1st truck mount advice | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

1st truck mount advice

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
I used to have my generator in the back of the van to run the escape, I didn't want the propane and the gas in there at the same time, i just felt better/safer having the propane tank outside the vehicle
It's just an extra set up time, take it out and plug things

Jimsteam

Premium VIP
Apr 19, 2009
NOYB
Real Name
Jim
Business Location
United States
I used to have my generator in the back of the van to run the escape, I didn't want the propane and the gas in there at the same time, i just felt better/safer having the propane tank outside the vehicle
Exactly

Jimsteam

Premium VIP
Apr 19, 2009
NOYB
Real Name
Jim
Business Location
United States
Be careful. In most areas, a propane canister cannot be legally carried in the passenger area of the vehicle. All the interior of a van is considered the passenger area. For safety reasons, it must be carried in the bed of a pick-up, trunk of a car or outside of a van.
I am sure our insurance carriers are also aware of this.

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
Propane and the gas in there at the same time?

You guys are still with the old myth where the tank will explode , guys we are not watching an American action movie here. These tanks don't explode, the only thing to watch out is not to fill it more then 60 % of its capacity.

Reactions: ACP

Select

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States
Propane and the gas in there at the same time?

You guys are still with the old myth where the tank will explode , guys we are not watching an American action movie here. These tanks don't explode, the only thing to watch out is not to fill it more then 60 % of its capacity.
Are action movies made outside the USA less dramatic?

:geek:

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
In my teenage years I use to operate a propane based buffer machine to buff the wax on the tiles in those super markets. I was always afraid to have that tank attached on the buffer machine, this is because of movies was giving me the ideas of tanks explode, how ever this is not correct. These tanks were tested by crushing them and they still didn't explode. The only pre caution is making sure the expiration date is still up to date and not to fill it more then 60% of its capacity so it won't build up pressure on a very hot day, so this way the tank doesn't build any pressure so the gas doesn't burst out from the tank to cause explosion, you can carry the tank in your vehicle and operate it in your vehicle as well. It's more dangerous to bring it out for usage God forbid if a human goes around it and this thing catches on fire will cause some serious of injuries.

Select

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States
In my teenage years I use to operate a propane based buffer machine to buff the wax on the tiles in those super markets. I was always afraid to have that tank attached on the buffer machine, this is because of movies was giving me the ideas of tanks explode, how ever this is not correct. These tanks were tested by crushing them and they still didn't explode. The only pre caution is making sure the expiration date is still up to date and not to fill it more then 60% of its capacity so it won't build up pressure on a very hot day, so this way the tank doesn't build any pressure so the gas doesn't burst out from the tank to cause explosion, you can carry the tank in your vehicle and operate it in your vehicle as well. It's more dangerous to bring it out for usage God forbid if a human goes around it and this thing catches on fire will cause some serious of injuries.
sounds like VCT in those supermarkets?

Is strip/wax super hard work or profitable?

Do you also do that now?

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
sounds like VCT in those supermarkets?

Is strip/wax super hard work or profitable?

Do you also do that now?
It was strip and wax, I use to hate it, my dad, my brother and I three of us use to strip and wax these big super markets for 20 plus straight with minimal break hours every six months, few times a week we use to maintain the floor. It was profitable if we had the contracts, but some were sub contracts and were not paying much. I don't do it anymore because it does involves night work. I am already burnt, I only work 2-3 jobs(carpet, upholstery, tiles) a day 4-8 hours and come home spend time with the kids and family.

Reactions: PistolPete

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
Propane is only combustible as a vapor. The tanks won't explode.

I've shot small tanks before with 7.62 rounds and it's just a ploom of white smoke no fireball.

Propane is still by far the safest fuel to burn in an enclosed vehicle, same thing I've said on here before... it's why the RV industry still uses it to this day.

Reactions: Fedri

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
Propane is only combustible as a vapor. The tanks won't explode.

I've shot small tanks before with 7.62 rounds and it's just a ploom of white smoke no fireball.

Propane is still by far the safest fuel to burn in an enclosed vehicle, same thing I've said on here before... it's why the RV industry still uses it to this day.
Exactly, this is the reason I have used propane in closed doors to buff those floors with the buffer, absolutely no problems.

Jimsteam

Premium VIP
Apr 19, 2009
NOYB
Real Name
Jim
Business Location
United States
Its carelessness that makes propane dangerous .
We feel safe around since we use for so many things.
Still not sure how an insurance adjuster would feel with your set up Fedri

Kart Racer

Sep 20, 2016
Real Name
Ed Portz
Business Location
United States
Selling mine off. Will never use a Prochem again.
Can you explain why? I'm getting ready to buy my 3rd one and its been awhile. I know they sold out a few years back. looking at the 870 Everest as we do a lot of commercial. You sound like me with my Aero Tech. The Aero Tech part is awesome, but the Isuzu truck has been a F'n disaster!!

Reactions: rob allen

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Can you explain why? I'm getting ready to buy my 3rd one and its been awhile. I know they sold out a few years back. looking at the 870 Everest as we do a lot of commercial. You sound like me with my Aero Tech. The Aero Tech part is awesome, but the Isuzu truck has been a F'n disaster!!
It did not meet my expectations by a long shot. I won't talk bad about them, but let me say this, my 2 truck mounts coming out will destroy Prochem, Sapphire and Areotech.

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
The isuzu?? U serious? Gas or diesel model?

kevinj6121

Jun 29, 2014
North carolina
Real Name
Kevin
Well it's getting close, my boxxer has been delivered to the supplier now just waiting on the fresh water tank to arrive so i can drop off my van for the install. I bought a on the go portable water softener which i already have ready to go.
I'm only gonna run soft water thru it to avoid any hard water issues

Smtwn janitorial

Sep 21, 2016
Real Name
Matt ross
What kind of pre filter are you using? Alot of people suggest a short run of 2.5inch to your filter or two separate 2 inch runs for 25ft or so. I haven't experimented with this, just curious on your plan.

kevinj6121

Jun 29, 2014
North carolina
Real Name
Kevin
Well i don't think there is a need for a pre filter really, the waters already being filtered thru the water softener but I did get one anyway

This one to be exact, when i fill my fresh water tank at home my truck is only like 13 feet from the water spicket on my house