Joe Kennedy

Staff member
Dec 11, 2011
Arizona
Real Name
Joe K
Business Location
United States
I have a few questions as I want to swap to 2" hose.

I have a portable the uses a plastic 1 1-2 barb connector for the vacuum. I hate it and wish to switch to mytee cuffs . Is there a special way to install the starter cuff to the machine to make it accept the 2" cuff? Also I keep hearing about gorilla glue and how it needs moisture to set what's the way to do this? Pretty sure it's all simple but I'd rather have a little guidance before I mess something off.

Joe Kennedy

Staff member
Dec 11, 2011
Arizona
Real Name
Joe K
Business Location
United States
Also where is the best place to buy the 2" hoses for price and quality?

Casey B

Nov 8, 2012
Real Name
yesac
FYI -Moisture will expand the glue, so only a little is needed(unless that is desired). Just wet the area to be glued. It is good stuff, although I would think 2 part epoxy would bond plastic better though. ?

Tron

Aug 3, 2010
Business Location
United States
What vac motor(s) does your portable have?
That may prove to be pointless to have 2" hose if it can't be used to its potential.

Also you want a full 2" opening to the waste tank otherwise again no point in having 2" hose. You don't havnt to adapt a two inch hose onto the 1.5" barb.

Joe Kennedy

Staff member
Dec 11, 2011
Arizona
Real Name
Joe K
Business Location
United States
I want to remove the barb and drill the opening to for the 2 inch mytee lynx starter cuff and I'm running two three stage vacuums inside the porty.

Joe Kennedy

Staff member
Dec 11, 2011
Arizona
Real Name
Joe K
Business Location
United States
When it's cold here the hose cuffs on the 1.5 vacuum hoses stick together I'm swapping to the larger hose to be able to use the cuffs and ditch the adaptor on my wand. My wand is already 2"

Larry Cobb

Mar 25, 2007
Dallas, TX
Real Name
Larry Cobb
Joe;

We modify lots portable equipment.
http://www4.this company does not support TMF.com/zen/images/zinc-nut.jpgThis 2" pipe thread metal nut fastens the Mytee starter cuff to the extractor.

Larry Cobb
Cobb Carpet Supply

Joe Kennedy

Staff member
Dec 11, 2011
Arizona
Real Name
Joe K
Business Location
United States
Joe;

We modify lots portable equipment.
http://www4.this company does not support TMF.com/zen/images/zinc-nut.jpgThis 2" pipe thread metal nut fastens the Mytee starter cuff to the extractor.

Larry Cobb
Cobb Carpet Supply
Larry is this all I need I noticed inside my recovery tank it has a white pvc elbow elbow to shoot the fluid away from the overflow valve. is this needed? how do I retrofit this?