3" marine hose from waste tank to Blower | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

3" marine hose from waste tank to Blower

marco8

Feb 27, 2008
illinois
Real Name
mark
So I have a new 3" marine hose to put on but it doesn't have the reinforced wire in it. Will this hold up for awhile? before tearing crap out of old hose taking it off that needs replaced but is still doable should I hold off until I get a new hose that has the wire or put new one without wire. Anybody have luck with this holding up? thank you. they not terribly cheap so would like to use if its doable

marco8

Feb 27, 2008
illinois
Real Name
mark
the blower and waste tank hook up is not totally lined up so at 17" theres a slight bend and thought the wireless would be easier to work with but questioning it

CCWorks

Premium VIP
Jan 3, 2010
Michigan
Real Name
Greg
Business Location
United States
You can lay the new hose on the ground, use you palm to push down with force to see how much the new hose resists pressure.

CCWorks

Premium VIP
Jan 3, 2010
Michigan
Real Name
Greg
Business Location
United States
What make, web link? where did ya get it and do ya have any photos?

CCWorks

Premium VIP
Jan 3, 2010
Michigan
Real Name
Greg
Business Location
United States
The new hose looks like it can handle heat and mild chemical.
As for the handling vacuum pressure, it does not say.
The marking look like it can take, hold pressure, but not sure of the vacuum pressure.

Do the palm test. to see how resistant it is to crush proof.

I not a TM mechanic or do I know much about that hose.

I can not help ya with proper advice excpt to relace hose with the same hose made for vacuum pressure that can handle mild chemicals

Your hose marking.
SAE J 2006-2013 (SAE J2006-2013)
Marine Exhaust Hose

This SAE Standard covers the flexible components of marine engine wet exhaust systems from the connection at the engine exhaust manifold to the hull or overboard discharge fittings.

Reactions: marco8

The Magician

Dec 2, 2008
Ohio
Real Name
Jimmy Nardella
I just checked my Hm 45 blower and it has the wired hose. I wouldn't take a chance, having the wireless hose collapse and causing tank or blower problems. That 47 blower has a lot of suck power. There's a reason the manufacturer uses them.

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
I can say without question that this hose will hold up. I have used spiral wound clear blower discharge hose that stands up under vacuum as well.

Reactions: marco8 and SRD

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
We’ve used pvc pipe and fittings and it worked great on the Prochem’s

marco8

Feb 27, 2008
illinois
Real Name
mark
no warranty left on machine and don't mind getting new hose with wire if its a must have. have this hose and wanted to just do some maintenance on equipment this weekend. the hose on has a small dentation/callaps look on the small bend as the tank and blower are slightly offset. its been on for 11 years. the calaps/dentation bothers me and not sure I could go the pvc route due to offset.

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
my experience!!!!

not much difference in the 2.5" blower hose...
and the 3" blower hose......

at least I cudnt tell any difference....

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
The hose without the wire will collapse in on the vacuum side of the blower ( between blower and tank). You really need the wire reinforced hose or some hard plumbing like mentioned about the PVC above.

The hose you have there would be ok on the exhaust side going from the blower to the silencer.

Ara Klujian

Moderator & TMF Repair Expert
Premium VIP
Jun 19, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.peterklujiancarpet.com
Real Name
ARA KLUJIAN
Business Location
United States
The hose without the wire will collapse in on the vacuum side of the blower ( between blower and tank). You really need the wire reinforced hose or some hard plumbing like mentioned about the PVC above.

The hose you have there would be ok on the exhaust side going from the blower to the silencer.
Todd is absolutely correct, the hose will collapse on the vacuum side without the wire.

The Cleaning Artist

Jun 20, 2008
Fl
My best guess is it will hold up just fine. As vacuum is applied evenly over the entire surface area of the inside of the hose. Thus using the principles of the arch and the vacuum will support that arch because it is never ending. In other words a circle. Do not crush the hose or kink it when installing as that will damage the never ending arch. Also there is very little heat on the inlet side of a blower and that is contained to the fitting threaded into the blower.