4/1 Hydroforce is much better than 8/1

Tcoulter

Apr 18, 2017
Real Name
Trace Coulter
I have noticed, especially when using Bio-Pro and citrus solvents, that using the yellow metering tip in an HF sprayer is just not accurate. I haven't accurately measured it yet, but I can tell that it is not as good as going without the metering tips. When I remove the tip, I can pre-spray about 3 large rooms @ 4/1. Whenever I have the 8/1 tip in, it seems like I can do like 12 rooms before needing to refill. And sometimes when I have a metering tip in, it seems like the prespray is cooking. Almots like it is getting clogged and getting too hot and shooting out steam or something, it is very strange. Never ever happens whenever I have the tip removed. And I KNOW I am getting the same dilution everytime. I just thought I would post this to suggest changing your sprayers to 4/1 instead of 8/1, as I now think it is a better, drier way to clean. Anyone else notice this as well?

nathan hess

Dec 20, 2020
Real Name
Nathan Hess
Back in '93 when I started cleaning carpet, I remember the hydroforce container lasting all day 8-9 hour shift. It had ultrapac traffic clean in it, powered by a prochem 100a. This was for a national company. No prevac, pile lift, etc. It was move the furnature, prespray, rinse/vac, move furniture back on pads and blocks, prespray main areas, prespray, rinse/vac, rake, and done.

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
Back in '93 when I started cleaning carpet, I remember the hydroforce container lasting all day 8-9 hour shift. It had ultrapac traffic clean in it, powered by a prochem 100a. This was for a national company. No prevac, pile lift, etc. It was move the furnature, prespray, rinse/vac, move furniture back on pads and blocks, prespray main areas, prespray, rinse/vac, rake, and done.
National company you're talking about is still on same product-Ultrapac, same process, perhaps less moving, padding & blocking, in& out deal. I value Ultrapac a lot , it's heavy, creamy, alkaline and potent .I love the company as well . Them and the other one with similar process are giving me so many customers and ( not knowingly though) paying so much for advertising. If they do change their style, I might be less busy, but dash& splash is still fashionable, so I don't think so.
P.S. As far as Hydro force goes, 8:1 rocks, finish putting prespray solution down before water gets too hot...

Reactions: AussieCarpetBloke

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
I just realized the spray er I ordered only has a gallon jug. I remember the one I used from years back was at least 2 gallon.
There is a t least one jug I know of that's fairly cheap and will work with the Hydroforce. If you use Hydroforce at 1:4 you only get about a little more than 6 gallons or so of prespray with a full jug and over 11 gallons at 1:8. So, if you like 1:4 and need to increase your capacity this just will get you close to the amount you would get with 1:8. I haven't used 1:8 in a number of years. It's just simpler for me and less problems with 1:4. Here's the jug that will hook right up to a Hydroforce from Jon don if you want to try one. There may be others, but this is the only one I currently know about. You get about 1.25 gallons for each quart in the container. 1 gallon comes from the machine and 1 quart from the container = 1.25 gal. If the sprayer is working right it's pretty accurate down to the ounce.

Attachments

• OE-1017-EA_1.jpg
    OE-1017-EA_1.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Reactions: nathan hess