Van Wraps 2016 New Van - Any thoughts?

May 31, 2015
Portland
Real Name
Nate Brott
Hey guys,

I've got a sexy 1997 ford ecoline with faded lettering from 3 other companies you can still see on it. Right now I've got 3x5ft magnets on either side with my company information on it. Since its got over 200k miles on it, I think it's time for a new one. I would hate to have to replace a motor or something and not be able to work.

Here is what I am leaning towards. I love the Nissan NV2500 or 3500. It has fantastic storage in the front ant a good amount of room in the back.

High roof or not?

Also I want some sort of nice flooring, I have boat carpet now. I wouldnt mind a hard surface flooring, any thoughts on a good set up?

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
Hey guys,

I've got a sexy 1997 ford ecoline with faded lettering from 3 other companies you can still see on it. Right now I've got 3x5ft magnets on either side with my company information on it. Since its got over 200k miles on it, I think it's time for a new one. I would hate to have to replace a motor or something and not be able to work.

Here is what I am leaning towards. I love the Nissan NV2500 or 3500. It has fantastic storage in the front ant a good amount of room in the back.

High roof or not?

Also I want some sort of nice flooring, I have boat carpet now. I wouldnt mind a hard surface flooring, any thoughts on a good set up?
My question Sir is..Why are you Hell bent on spending That Much? If you have the Cash Flow to Support it..Nuthha story..Just don't get that reading your Post? Love the Sexy Ford..Paid for is Best! If you lack a back Up..then you Are NOT busy enuff to take the Plunge of those machines you mentioned..JMHO..

May 31, 2015
Portland
Real Name
Nate Brott

Lets back up a bit. Yes my van is paid for. Yes I dont have a back up van, I am an owner operator so I only have one van, however, I have three employees that do nightly janitorial for businesses. I am by no means rich but I can afford a van upgrade lol. I have actually been rather busy this winter which has been unexpected.

Also I am not going to buy brand new. The van I am looking at a couple of years old under 30k miles cost around 15-20k depending on miles and high roof or not.

Im upgrading my TM, just the van and possible the van floor as well.

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
Lets back up a bit. Yes my van is paid for. Yes I dont have a back up van, I am an owner operator so I only have one van, however, I have three employees that do nightly janitorial for businesses. I am by no means rich but I can afford a van upgrade lol. I have actually been rather busy this winter which has been unexpected.

Also I am not going to buy brand new. The van I am looking at a couple of years old under 30k miles cost around 15-20k depending on miles and high roof or not.

Im upgrading my TM, just the van and possible the van floor as well.
Sorry You/I misunderstood each other...For the Floor of your used van..i suggest the Freddie Flintstone model..When the motor fails..All ya Gots to do is Pedal or call Wilma & Barney!

May 31, 2015
Portland
Real Name
Nate Brott
Sorry You/I misunderstood each other...For the Floor of your used van..i suggest the Freddie Flintstone model..When the motor fails..All ya Gots to do is Pedal or call Wilma & Barney!

haha, No you are fine! Believe me, you are right, I don't want to spend money, I would rather put it in my pocket but the van will have to be the next big purchase.

But the flooring idea is great! maybe I dont have to replace it!

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
haha, No you are fine! Believe me, you are right, I don't want to spend money, I would rather put it in my pocket but the van will have to be the next big purchase.

But the flooring idea is great! maybe I dont have to replace it!
Well you being in Portland..Choke full of Homeless Folks..Hire one or Twelve to haul Hose & Clean the Dump Tank Out..Dont confuse the ladies Foul Smell with a Dump tank?

matt30577

Premium VIP
Dec 21, 2009
georgia
Real Name
matt wood
Business Location
United States
If you don't have any major problems, and your van is paid for, I'd put a $400 white paint job on your 1997van, get some newer Ford Factory wheels from an auto salvage yard, and save up $4k for an extra engine. After all that is done, and you have a cushion in your bank...you might not want a new van. But if you still want a new van, you have a nice older van for backup

matt30577

Premium VIP
Dec 21, 2009
georgia
Real Name
matt wood
Business Location
United States
Get another 5years out of your current truck mount/van setup, and by then, you should need to upgrade your truck mount. Buy a van/truckmount combo, and it'll be easier and maybe more affordable that way.

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
If you don't have any major problems, and your van is paid for, I'd put a $400 white paint job on your 1997van, get some newer Ford Factory wheels from an auto salvage yard, and save up $4k for an extra engine. After all that is done, and you have a cushion in your bank...you might not want a new van. But if you still want a new van, you have a nice older van for backup
Chicken Dinner..Well said my friend!

May 31, 2015
Portland
Real Name
Nate Brott
Get another 5years out of your current truck mount/van setup, and by then, you should need to upgrade your truck mount. Buy a van/truckmount combo, and it'll be easier and maybe more affordable that way.

Not a bad idea. It would be cheaper to retire a TM and get an upgrade with the next van. Lots of things to think about I suppose

Reactions: matt30577