500 sq ft of porcelain plank cleaning price | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

500 sq ft of porcelain plank cleaning price

Joe cool

Jan 8, 2015
Real Name
Joe
Cleaned some planking and it looked brand new . Charged $325 and was told thats outrageous . Then they wrote the check for only $300 . I even moved furniture out and back .
What do you guys think .

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
Cleaned some planking and it looked brand new . Charged $325 and was told thats outrageous . Then they wrote the check for only $300 . I even moved furniture out and back .
What do you guys think .
When you say porcelain planks, you mean porcelain tile, right? 500x$1.25($1.50)= $625. You are $300 short...
I have nice laser device. After I measure the distance in the space to be cleanedand get square footage, price follows. I apply minimal discount for returning or new customer and price is " written in the stone". If not accepted, the project becomes somebody's else problem.
There is a thin line between being cocky and professionally strict. When you do an estimate over the phone, would you bog down when you find discrepancies upon arrival to the house ? No, you stand tall and use all your abilities to imprint a common sense on customer and your profesional pride has to be intact no matter what.
Don't dwell on past, make sure the future going to be brighter, because we learn as we go...
Lets hope you have invested only 2, or so hours in that project...

Last edited:
Reactions: Mass-Steamer

PistolPete

Sep 28, 2014
Real Name
Peter Dymond
When you say porcelain planks, you mean porcelain tile, right? 500x$1.25($1.50)= $625. You are $300 short...
I have nice laser device. After I measure the distance in the space to be cleanedand get square footage, price follows. I apply minimal discount for returning or new customer and price is " written in the stone". If not accepted, the project becomes somebody's else problem.
There is a thin line between being cocky and professionally strict. When you do an estimate over the phone, would you bog down when you find discrepancies upon arrival to the house ? No, you stand tall and use all your abilities to imprint a common sense on customer and your profesional pride has to be intact no matter what.
Don't dwell on past, make sure the future going to be brighter, because we learn as we go...
Lets hope you have invested only 2, or so hours in that project...
Depends on your market.
No way to get $1.50 sq ft for Tile cleaning here.
Carpet guys are advertising 30c with sealer!
I can get $1.00 with sealer but usually. 75 -.90.

Reactions: Dafloorman

Thunder865

Jun 15, 2018
Real Name
Thunder Warren
$1 sqft here on a smaller job like that. Possibly more if there’s more then 10 minuets of future moving. Always a $300 minimum. Get an online software, create the quote and have them sign it on your phone before you start the work. Then take before and after pictures. No discounts for less then 1500 sqft.

Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
Every area is going to different on pricing

For me where I am .45 sf is what I can get away with charging and that is being the highest rated company on Google with 175 reviews with a 5.0 average. That is very low compared to what most on here charges but it is what it is, cleaning only would take 2- 2 1/2 hours.

Reactions: Dafloorman

Dafloorman

Jul 30, 2008
Deerfield Beach, FL
Real Name
Gerald Simmons
Yes, the main part of this story is they shorted him disrespectfully on what he charged! That’s a big no no for me!

Joe cool

Jan 8, 2015
Real Name
Joe
Its a quarterly account I had for over 8-9 years .
I did it on a Saterday while they were away . They got this tile and in 2 mos , They could not get it clean . Just asked me to clean it . It is a nursery school . She really expected it sealed . The grout lines were forever and inconsistent from butted together to paper thin to 1/4 millimeter to 1 millimeter . .
Then she said I just wanted it cleaned and waxed or sealed .
I think she expected 150 to 200 hundred bucks at tops .After she paid me she said I will just get someone else .
I probably lost there biz.