500 feet of 2 inch hose plus 5 foot of 1.5 inch....will I have any suction left???? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

500 feet of 2 inch hose plus 5 foot of 1.5 inch....will I have any suction left????

Barry C

Aug 28, 2013
Harrisonburg Va
www.greensolutionscleaning.net
Real Name
Barry Click
Business Location
United States
This thread is interesting and it cracks me up! @ColoradoCleaner proves you can do it and the naysayers just keep crying about more horse power and bigger blowers. I cleaned 11000 plus square feet this week with 350 feet of 2 inch vac line, six stories up. I had 75 feet of hose hanging outside of the building with the rest in the hallways. Yeah, I had my big bad 14 horse chemtex with a number three blower singing its song. Singing all the way to the bank. Sure I had loss of air flow and some suction. So freaking what, it is CGD carpet. IT worked great and this is the third year in a row we have done this. I also had my homemade y connector hooked up on the pressure line so we could spray with the inline sprayer and wand at the same time. Turned the pump up to 500 psi and cleaned went for it.
You guys are never going to learn anything if you do try something once in a while!

Attachments

• IMG_0466.JPG
    IMG_0466.JPG
    73.5 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_0467.JPG
    IMG_0467.JPG
    77.9 KB · Views: 109

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
This thread is interesting and it cracks me up! @ColoradoCleaner proves you can do it and the naysayers just keep crying about more horse power and bigger blowers. I cleaned 11000 plus square feet this week with 350 feet of 2 inch vac line, six stories up. I had 75 feet of hose hanging outside of the building with the rest in the hallways. Yeah, I had my big bad 14 horse chemtex with a number three blower singing its song. Singing all the way to the bank. Sure I had loss of air flow and some suction. So freaking what, it is CGD carpet. IT worked great and this is the third year in a row we have done this. I also had my homemade y connector hooked up on the pressure line so we could spray with the inline sprayer and wand at the same time. Turned the pump up to 500 psi and cleaned went for it.
You guys are never going to learn anything if you do try something once in a while!

Yup.....

bill

Jun 29, 2008
Southern California
freshcleanhome.com
Real Name
Bill Vivers
Business Location
United States
If you got the extra vac lines go 4to the door. And what I mean by that is basically run 2 -2inch vac lines off the truck mount all the way in and use the devastator filter to combine power and then run one single 2 inch to the wand or zipper or whatever you use

Sent from my iPhone using TMF Forums

Reactions: Calgary Hog

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States

I think most of us just don't know what our particular machine can do or what a particular machine could do with X amount of hose attached. I've done buildings all over my area since 1987. I think the tallest I've been ask to clean was 3 stories. I may have bid on a couple that would have been longer runs, but lost the bid. There simply aren't that many buildings in my area that would even require those type runs. Almost all businesses in my area can be done with around 200 ft. and most homes under 125 ft. with a rare 150 ft. exception. I can only think of maybe one time I could have used 250. I was using my old Castex DVA at that time and it was really pushing it to make it go 200 ft. I definitely could have used a booster on that job.

Barry C

Aug 28, 2013
Harrisonburg Va
Real Name
Barry Click
Business Location
United States
I think most of us just don't know what our particular machine can do or what a particular machine could do with X amount of hose attached. I've done buildings all over my area since 1987. I think the tallest I've been ask to clean was 3 stories. I may have bid on a couple that would have been longer runs, but lost the bid. There simply aren't that many buildings in my area that would even require those type runs. Almost all businesses in my area can be done with around 200 ft. and most homes under 125 ft. with a rare 150 ft. exception. I can only think of maybe one time I could have used 250. I was using my old Castex DVA at that time and it was really pushing it to make it go 200 ft. I definitely could have used a booster on that job.

I do understand. I was using a portable for five years and then put an old Chemtex to good use around October of 2014. Just in time as I picked up a large commercial account in the spring of 2015. Three hundred foot runs are not unusually now. Those pictures are from my second largest account that is student housing.
I do it all with a 14 horse Chemtex. I am working on an old steamway 1150 now to put in my second van.

Barry C

Aug 28, 2013
Harrisonburg Va
Real Name
Barry Click
Business Location
United States
One more piece to the puzzle is how fast are you turning the blower. The single cylinder Koehler on my Chemtex is rated for 3600 rpm while most all the twin cylinders are rates for a max of 3200 rpm. Not really sure how fast mine runs but I run it full throttle.

Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
I do understand. I was using a portable for five years and then put an old Chemtex to good use around October of 2014. Just in time as I picked up a large commercial account in the spring of 2015. Three hundred foot runs are not unusually now. Those pictures are from my second largest account that is student housing.
I do it all with a 14 horse Chemtex. I am working on an old steamway 1150 now to put in my second van.

I have an old 15 HP Chemtex and did 250' several times on a commercial account I had. I shortened the hose as quickly as possible as there was a big difference from 200' to 250'.

Barry C

Aug 28, 2013
Harrisonburg Va
Real Name
Barry Click
Business Location
United States
I have an old 15 HP Chemtex and did 250' several times on a commercial account I had. I shortened the hose as quickly as possible as there was a big difference from 200' to 250'.

I agree. Big difference but still sucks harder than my ninja at 300 feet and no bucket brigade.

Reactions: comfort carpet care

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
My rebuilt prochem with a 33 blower.
From everything I've heard about those they must be a pretty decent machine. Looks pretty easy to work on as well. I wonder why they don't even make them anymore? I guess they haven't for quite a few years. I like the fact that I don't need to carry any kind of heater with my Boxxer, but I'm pretty sure I lose at least some vacuum power due to the 2 heat exchanges in the machine. I think it might go a little farther than I think, but truthfully, I hope I never have to find out. :D

cleanserite

Nov 27, 2012
Real Name
ernie kosar
I've done two split runs of 300 off my Everest 650hp with no problems
But I never tried to go 550 strait run though I would love to try

Reactions: rob allen