1st truck mount advice | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

1st truck mount advice

Smtwn janitorial

Sep 21, 2016
Real Name
Matt ross
Rob sells one on tmf. Mytee has one. Tom conway makes the devastator filter. There are options. Keeps your waste tank filter cleaner longer.

Select

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States
Well i don't think there is a need for a pre filter really, the waters already being filtered thru the water softener but I did get one anyway

This one to be exact, when i fill my fresh water tank at home my truck is only like 13 feet from the water spicket on my house
I think he is talking about inline vacuum filter before dirty extracted water gets inside your waste tank.

Reactions: rob allen

Select

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States
It did not meet my expectations by a long shot. I won't talk bad about them, but let me say this, my 2 truck mounts coming out will destroy Prochem, Sapphire and Areotech.
Sounds expensive something a well established business might only entertain.

Kart Racer

Sep 20, 2016
Real Name
Ed Portz
Business Location
United States
The isuzu?? U serious? Gas or diesel model?
Diesel, its been a f"n disaster, first it was 10 trips to dealer for the DEF emissions as they couldn't figure out why it went into limp mode.(they towed it like 5x). then just recently (truck has less than 19k mi on it btw) the head gasket blew/ so they had to replace turbo heat exchanger, new head, etc etc unbelievable. its a 2016 model. I know most guys have 0 issues, but mines a lemon for sure. I had a bad feeling when Aero tech threw in the gold extended warranty on the cheap for $600. The aero tech machine has 2000 hrs on it now, & runs great & actually is a bad Mo Fo. We do some big Commercial buildings go up 5 stories etc This thing doesn't even skip a beat.

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
Diesel, its been a f"n disaster, first it was 10 trips to dealer for the DEF emissions as they couldn't figure out why it went into limp mode.(they towed it like 5x). then just recently (truck has less than 19k mi on it btw) the head gasket blew/ so they had to replace turbo heat exchanger, new head, etc etc unbelievable. its a 2016 model. I know most guys have 0 issues, but mines a lemon for sure. I had a bad feeling when Aero tech threw in the gold extended warranty on the cheap for $600. The aero tech machine has 2000 hrs on it now, & runs great & actually is a bad Mo Fo. We do some big Commercial buildings go up 5 stories etc This thing doesn't even skip a beat.
Wow sounds like a lemon. The master tech at our local isuzu dealer did tell me to never sell our 2006 5.2l turbo diesel, he said it's the last year of the best motor ever made.

The new ones get slightly less mpg but still.ive heard nothing but great things about them, my friend runs 3 with his junk hauling company.

kevinj6121

Jun 29, 2014
North carolina
Real Name
Kevin
Well I got my van back yesterday with my brand new TM installed.
They did a great job. got my soft water tank in there as well to use when filling my
fresh water tank.
The installer was very knowledgeable and a great guy as well. We ran the machine and he took his time to go over everything with me. Couldn't have had a better experience.
Now i can't wait to clean with it.
Gotta say I was very happy with my Escape ETM and the suction it had but this machine is most definitely better.

I already know i'm gonna love it.
I do however realize that there will be more maintenance involved as compared to a portable or the ETM I had.

But i bought it new and it's only gonna serve me as well as i take care of the thing which I will, I just dropped 16 grand so you can bet i'll be taking very good care of it

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
They did a great job. got my soft water tank in there as well to use when filling my
fresh water tank.
The installer was very knowledgeable and a great guy as well. We ran the machine and he took his time to go over everything with me. Couldn't have had a better experience.
Gotta say I was very happy with my Escape ETM and the suction it had but this machine is most definitely better.

I do however realize that there will be more maintenance involved as compared to a portable or the ETM I had.

But i bought it new and it's only gonna serve me as well as i take care of the thing which I will, I just dropped 16 grand so you can bet i'll be taking very good care of it
It's kind of like having a new kid, isn't it... without the hassle of saving up for college.

CONGRATS!!!!!

Reactions: kevinj6121

Smtwn janitorial

Sep 21, 2016
Real Name
Matt ross
New tools are the best. Another plus is it will help your taxes for a few years. The fuel and maintenance is a write off so it's a win win.

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
fresh water tank.

Kevin, we can start offering our Mytee Escapes as a
"boosters "for a portable units. Did you donated yours? I'm about to donate mine...

• Haha
Reactions: Fedri

kevinj6121

Jun 29, 2014
North carolina
Real Name
Kevin
Kevin, we can start offering our Mytee Escapes as a
"boosters "for a portable units. Did you donated yours? I'm about to donate mine...
No i have a guy coming to by my escape this sunday and possibly he'll take the little giant heater as well, my water otter is sold as well so i recouped back about 4 grand of the 16 i layed out

Reactions: Fedri and Luky

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Congrats. What did you get?

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
No i have a guy coming to by my escape this sunday and possibly he'll take the little giant heater as well, my water otter is sold as well so i recouped back about 4 grand of the 16 i layed out
Congrats Kevin, wishing you the best with your new toy. If I lived in US I would also buy a tm, we are talking 40k cad for an ss 370 where I live and I don't want to invest for that expensive when something is already working great for me. comparing the 2 numbers 16 vs 40.

kevinj6121

Jun 29, 2014
North carolina
Real Name
Kevin
Well I did my first job with the new TM this morning. It was such a pleasure. No water hose to hook up as i just used my fresh water tank that was pre filled at home. no power cords to run and no propane heater to light.

Not that those things took that long anyway but not having to do it at set was nice, and it goes with out say that breakdown was that much easier as well.

machine worked great suction wise, great heat, only had to run 100 foot of hose which is most of my jobs anyway with the occasional 120 to 150 foot runs.

I do notice a difference in suction over the Escape LX. The TM is better.
Was it like night and day difference, did I say holly cow this thing blows the escape away on suction. No I did not. But there is a definite noticeable difference no doubt. I'm happy.

Biggest thing for me is ease of use, and the time savings on set up and break down. No more trips to uhaul to buy propane either for the little giant heater.

jobs I turned down in the past I will no longer turn down. Like 3rd floor condos for example, it was just to much of a PITA with water hose, electric cords in addition to vac and solution lines however no getting around them anyway.

Distance to was a factor, i'll go 200 feet if i have to with the new TM and feel good about it.
Not so much with the escape LX although I know some do it

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
Well I did my first job with the new TM this morning. It was such a pleasure. No water hose to hook up as i just used my fresh water tank that was pre filled at home. no power cords to run and no propane heater to light.

Not that those things took that long anyway but not having to do it at set was nice, and it goes with out say that breakdown was that much easier as well.

machine worked great suction wise, great heat, only had to run 100 foot of hose which is most of my jobs anyway with the occasional 120 to 150 foot runs.

I do notice a difference in suction over the Escape LX. The TM is better.
Was it like night and day difference, did I say holly cow this thing blows the escape away on suction. No I did not. But there is a definite noticeable difference no doubt. I'm happy.

Biggest thing for me is ease of use, and the time savings on set up and break down. No more trips to uhaul to buy propane either for the little giant heater.

jobs I turned down in the past I will no longer turn down. Like 3rd floor condos for example, it was just to much of a PITA with water hose, electric cords in addition to vac and solution lines however no getting around them anyway.

Distance to was a factor, i'll go 200 feet if i have to with the new TM and feel good about it.
Not so much with the escape LX although I know some do it
Escape is lacking of cfm with those LX vacs in series vs to a tm to run more then 125 ft of hose.

kevinj6121

Jun 29, 2014
North carolina
Real Name
Kevin
Well i've got a few jobs under my belt with the new boxxer now and loving it. It does dump water into the recovery tank if it gets to hot which is what its suppose to do i guess,
this could be an issue when using the fresh water tank on a large job as you may run out.
haven't had it happen yet but i can see the potential for it to happen in which case i'd just have to hook up to the house water spicket.

So i'll mostly be hooking up to the house water.
The main reason i got the fresh water tank is that some of the condo complexes i clean in have no outside water hook up and i don't like having to move the washing machine to disconnect their hose to connect mine then have to redo it. some are a PITA.

These units aren't that big and only have carpet in the bedrooms anyway in most of them

Reactions: Fedri

Chris K

Jan 8, 2017
Springfield, Ohio
Real Name
Chris Kelley
Doubt it needs to dump water. Mine did that when I first got it, so a technician at the dealer had me adjust the heat control unit which really improved heat and of course stopped dumping water.

it should only really dump water when you lay off the pump for more than a few minutes.