460 Keeps shutting off | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

460 Keeps shutting off

CARE Services

May 18, 2020
Real Name
Adam Rosenzweig
So my Sapphire 460 has been running great, but just in the last couple of days it has been shutting off randomly during use. I have figure out if I turn the pressure switch off when I hear it start to surge it corrects and go back to running normally then it starts acting up again. I have changed fuel pump and filters. There is water in the system and normal water temperatures and time to warm up. Anyone got any ideas.

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
Hmmm...does it happen after a certain amount of run time or is it completely random

CARE Services

May 18, 2020
Real Name
Adam Rosenzweig
It seems to be completely Random, it could happen in 10-mins seen it go as long as 30 but always happens.

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
But theres surging in the pressure pump before it happens ?

CARE Services

May 18, 2020
Real Name
Adam Rosenzweig
no surging is in the engine pressure stays level, that is what has me boggled.

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
Oh ok so you are hearing the blower surge.

So turning off the water pressure switch is a clue. If that stops it from turning off, my assumption is its an electrical issue.

The Sapphire 460 manual recommends checking these common problems when that happens:

TROUBLE SHOOTING: TEMPERATURE CONTROL PROBLEM CAUSE SOLUTION Unit shut down when pump is engaged Breaker (fuse) tripped Replace fuse or reset breaker Diode is backwards Check the diodes RTD sensor not connected Check to see if the RTD sensor is plugged in. If it is, replace the RTD sensor Bad controller Replace the controller

For my money, I'd wager its the RTD sensor. You could disconnect the sensor and see if the problem continues to occur. If it stops occuring, then you know its the sensor and it needs to be replaced.

So use the process of elimination. But in my experience, it's generally a sensor issue.

Joeytechman

May 18, 2020
Real Name
J Kenny
You could try replacing the overheat shutdown relay. It is the relay with wire colors yellow/black and black/blue included in the connector.
Having the pressure pump switch off allow the unit recover is an indication of a possible fault in that circuit. The relay is easy and inexpensive to replace. While in the area it is a good idea to inspect for loose or burned connectors which could also cause the symptoms described.

Justin Legend Brands

Expert Truckmount Mechanic
May 7, 2018
Real Name
Justin Johnston
Did you get this taken care of? Feel free to give us a call.

360-757-7776 I am at ext. 4819, or you can ask for tech support.