5 Ways to Never "Leave money on the table"

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Responder

Sep 16, 2012
Pikesville, MD
Real Name
Chaim Kessler
Business Location
United States
"Protect your investment" is a powerful statement to the customer as most purchases must make financial sense.

Also we walk a very fine line of being high pressure used car salesmen without being high pressure used car salesmen. The best tactic to upsells is Giving them the option, Explain why the option makes sense and is needed to give it validity then they will make an informed decision. If that doesn't work break their knee caps with the carpet rake :)
"Protect your investment" sounds way too "high pressure used car salesman" to me. I don't like the way it sounds.

May 14, 2010
SC
Real Name
Chris Sawyer
Business Location
United States
I have yet to find a company that will private label a neutral cleaner. My customers rarely know what I mean when I tell them to clean their floor with a neutral cleaner.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using TMF Forums mobile app

Oct 20, 2010
NM
Real Name
Jose Salazar
Business Location
United States
@Bexiesbruv How do you seal tile and grout and with what? Normally I don't seal tile (ceramic or porcelain) but do seal stone.

Mike Krall

Premium VIP
Apr 24, 2013
New York
Real Name
Mike Krall
Why is that a bad idea (assuming you mean the sealer?) i have no interest in doing it. I do plenty of tile AND grout but will not do grout only. I turned one away yesterday.
It leaves the door open for another contractor to come in who does do grout. If they also happen to do tile, carpet, etc you probably just lost that customer.

Bexiesbruv

Premium VIP
Oct 24, 2013
Real Name
Stephen Beckwith
@Bexiesbruv How do you seal tile and grout and with what? Normally I don't seal tile (ceramic or porcelain) but do seal stone.
When I do it, I usually use 2 coats of a product from (I think) Johnsons called Taj Mahal then top off to desired finish "look" with hard as nails from Betco. I use a silkie waxing mop.

Bexiesbruv

Premium VIP
Oct 24, 2013
Real Name
Stephen Beckwith
It leaves the door open for another contractor to come in who does do grout. If they also happen to do tile, carpet, etc you probably just lost that customer.
Agreed. If I was not an O/O O might look differently on it.

RXS

Nov 16, 2011
Vidor, Texas, United States
Real Name
Rickey Reel
Business Location
United States
Good stuff Rob! We need to always show our customers how we can solve their problems but don't always take the time to do it.

Rickey Reel
Reel Xtreme Steam, LLC
www.reelxs.com

Kipp

Smart Ass Of The Year!
Premium VIP
Apr 13, 2011
Real Name
Kipp
Jun 6, 2015
Real Name
Chris Claridge