4 to the door or at least half ways... | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

4 to the door or at least half ways...

powerwashcarpetcleaning

Jul 17, 2012
Palmdale, CA
Real Name
Walter Arauz
Not sure if it is worth it. I believe so but cant say for sure. Being in a tight fit van already to capacity... but to b e honest with you part of getting a 25/45 was to take advantage of this when buying. The more I look at the plumbing the more I realize if I limit it at the 2in connection. This reminds me of when I ran my Goliath from the van I used extension cords and one of the first thinks you learn is to start with the thicker gauge as the amp draw is carried from the 20 amp cord then to your 15 amp cords. This will open air flow to the door or close to it as I usually park in the drive way or no more than 20 to 30 ft as I focus always on the thought of shorter hose run faster dry time. Though I can reach to 175ft and now 200+ ft with the added hose I have always tried to do it with in 100ft if at all possible.

So for the guys that have done it. Has it been worth it? I believe in theory it makes sense I do hope the extra 10 to 30 seconds to roll the double hose is worth it to my capacity set up. I have to try it or I will always wonder and if some of these pros do it... then there has to be some up side to it. I believe like running 2in and 2in wand have helped then so will this. Also as a 50/50 Rotovac percentage to wand I believe the constant water flush a rotary brings will also help in moving the water from point a to point be. Stay tuned....

What do you guys think? This gives me 20ft dual 2in 8ft to filter for a total of 30ft. Is it worth the tight roll? LOL
20150209_205923.jpg
20150209_211340.jpg
20150209_212837.jpg

john gerding

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2012
Real Name
Deadpool
Business Location
United States
I always did short runs like this. even just a y splitter at the tank is an improvement.. so yes I think its worth it.

Jim Martin

Jun 5, 2008
Tucson Arizona
your machine would probably benefit more if you plumed a 2.5 hose off your waste tank to a 2.5 port......then make up a 5 foot 2.5 hose and change your devastator filter to 2.5......set the filter down by the machine and then use a 2.5 to 2 inch reducer cuff and run all 2 inch from there...

IMG_5206_zpsth6t4kw6.jpg

the size of your machine is not going to gain enough to run a 4 to the door..or a real long run of 2.5....
but it will breath better if you were to open you filter up a bit..........

Reactions: CCWorks

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
A free flow machine will lose lift if it breathes too much. I find my 45 blower units do better with Kunkle,Devastator,all blower filters removed and 2.0" hose. Carpets dry quicker due to higher velocity.

powerwashcarpetcleaning

Jul 17, 2012
Palmdale, CA
Real Name
Walter Arauz
Rob,
What do you mean by free flow machine can you expand my knowledge a bit. Currently I have a 45 blower , no flter in the tank, Devastator, 2 inch all the way and 2 inch wand and of course now added 20 feet of 4 to the door to start off.