2006 Chevrolet 2500 van with 2009 Prochem Apex truckmount $14,900 | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

2006 Chevrolet 2500 van with 2009 Prochem Apex truckmount $14,900

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
2006 Chevrolet 2500 van with 164,000 miles in great condition.
2009 Prochem Apex truckmount (32 HP Water Cooled Kubota Engine) with 7155 hours with
100 gallon fresh water tank
automatic waste pumpout
Silver Bullet filter
HydroForce Sprayer
Carpet wand with glide
Upholstery tool Stair tool
Water Claw Sub‑Surface Flood Extractor
All hoses and supplies shown are included.

Both van and machine are very dependable. Owner/Operated
IMG_4252.jpg
IMG_4253.jpg
IMG_4254.jpg
IMG_4255.jpg
image000006.jpg
IMG_4256.jpg
IMG_4258.jpg
IMG_4260.jpg
IMG_4261.jpg
IMG_4262(1).jpg

Jan 20, 2020
Real Name
Benji Zimmerman
Damn if this was available when I was starting out in January, I think I'd be making a roadtrip. Wisconsin isn't actually that far away from me.

Jan 20, 2020
Real Name
Benji Zimmerman
I'm looking for my first van right now, how has it been for you getting started with all the craziness of this year?

I'm glad I bought used equipment (even though I bought a lemon and had to fix a pile of stuff myself) and van with cash. Truth be told I should have bought two portables (one for carpet, one for tile and grout) and hit commercial high rise customers and low hanging tile & grout customers looking for a deal first. And I'm even more glad I started on a shoestring and am slowly spending a bit more on ads. I'm going to be hustling hard till the snow flies to get as much business as possible. If I can make it to spring with no debt, I can make this thing succeed.

Mistakes were made, but I see this thing turning around. Even though this week has been dead, I pitched a ton of commercial spaces and now have a book of people to follow up with. I'll get some of it.

Glad I didn't bet the entire farm ;) (*edit - or put cash down on a new machine and have payments to make)

Boomer

Jul 30, 2020
Real Name
David Pegram
I'm glad I bought used equipment (even though I bought a lemon and had to fix a pile of stuff myself) and van with cash. Truth be told I should have bought two portables (one for carpet, one for tile and grout) and hit commercial high rise customers and low hanging tile & grout customers looking for a deal first. And I'm even more glad I started on a shoestring and am slowly spending a bit more on ads. I'm going to be hustling hard till the snow flies to get as much business as possible. If I can make it to spring with no debt, I can make this thing succeed.

Mistakes were made, but I see this thing turning around. Even though this week has been dead, I pitched a ton of commercial spaces and now have a book of people to follow up with. I'll get some of it.

Glad I didn't bet the entire farm ;)
I'm paranoid about buying a lemon and haven't pulled the string on a couple of vans because it felt a little off. I almost made a mistake today. I found an Everest with 5k in a good box truck, had a mechanic sign off on it. Only issue was a leaky hose, I figured that's an easy fix. Turns out there was a broken heat exchanger. So that could've been my lemon and I'm glad the owner was an honest person. What unit did you start with?

Jan 20, 2020
Real Name
Benji Zimmerman
I'm paranoid about buying a lemon and haven't pulled the string on a couple of vans because it felt a little off. I almost made a mistake today. I found an Everest with 5k in a good box truck, had a mechanic sign off on it. Only issue was a leaky hose, I figured that's an easy fix. Turns out there was a broken heat exchanger. So that could've been my lemon and I'm glad the owner was an honest person. What unit did you start with?

I started with a Prochem Legend XL. Now that I've put a new engine, rebuilt the blower (did the teardown myself to save shop time $$$), and rebuilt my chemical pulse pump, it's doing good - Did an acreage where I had to run 100ft to the door and then inside. Took longer but paid really nicely.

I got a barely used hydroforce SX-15 (used twice), and gekko tool (same) for quite a discount (40% off new). So those will be the money makers going forward doing T&G commercial I hope. Going to be doing overnight smaller restaurants and front areas in take out places soon.

My Heat Exchangers just needed to be removed and cleaned. I did that on a lazy Sunday.

The van has been great (2009 Chevy Express) - just over 100,000 miles.

If I had it to do over again, I'd buy the same van but get the second level Reliabuilt from Kacy in Colarado.

Now that I have this Legend XL and know how to work on it - I may just run it a few years and then in the dead of winter shut down for two weeks, fabricate a new, better chassis and faceplate. Reuse all the gauges, replace the wiring and the hoses + fittings I haven't replaced. Then, I'll increase my rpm on the Koehler (I got 700 rpm of head room, an extra 400 rpm would be nice), then I'll fit a better CAT pump and chem pump that can do more PSI and has the high temp seals. Maybe, a smaller pulley on the front to drive the new CAT pump.

If I chicken out though 4 years and I'll scrap it. I'll have to price out souping it up and making a resto-mod truckmount, vs buying something new. If I mile out my van though, and the Legend is causing problems, I could see myself getting a Judson or Reliabuilt. Proprietary parts and complexity for it's own sake really suck.

Jan 20, 2020
Real Name
Benji Zimmerman

And you're damn right about not pulling the string when it feels off. At this point if I were you, I'd wait until fall/winter that causes alot of guys to have to get out.

You will find the right machine and van. Take the time, if I didn't have the cash to weather the storm, I'd be out of business.

Reactions: Boomer

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
I dont know why everyone limits themselves to local sales.

Im in Wisconsin. My last Van/TM I bought used. van was 6 months old and TM had less than 300 hours and was located in Las Vegas. Seller drove it to Denver, I flew to Denver and drove it back. Saved a TON off new.

Current Van/TM got new and flew to Florida and drove it back. Saved $20,000 off list. Nobody locally could touch that price.

If I only looked locally, I would have been screwed.

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
I listed it for a friend who does not post on the board. you can call them at (920) 722-1841

Reactions: lehighcounty