2 things

Sep 30, 2009
Real Name
bob middleton
Business Location
United States
Started first big encap job. Tonight. I think it is called a Malish brush and pad. I didnt get bonnet pro multibrush yet. Anyways this one need to be broke in a bit first.

Order pads online 2 weeks early. Oh and 3rd. Sometimes extraction is just neccessary. I am still working on it. But it is a bad one. We bought up just about every descent bonnet locally we could. Jani place messed up and tols me friday they had plenty. NOT. Hopefully we can get somewhere close to half tonight. We have 2 nights booked

Sep 30, 2009
Real Name
bob middleton
Business Location
United States
Just got in. I posted from phone earlier just to vent.
Con's
Working in a very secure high rise. They locked down the service elevator at 5 pm and couldn't unlock it So we had to truck everything in through the front door as all the worker were leaving.
Local jani store told me Thursday they had several cases of bonnets and turns out they had ONE.
Mad at myself for leaving my fate in their hands like that.
My lead tech fell ill after about an hour so me and part time worker basically
I had some food and medicine brought up there to see if that would help him but then got locked out of the building for almost 30 min. due to the security. the place basically locks down after a certain time.
The elevators we had to use had to have a security key to operate going up. you could go down but not up.
The jani company was supposed to vacuum of course that was a joke
I tried to use tiger pads on my new brush/pad driver and it torqued like a elephant. Switched to no stripe and tons better.
Using shower feed is a little tricky and difficult to get even results. Uses more chem than I would like to.
Tried prespraying ahead but so many stains and heavy soil it needs to be scrubbed then dwell in anyways. And shower feed areas got much more solution, being short on help it was hard to keep all that going. I can see a spraying machine would be ideal. Maybe some are just better but I have about a million hours on a 175 and I couldn't get solution even like I would like it.
bit bit bit shame on me.

I have encapped small things but this is totally different animal.

Pros tonight
We did get a rhythm going and will hit the floor running tomorrow
Will be putting a red pad under the brush/pad driver just to lay down encap and scrub it in
Then we will bonnet behind that. After a dwell time of 5 to 15 minutes. Changing pads frequently. May even rent another 17". because of lost time. Long as I can keep ahead of those 2 17" 's scrubbing in the encap with the 20". When they are this dirty and stained up. That dwell is gonna be necessary IMHO .The mutibrush from bonnet pro which is not the one I have, says you need to use the fiber pad instead of the bonnet when heavy cleaning. I see now what they mean. With that bonnet in the middle I don't think it leaves enough solution for dwelling. it does work as it should , but this situation seems to call for heavy scrubbing and dwell. Going over and over it without that dwell was just wasted energy. I could see it really being handy on light to medium soil maybe only taking one step.
I am sure I will learn more tomorrow!!

Bonnet Pro surround Ultra worked well BTW. After we started doing it right it kicked ass.
The free sample pack they sent was also very nice. We used the oxy spotter quart bottle up tonight.
I got protector, deo, and surround free as well. all quarts.
They sent MSDS sheet and a nice brochure.
Shipping was as promised as well
I will do full review after job.

Learning curve for each situation as always. I will give them a quality finished product as promised.

Sep 30, 2009
Real Name
bob middleton
Business Location
United States
Yea we are doing it about the best it can be done without a spray set up. I know what you mean though.
Worth my worker back up and running. We got 3 times as much done tonight. 4 passes over this crusty carpet. 2 vacuumings. All the little spots gone. Prolly did 4k sf tonight. Mostly offices and cubicles. Red pad. . Tiger pad.. then micro fiber thin. Then tiger stripe again with light pre spray no shower. And to catch any spots left over. But we are getting. 35 psf so had to give them the gold package.

BonnetPro

Oct 1, 2009
Pa
www.bonnetpro.com
Real Name
John Klucznik
Business Location
United States
Bonnet Pro surround Ultra worked well BTW. After we started doing it right it kicked ass.
The free sample pack they sent was also very nice. We used the oxy spotter quart bottle up tonight.
I got protector, deo, and surround free as well. all quarts.
They sent MSDS sheet and a nice brochure.
Shipping was as promised as well
I will do full review after job.
Thanks for that. The sample packs where made up before the last tweak on Surround so if you like that the updated formula is even better.