Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
This one was bad! Over 100 urine stains and she only wanted Stage 1 Urine treatment.

Reactions: J20770

TLC CARPET CLEANING

Dec 3, 2010
vermont
Real Name
Leon Turmel
Business Location
United States
Hi @Rob, checked out your urine product online, says not for use on wool fibers. Do you have a product that works like unchained on wool?

Reactions: rob allen

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Hi @Rob, checked out your urine product online, says not for use on wool fibers. Do you have a product that works like unchained on wool?
We have one on the way. In meantime we dilute it 12oz per gallon.

Reactions: TLC CARPET CLEANING

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Stage 1 being just topical? Curious what your stages are and how prices differ...
We offer 3 stages. Stages may vary with many companies. Stage one with us is topical replication. Stage 2 is sub surface flushing. Stage 3 pad replacement while treating both sides carpet.

Reactions: TLC CARPET CLEANING

Mr.Steamer

Apr 6, 2017
Springfield, OR
www.TryMrSteamer.com
Real Name
Kevin Linn
Business Location
United States
We offer 3 stages. Stages may vary with many companies. Stage one with us is topical replication. Stage 2 is sub surface flushing. Stage 3 pad replacement while treating both sides carpet.
Gotcha. I only do 2 stages...topical and sub surface. Wanted to get into pad replacement and such as I'm sure there is better money in it, but I was always too nervous to rip up someones carpet and replace pad and not be able to get the carpet back down tight. Got all the install equipment, but never wanted to risk looking like an ass and not being able to do it correctly.

Sep 7, 2013
Gotcha. I only do 2 stages...topical and sub surface. Wanted to get into pad replacement and such as I'm sure there is better money in it, but I was always too nervous to rip up someones carpet and replace pad and not be able to get the carpet back down tight. Got all the install equipment, but never wanted to risk looking like an ass and not being able to do it correctly.
That is smart... not looking like an ass. Its easier than you think tho. Gorilla tape, carpet shears and a knee kicker. Make sure to get a similar density and thickness of pad.

Reactions: rob allen
Sep 7, 2013
Cool. What's your pricing structure for the three tiers of service Rob?

Also, with so many enzymatic products to choose from, what do you use for sub-surface soaking? USOR?

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
That is smart... not looking like an ass. Its easier than you think tho. Gorilla tape, carpet shears and a knee kicker. Make sure to get a similar density and thickness of pad.
Agree. And would you say that pad replacement is the easiest of carpet repairs to perform Joshua?
@Joshua Johnson

Sep 7, 2013
Agree. And would you say that pad replacement is the easiest of carpet repairs to perform Joshua?
@Joshua Johnson
I would indeed. Low tech. It may look ugly, but getting that urine sponge out of there and having access to the subfloor and carpet backing is invaluable.

Once you lay the carpet back down and reattach, the visual horror of mismatched pad and duct tape is forever hidden. Success!

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
I would indeed. Low tech. It may look ugly, but getting that urine sponge out of there and having access to the subfloor and carpet backing is invaluable.

Once you lay the carpet back down and reattach, the visual horror of mismatched pad and duct tape is forever hidden. Success!
I know little about repairs but have a full time repair guy I sub to. He is amazing. How many size pads are there and whats most popular sizes?

Sep 7, 2013
I know little about repairs but have a full time repair guy I sub to. He is amazing. How many size pads are there and whats most popular sizes?
Repairs only about 10% of what I do. Far as I've seen, there are three common grades. Cheap, standard and luxury. Most pad is standard.