47,000 sqf vct maintence

Bob the floor guy

Jan 6, 2014
saint marys, pa
Real Name
robert perlick
Hello all. I have been asked to bid on 47,000 sqf grocery store. sweep, scrub and burnish daily. what would
a competitive price per sqf be? No chems or pads, just equipment, propane and labor. Would it be best to give a monthly or yearly quote? In the summer this store can be knocked out in about 4 hrs, in the winter it takes 7 hrs.
Thank you.

ebarnett

Jul 5, 2013
Morgantown, WV
www.UltraBrite.biz
Real Name
Eric Barnett
We have done grocery stores this size in the past. A few words of advice...get a good feel for store management now before you jump in. Are they pretty easy going? Do they seem like they might be hard to please? This will make a big difference in the overall success of your venture and will matter on your price. We took on 3 large Kroger accounts that turned into a nightmare. All three managers were jerks (a requirement to become a manager) that through complaints and extra expectations had us working an extra 2-3 hrs a night in their stores. This killed our profit margin that was rather low anyway. Bottom line...like any large 7 night a week venture...it can be profitable or a headache. For pricing, figure your labor costs + machine costs + what you want to make as a manager (50% of total is a decent amount)

Reactions: Bob the floor guy

Reflections138

Nov 21, 2014
East Texas
Real Name
Jacob Simpson
Business Location
United States
Yeah I've bid on box stores and they really don't want to pay for what they want. Just figure out what you want to make per night for yourself. Then add on what you'll be paying your help. Then add about 200 or so a month for equipment maintenance. It honestly prob doesn't cost that. That way if they say no then it's not worth your time.

bob_rugratz

Premium VIP
Sep 30, 2009
Real Name
bob middleton
Business Location
United States
47,000 SF x .04
Hello all. I have been asked to bid on 47,000 sqf grocery store. sweep, scrub and burnish daily. what would
a competitive price per sqf be? No chems or pads, just equipment, propane and labor. Would it be best to give a monthly or yearly quote? In the summer this store can be knocked out in about 4 hrs, in the winter it takes 7 hrs.
Thank you.
2 guys 4 hours ?

Bob the floor guy

Jan 6, 2014
saint marys, pa
Real Name
robert perlick
I used to clean this store about 6 years ago as an employee. Since then it has changed owners, so i know what it takes to clean it. just don't know how much the going rate for that size is per day or month. I just don't want to sell myself short or go to high and not even have a chance. This will be a direct account, no management company or middleman. I could clean it in the times stated above but realistically It would take 2 ppl.

BioSteam

What a Joke !!!
May 20, 2014
Lexington
Real Name
Jason J Calcaterra
Business Location
United States
Thank you.
Hey bob do you know what size the o ring is on the prochem performer pressure regulator (the black one on the bullet )

longkenn

May 7, 2011
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
www.sunbreezeclean.com
Real Name
Kenneth Long
Business Location
United States
Hey bob do you know what size the o ring is on the prochem performer pressure regulator (the black one on the bullet )
Dude, start your own thread. Every thread I have read, you have posted the same question that is totally unrelated to the content of the thread you are posting it in!

Reflections138

Nov 21, 2014
East Texas
Real Name
Jacob Simpson
Business Location
United States
I used to clean this store about 6 years ago as an employee. Since then it has changed owners, so i know what it takes to clean it. just don't know how much the going rate for that size is per day or month. I just don't want to sell myself short or go to high and not even have a chance. This will be a direct account, no management company or middleman. I could clean it in the times stated above but realistically It would take 2 ppl.
That's why I say state what you want to make per hr on it. That way you're not selling yourself short.

Reflections138

Nov 21, 2014
East Texas
Real Name
Jacob Simpson
Business Location
United States
Google prochem performer manual. Click on second link that shows the pdf. Your oilring is on page a-20. Won't give you the size but you will have a part number and you might be able to google it and do a cross reference.