matt30577

Premium VIP
Dec 21, 2009
georgia
Real Name
matt wood
Business Location
United States
I also feel that if it's too easy to push, then how can it suck up more water? I don't want to bring that debate on this thread, but ya'll know what I mean

AdmiralClean

Poster
Premium VIP
Mar 13, 2007
Alabama
I don't know anything about the Westpaks, but I can almost assure you it's a wand problem. I use a 2 inch Prochem Titanium wand, with 02 jets (12 flow) and clean at 600 psi. My dry times are in the 2 to 4 hour range. My suggestion would be to go to one of those old timer boards and talk to some older cleaners. The average age here is probably something like 22. Talk to some old farts like Raddon and see what they suggest for a good wand.

You already know what I suggest.

And yes, the absence of a glide can make a difference, but not THAT much. I can take my glide off my titanium and it will only raise my drying times up about an hour. I use the glide for my back, not drying times.

matt30577

Premium VIP
Dec 21, 2009
georgia
Real Name
matt wood
Business Location
United States
I don't know anything about the Westpaks, but I can almost assure you it's a wand problem. I use a 2 inch Prochem Titanium wand, with 02 jets (12 flow) and clean at 600 psi. My dry times are in the 2 to 4 hour range. My suggestion would be to go to one of those old timer boards and talk to some older cleaners. The average age here is probably something like 22. Talk to some old farts like Raddon and see what they suggest for a good wand.

You already know what I suggest.

And yes, the absence of a glide can make a difference, but not THAT much. I can take my glide off my titanium and it will only raise my drying times up about an hour. I use the glide for my back, not drying times.
When I get some money to blow, I might try another 2" wand. It seems it had to be a wand malfunction somehow for it to not do a good job

RoboShark

Nov 14, 2011
CA
Real Name
robert harrington
Business Location
United States
I've always used 1.5 " wands with a ten foot whip. Since I ditched the whip and run 2" all the way to my 1.5" wand it has dramatically increased CFM. I think this is the sweet spot. Easy grip light wand with great dry times. 2-4 hrs.

vnmineo

Dec 2, 2012
Real Name
vin mineo
Business Location
United States
I also feel that if it's too easy to push, then how can it suck up more water? I don't want to bring that debate on this thread, but ya'll know what I mean
I always felt the same way and thats why it took me as long as it did to get one. But I couldnt put up with it anymore when I got my new TM so I figured I would give it a shot and I am so happy I did. I can easily push the wand with one hand like its nothing:)

matt30577

Premium VIP
Dec 21, 2009
georgia
Real Name
matt wood
Business Location
United States
My mach12 has a glide on it, and I love it also. I was referring to my westpak wand on how I could barely feel or hear any suction

bob_rugratz

Premium VIP
Sep 30, 2009
Real Name
bob middleton
Business Location
United States
12 for small houses. 14 for bigger rooms and most commercial. I think most will agree on this. trick is not to force it. Heavier wand will wear you out if you do. 12 " with 2 " tube will be able to move faster than 14" but more strokes. I put a new 1.5" on the hose and my tech meet me at the door with it after I started the tm. He said hand me the old wand back. It was 2" tube 12" wand. Just personal preference but I believe most use 2". You could do a survey thread.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using TMF Forums mobile app

Piperton Rugsucker

Apr 1, 2012
TN
Real Name
Troy Cline
Business Location
United States
I think a lot of it has to do with how the wand "fits" you. If you're taller, shorter, long arms and even the strokes used can make a wand more/less easy to use. I believe it has a lot to do with the angle the wand is held at. Once you find a 2" one that "fits" rock on!

Also, as I stated before a flexible 2" lead hose is a must! Wrestling with a stiff lead hose will just wear your a$$ out!

Jim Ellis

Apr 1, 2013
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
www.instantsteamclean.com
Real Name
Jim Ellis
Business Location
United States
Also I'm thinking a benefit of a 2" wand would be a final boost of cfm if you are "stretching your cfm's" - maybe at a distance where you hear the wand start to go quiet - I'm thinking a 2" wand would be a final boost in such a situation (vs a 1.5") and help.

bob_rugratz

Premium VIP
Sep 30, 2009
Real Name
bob middleton
Business Location
United States
The vacuums at the carwash have crappy i mean flexible lead hoses. I am not suggesting you steal one but they are light. I ordered one from a car wash supply website. They are not crush proof. But ok to use for a 15 foot lead.

Jim Ellis

Apr 1, 2013
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
www.instantsteamclean.com
Real Name
Jim Ellis
Business Location
United States
The vacuums at the carwash have crappy i mean flexible lead hoses. I am not suggesting you steal one but they are light. I ordered one from a car wash supply website. They are not crush proof. But ok to use for a 15 foot lead.

They don't have liners or smooth bores ... Avoid them

Sent from my SGH-T679 using TMF Forums mobile app

AffordableCarpetCare

Aug 30, 2013
Lebanon TN
Real Name
Matthew Patterson
Business Location
United States
ok i don't have the money for a new wand right now. I'm currently using a 1.5" with a 25' whip how much would it help if i change to 2" hose all the way to my 1.5" wand?