2.5 or 2in double hose short run? worth it or not? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

2.5 or 2in double hose short run? worth it or not?

powerwashcarpetcleaning

Jul 17, 2012
Palmdale, CA
Real Name
Walter Arauz
I have a 25/45 with 2 vac outlets. Currently I use one with a mini devestator with 8ft hose in between. I am very limited with space in a mini cargo van. Would adding another 8ft to make it double to the filter with a Y help at all?

Or would a 20ft 2.5 hose to filter make more sense?

Filter only has one inlet (2inch)

bob_rugratz

Premium VIP
Sep 30, 2009
Real Name
bob middleton
Business Location
United States
My opinion is have one 2.5 to the filter. This is how most high end larger TM's are set up. You will have to drill out filter lid. C clamp a piece of 2x4 to the flat side of lid covering the hole. So you can use a hole saw on your drill. The 2x4 will keep the hole saw from moving around cause the center drill bit will be going into the wood. And its best to hold 2x4 with something too. Make sure you get the right size. Cause the good saws are not cheap. No need buying 5 of them.
Same on the tank. use the hole saw.

Reactions: rob allen

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Have you taken out all waste tank filters?

powerwashcarpetcleaning

Jul 17, 2012
Palmdale, CA
Real Name
Walter Arauz
Yes, no filter just the mini dev. I wish I had the space to run dual to the door but cant. Would dual 8ft or dual 12ft help? I believe it will with flow to the filter but not sure I want others opinion. Hose runs are usually 100-150 max. Usually most of the 100 is enough with the filter and the extra 8.

Or maybe like Bob said 2.5 and change the fitting on the tang as it has 2.5 threading already but I see they only sell them in 50ft only... then theres the keep everything compatible mentality and use a hose I already cut...

TConway

Premium VIP
Oct 28, 2009
Redding,Ca.
www.simplycleancarpetredding.com
Real Name
Thomas Conway
Business Location
United States
You can do a simple set up if you want to find out for yourself, without making any changes to your filter.
Go get a plumbers Y and put some cuffs on it, barbs will be fine for the van side of the Y, then set your 2.0 x 2.0 filter at the door and hook into it with a small 2.0 hose or fitting on the job side of the Y.
Then just run your lead hose off the front of the dev into the house and try it,, When doing 4 2 door with a 45 blower I believe you need to keep it 50 or less on a 45.
I used to set up 42dr with 25' all the time what ever gets you to the front door. You want to keep the two runs as straight as possible, this is why I have cuffs every 25' adding 50' of 42dr and having to much of it so loops around and back to tm is not going to make much of a difference, because we do so much PM type work and apartments we went to a single run of 2.5 hose so it is a lot easier to set up around stairs and such, and only one run going up stairs, sucks having to take a filter up the stairs all the time.
They make a nice Y that you can buy at most auto parts stores right on the shelf, it is just a chrome dual outlet tip. you can easily slip your cuffs over it and you are good to go...I will go get it out of storage and snap a pic of it to show you later today okay. Cost about 12 bucks I think

powerwashcarpetcleaning

Jul 17, 2012
Palmdale, CA
Real Name
Walter Arauz
Ran 20 ft to the Y ant the original 8 ft I had begore to filter. Air flow is amazing I couldnt tell the different in th tube but can hear it in the air at the hose enough to be noticeable. Where should my open flow read? how do you read it and how much hose?

20150209_205856.jpg
20150209_211347.jpg

TConway

Premium VIP
Oct 28, 2009
Redding,Ca.
www.simplycleancarpetredding.com
Real Name
Thomas Conway
Business Location
United States
Okay made it back home, what a trip. I wanted to post this for you but couldn't do it with my phone so he it is.
@amtexequipment Ben this is also for you, you had asked for a Y connector, I found these at O'Reilly's auto parts they work really well for a nice compact Y and the cuffs fit right on them,
Cost about 10-12.00 bucks

powerwashcarpetcleaning

Jul 17, 2012
Palmdale, CA
Real Name
Walter Arauz
Well after my first few jobs with it I cant tell the difference visually. I can however feel the carpet dryer than before after the dry pass with the RV360i. Also the howling of the CFM increase can be heard louder at the devastator.

I am now going to try bigger jets on my RV360i...