jcjetty

Sep 26, 2008
Pahrump, Nevada
www.carpetcleaningpahrump.com
Real Name
Jay Jetty
Business Location
United States
My TM is bogging down and when I took it in to my local shop I was told that it is probably a heat exchanger.

I took the exhaust exchanger off the unit and found no visible problems, I was able to blow through both exhaust and water sides.

Any one have any ideas what else could be the problem?

Dr Cleaning

Jun 19, 2008
Cherry Hill NJ
www.southjerseycarpetcleaning.com
Real Name
Neil Lapinson
I would not take to that shop any more. When does it bog down when you put a load on the blower. And what motor do you have. The last time i saw this one of the plugs on a Honda motor was bad it was only running on one cylinder. This could be many problems from the carb is out of adjustment to a clogged filter in the recover tank. can you give more specifics.
PS was it the guy from Ace that looked at your machine.
Neil
www.southjerseycarpetcleaning.com

jcjetty

Sep 26, 2008
Pahrump, Nevada
www.carpetcleaningpahrump.com
Real Name
Jay Jetty
Business Location
United States
It bogs down at full throttle, so bad it rattled the machine until it broke the attachment tab on the face plate.

I have taken the lid off the recovery tank and removed the cartridge filter with little effect. It does run smoother but not much. The blower has oil and I just recently greased the zerts.

The motor is a 21 hp Briggs and Straton. I have not checked the plugs but they are said to be new. Also had a new air filter put in.

I'm going to take it and have some one else look at it tomorrow morning.

And as to the ACE guy. nope I have heard nothing good about those machines.

Thanks for the reply.

spotman123

Jan 3, 2010
new york
Real Name
spot man
Business Location
United States
John, sorry I am not much of a mechanic, but what I have experienced over the yrs of working and reading are basic things to ck. Plugs,wires,cap,rotor,fuel-air filters+pumps if they apply to your machine. Like I said, being a mechanic is not my cup of tea. I am sure others more knowledgeable will chime in. Hope you get back up running. Let us know what was wrong when you get things fixed. thanks wayne

Gary Getman

Dec 2, 2010
florida
Real Name
gary getman
Business Location
United States
Almost sounds as if its in the engine. Is engine sputtering? If so check ignition coil by test light from plug to plug wire. My Kohler 20hp coil went bad causing it to sputter on one cylinder. Examining the bad coil after replacement showed a void in the resin that insulates the plates along side of the pickups. It took 800 hrs for it to fail!

Dec 10, 2010
Kentucky
Real Name
Wayne & Dave Vincent
Business Location
United States
My TM is bogging down and when I took it in to my local shop I was told that it is probably a heat exchanger.

I took the exhaust exchanger off the unit and found no visible problems, I was able to blow through both exhaust and water sides.

Any one have any ideas what else could be the problem?

What PSI are you running when it stalls-1200?