velcro to the small orbital you got you can use more types of pads or just micro fiber rags. Have fun on your jobs again:)
thx bro, but WAIT!!!!! lol---don't run just yet...............

I've searched high and low for good quality white microfiber towells or synthetic wool towells...any suggestions? I don't wanna get bad product online and the traditional storefronts only carry blue or colored ones.

I prefer white. I'm gonna use terry towels until then.

please advise.........

Reactions: Big_Joe

jhcinc

Aug 12, 2011
Naples Florida
Real Name
joel hoppe
Business Location
United States
The blue ones can be used longer because after washing they look much better after a few months even the yellow ones which I like because you can see more soil on rag as you clean. the problem with any white is it looks bad after a few uses and you can not bring it into any ones house to clean---use and toss. Any cotton rags will do more damamge on some fibers be careful with cotton.

jhcinc

Aug 12, 2011
Naples Florida
Real Name
joel hoppe
Business Location
United States
The blue micro fiber pads for my Op machine and the blue rags for upholstery op machines last for months before they look bad.
Trinity Renewal Systems sells 15 inch white cotton and poly pads and Bonnet Pro sells small ( 8 inch) cotton bonnets on their website

Nov 24, 2012
Real Name
The Canary
The blue ones can be used longer because after washing they look much better after a few months even the yellow ones which I like because you can see more soil on rag as you clean. the problem with any white is it looks bad after a few uses and you can not bring it into any ones house to clean---use and toss. Any cotton rags will do more damamge on some fibers be careful with cotton.
The blue micro fiber pads for my Op machine and the blue rags for upholstery op machines last for months before they look bad.
#Respect (thanks)

Floor Tek

Apr 10, 2012
Knoxville, TN
Real Name
Ryan Timmerman
Business Location
United States
I'm not positive, but have you tried an auto parts store. I believe they have white pads for orbital buffers but I'm not sure exactly what sizes they carry

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using TMF mobile app.

jhcinc

Aug 12, 2011
Naples Florida
Real Name
joel hoppe
Business Location
United States
I'm not positive, but have you tried an auto parts store. I believe they have white pads for orbital buffers but I'm not sure exactly what sizes they carry

The blue and yellow micro fiber rags are safer on more fabrics compared to the fluffy white pads that come with these machines for waxing paint

Nov 24, 2012
Real Name
The Canary
The blue and yellow micro fiber rags are safer on more fabrics compared to the fluffy white pads that come with these machines for waxing paint
In the observance of "full disclosure" I "was" biased towards the white towels, pads, etc because I felt it put on a better "show". lol

But after your input, I will side with your recommendation on the blue without hesitation. I can always throw a white whatever (terry, microfiber towel...etc) on when I'm done to have my client inspect for soil transfer.

No need in being wasteful (using once&done white micro-towels) during the cleaning process right?

thx a million bro

Steaks on Me if you're ever in da A' (Atlanta)

Floor Tek

Apr 10, 2012
Knoxville, TN
Real Name
Ryan Timmerman
Business Location
United States
They sell microfiber pads for polishing. I know because I have a couple. They aren't white because I only have what came with my orbital.

Mike Hanley

Elite Member
Jun 18, 2008
Florida
Real Name
Mike
Wow, so you're up to $36 per foot for upholstery now. $250 for a standard size sofa. That's probably a quarter of the original cost.
I was thinking the exact same thing, but realized that many people dont like to have their whole lives disrupted with getting new furniture. And the people that own $1000.00 couches probably dont need them cleaned every 6 months.

Nov 24, 2012
Real Name
The Canary
I was thinking the exact same thing, but realized that many people dont like to have their whole lives disrupted with getting new furniture. And the people that own $1000.00 couches probably dont need them cleaned every 6 months.
It's OUR thinking and OUR thinking alone that limits us at times bro....thx for the feedback.

jaymark

Premium VIP
Feb 8, 2011
PA
Real Name
Yea
Business Location
United States
Hmm I dont know.

$250 for sofa cleaning.