3.2 Spitfire water spurts out

cleanclear76

Jan 30, 2010
Sydney Australia
Real Name
Michael Guirgis
Business Location
United States
So when I run water through the water box it will sometimes just spurt out the water from the small hole of the lid like in the video. So I play around a bit with the float switches inside the tank and it might stay good for a while. Could it just be the top float switch that needs replacing? Would love some help here. Cheers

Attachments

• Tank.jpg
    Tank.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 30
  • Tank1.jpg
    Tank1.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 27

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
That machine is different than my Boxxer 421. I checked the manual and it gives 3 possible fixes for that problem on page 94. I would very strongly suspect the first one which is the upper float is bad. Is the water going in to the machine controlled by a solenoid? That's what it looks like. Mine just has a regular float valve that is non-electric. That upper float valve shouldn't be too expensive, but finding a replacement might be a problem. Here's a link to the manual. If that is a solenoid controlled valve it might be at least possible to take it apart and see if any deposits are in it keeping it open.

Reactions: cleanclear76

cleanclear76

Jan 30, 2010
Sydney Australia
Real Name
Michael Guirgis
Business Location
United States
I saw on another feed here that a guy had the same issue and the top float was not perfectly straight, I checked mine and my top float was on a bit of an angle, I adjusted it and I think it might have fixed the issue, I've used the machine 3 times since and so far so good. If I was to connect a thin hose to that small air hole in the lid of the mix tank where the water shot out from and run it out the truck just in case, do you think that could hinder any normal functions?? Thanks for your response WandWizard.

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
Every Hydramaster I've used has had the issue with the water box float switch going bad or not working right. So most likely that is the problem.

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
I saw on another feed here that a guy had the same issue and the top float was not perfectly straight, I checked mine and my top float was on a bit of an angle, I adjusted it and I think it might have fixed the issue, I've used the machine 3 times since and so far so good. If I was to connect a thin hose to that small air hole in the lid of the mix tank where the water shot out from and run it out the truck just in case, do you think that could hinder any normal functions?? Thanks for your response WandWizard.
Even a regular float valve will do that exact same thing if it gets turned a little to the side. I've had it happen to me too so it is possible that could have been the whole problem. There have been a couple of times I thought about making something so the overflow would get channeled somewhere else, but I've never done it. If it was a big problem I would definitely do it. I could actually channel mine right down back to my freshwater tank that my machine sits on top of if I really wanted to. My freshwater tank is already equipped with an overflow protection hose that goes through the floor of my van. It would be better than having water squirt all the way up to your van's roof and then all over your machine. I don't think channeling it so the water would go somewhere besides inside your van would hurt the operation of the machine UNLESS you are using a freshwater tank and don't channel it back into that tank. You could run out of water supply pretty quick I suspect. I would not channel it into the waste tank either since it can fill that up a lot faster than you might think.

Last edited:

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
Even a regular float valve will do that exact same thing if it gets turned a little to the side. I've had it happen to me too so it is possible that could have been the whole problem. There have been a couple of times I thought about making something so the overflow would get channeled somewhere else, but I've never done it. If it was a big problem I would definitely do it. I could actually channel mine right down back to my freshwater tank that my machine sits on top of if I really wanted to. My freshwater tank is already equipped with an overflow protection hose that goes through the floor of my van. It would be better than having water squirt all the way up to your van's roof and then all over your machine. I don't think channeling it so the water would go somewhere besides inside your van would hurt the operation of the machine UNLESS you are using a freshwater tank and don't channel it back into that tank. You could run out of water supply pretty quick I suspect. I would not channel it into the waste tank either since it can fill that up a lot faster than you might think.

The new Sapphires put the hot water box inside and on the floor of the machine...with an overflow under the truck and a radiator pressure cap.

Reactions: wandwizard