4x single or dual stage 8.4" | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

4x single or dual stage 8.4"

Discussion in 'Modify Truckmounts & Portables' started by Kennethskarst1, Oct 10, 2017.

CONNECTING CLEANERS WORLDWIDE

1. Kennethskarst1

Kennethskarst1 New Member

Oct 10, 2017
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    #1 Kennethskarst1, Oct 10, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2017
    Hi.
    I hope you guys might have some input on this even though it is not what you normally use your vacuums for.

I will be making a vacuum for collecting concrete dust (dry)

After the cyclone and filter I will mount 3 or 4 pcs of Amatek 8.4 240V units in paralell.

I am using approx 30feet of 65mm hose that is connecte to grinding
    equipment. The grinding equipment does not stop much of the flow of air, I
    would almost say that the hose end can be considered 70-80% open.

I have been planning to use paralelled single stage amatek 8.4"
    but after considering the hose lenght and the qty of vacuums I think that the dual stage can achieve better cfm at the end of
    hose. I have read through a large bunch of threads regarding this but I
    still can't decide

• Like Like x 1
  2. jtsunbrite

Premium VIP

Sep 4, 2015
    Male
    Houston, Texas
    Ratings:
    +4,433 / 11 / -0
    concrete dust? how good is the filter, concrete dust is some bad stuff so I would make sure the filter is adequate. I would also pair the vacs to the filter ,, too much vac and you clog the filter too fast.

3. zigdog

zigdog Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Carpet Cleaner
    Southern California
    Ratings:
    +78 / 0 / -0
    What are you planning to use this for?

4. Kennethskarst1

Kennethskarst1 New Member

Oct 10, 2017
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hi.
    I am planning to use this to vacuum up all the dust from my 21" planetary floor grinder.
    there will be a cyclone before the filters and there will be mounted air valves to pulse the filters clean.
    really all is ready but I am still not sure what vacuums to order.
    my last thought is to order 2x 22stage and 2x 1-stage and paralell them all.

-Kenneth

5. zigdog

zigdog Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Carpet Cleaner
    Southern California
    Ratings:
    +78 / 0 / -0
    Are you dry grinding? Are you going to use this to smooth out concrete floors on a regular basis, as part of a business? If so, I would recommend at least considering an industrial blower such as this- http://store.blowersinc.com/hand-held-blowers/hp33p-115v-or-230v-blower/. Look around, I think you can get it cheaper.

You would still need the cyclone and some kind of filter. I know guys who attached a filtering bag to the output side of this blower but the abrasive nature of the concrete dust had them getting the blower rebuilt quite often because it would eat up those fan blades. Also the bag would need to be shaken out fairly often, and it made quite a mess. At least with the cyclone, a lot of the abrasive dust would be caught up before it got to the blower. Why not wet grind?