Matt
Business Location
United States
What brand:
Motor?
Blower?
water pump?
Heat exchanger?

How many solenoids in total on the unit?
Manual bypass for the Heat exchanger?
Able to disengage water pump?

Estimated/ballpark target price point for a unit with at least a 45 blower?

Just asking for a friend who is going to need to purchase 4-6 units in the next 18 months.

Reactions: Select

SMCommerical

Feb 8, 2018
Real Name
Mike C
Shooting for December 1st.
Thanks looking forward to seeing it. I currently use a portable, but was thinking of possibly getting a TM. I heard great things about the Butler System so was leaning towards one, but always good to see what else is out there. Will be keeping an eye out for it around that time period.

Reactions: Select

kevinj6121

Jun 29, 2014
North carolina
Real Name
Kevin
Kacy with Reliabuilt is a great company to do business with.
Regarding your response though, what is your budget?
His machine fits my budget. I just don't normally put up 5grand and get nothing, he's in Colorado and i'm in North carolina. i wouldn't mind at all if i lived in Colorado.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
His machine fits my budget. I just don't normally put up 5grand and get nothing, he's in Colorado and i'm in North carolina. i wouldn't mind at all if i lived in Colorado.
We are in Va. Come check out our new TMF machines.

• Haha
Reactions: Odin

bcs

Banned
Mar 6, 2010
nz
Real Name
marcus barker
Business Location
New Zealand
Specs and warranty on these units please

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
You'll love it. We have about 5-6yrs or so I believe on a relia built in one of our trucks.

Rock solid machine, insane vacuum for a 45 blower... it will knock your socks off compared to the mytee electric motors your used to. Very strong at 200ft, you WILL need a glide on your wand.

We did the exact same, ordered a unit from Kacy without an HX as we already had an extra little giant sitting around.

He also added a pre heater on our unit so the incoming water gets to about 130f or so before hitting the little giant, makes a big difference in those winter months

kevinj6121

Jun 29, 2014
North carolina
Real Name
Kevin
Ok I went ahead and am getting a brand new boxxer 318 with the 65gal recovery tank and 70 gal fresh water tank and using its heat exchanger in place of my little giant heater, so no more propane to have to buy.
I plan on getting a soft water system but not one installed on the truck. I'll get something that i can hook up to my home water hose and fill my fresh water tank before leaving to clean. The hard water here sucks and hopefully this will be better for the machine as well.
I decided to buy locally since this is my 1st TM ever, if I have issues I want to be able to go back and just say "fix it" it of course comes with a warranty

my total for the boxxer 318 65gal revocery tank, 70 gal fresh water tank, along with a new wand, vac & solution hose/line and some chems is $1608.86 this price also includes installation and the fuel tap kit

Reactions: Smtwn janitorial

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
Ok I went ahead and am getting a brand new boxxer 318 with the 65gal recovery tank and 70 gal fresh water tank and using its heat exchanger in place of my little giant heater, so no more propane to have to buy.
I plan on getting a soft water system but not one installed on the truck. I'll get something that i can hook up to my home water hose and fill my fresh water tank before leaving to clean. The hard water here sucks and hopefully this will be better for the machine as well.
I decided to buy locally since this is my 1st TM ever, if I have issues I want to be able to go back and just say "fix it" it of course comes with a warranty

my total for the boxxer 318 65gal revocery tank, 70 gal fresh water tank, along with a new wand, vac & solution hose/line and some chems is $1608.86 this price also includes installation and the fuel tap kit
Congrats, I think you'll be quite happy once you get used to the difference. I'm curious - here in the Charlotte Metro area, water is considered quite soft (30ppm or less). What part of NC are you in that it's so much higher?

OneBlueSummer

Sep 30, 2012
Real Name
Charlie King
And if your supplier is backed up which they will be it could take them weeks to troubleshoot 1 minor problem. If you would have bought other options you could of taken it to your neighbor, cousin Bob, shop teacher, lawn mower repair, pressure washer store, any mechanic or welder shop, or local Walmart parking lot to get it fixed.

• Haha
Reactions: Mama Fen

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
And if your supplier is backed up which they will be it could take them weeks to troubleshoot 1 minor problem. If you would have bought other options you could of taken it to your neighbor, cousin Bob, shop teacher, lawn mower repair, pressure washer store, any mechanic or welder shop, or local Walmart parking lot to get it fixed.
I don't know where you're at, OBS, but in this neck o' the woods you can't throw a rock without hitting a supplier. I can think of at least four of us within about an hour's drive of Kevin who would be more than capable of working on something as simple as a 318. Suppliers may give priority to machines which have been bought through them, but I cannot think of a time when my mechanic hasn't been able to work someone in fairly quickly regardless of where the unit came from. Plus, I gather from Kevin's posts that he's savvy enough to take care of all maintenance (and quite a few minor repairs) on his own. 318s aren't terribly complex compared to other, bigger units.

OneBlueSummer

Sep 30, 2012
Real Name
Charlie King
Hey 4 close sounds good to me IF they have time that week. By what he said "if I have issues I want to be able to go back and just say "fix it" I was thinking he wasn't willing to do any of the work himself. Glad he's willing to jump into mechanic gloves if need be.

Reactions: Mama Fen

kevinj6121

Jun 29, 2014
North carolina
Real Name
Kevin
Congrats, I think you'll be quite happy once you get used to the difference. I'm curious - here in the Charlotte Metro area, water is considered quite soft (30ppm or less). What part of NC are you in that it's so much higher?
I'm in Calabash NC, literally right on the NC, SC boarder. All I know is and this happens a lot, when i go to a customers house and go to use there garden hose if there spray nozzel has been on there awhile sometimes unless i grab a pair of pliers i can't get the dam thing off it's like its welded on there. I could be wrong but i attribute it the the calcium build up due to hard water.

Either way using soft water is not going to hurt anything but can only help, also and again i could be wrong but i've heard using soft water can help get better cleaning results and allow you to use less chems..

Feel free to educate me and correct me if i'm wrong.

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
Hey 4 close sounds good to me IF they have time that week. By what he said "if I have issues I want to be able to go back and just say "fix it" I was thinking he wasn't willing to do any of the work himself. Glad he's willing to jump into mechanic gloves if need be.
Typically if the unit is running fine but just needs maintenance, the guys eventually get tired of running to the shop to get it done, and take the job over themselves. If there's a flaw or breakdown in the unit that requires an immediate and substantial repair, that's when the support of a trained mechanic becomes crucial.

In eight years of servicing truckmounts of numerous makes and models, I have only seen a small handful of units that came in new that had true 'manufacturer defects' present and virtually all of those have been electrical in nature; the majority of mechanical problems we've seen have been... shall we say, operator error.

And Kevin, you lucky folks out there in the coastal areas have very high water tables to deal with, and your hardness is significantly higher than ours (you're in the 120s or so if my info is accurate). A softener will be a must for you, as will consistent watch for salinity buildup, sedimentation, corrosion, etc.

The tradeoff is, SEAFOOD. You guys have the best.

kevinj6121

Jun 29, 2014
North carolina
Real Name
Kevin
I don't know where you're at, OBS, but in this neck o' the woods you can't throw a rock without hitting a supplier. I can think of at least four of us within about an hour's drive of Kevin who would be more than capable of working on something as simple as a 318. Suppliers may give priority to machines which have been bought through them, but I cannot think of a time when my mechanic hasn't been able to work someone in fairly quickly regardless of where the unit came from. Plus, I gather from Kevin's posts that he's savvy enough to take care of all maintenance (and quite a few minor repairs) on his own. 318s aren't terribly complex compared to other, bigger units.
Valid point there "Suppliers may give priority to machines which have been bought through them" another reason why I stayed local.

But yeah i am totally capable of taking care of all maintenance on my own, which i will. When I pick up my van after install they said they will go over everything with me on proper use and maintenance, and why wouldn't they since I bought it thru them

kevinj6121

Jun 29, 2014
North carolina
Real Name
Kevin
Don't worry, me not afraid to get my hands dirty if need be for minor issues

Reactions: OneBlueSummer

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
Valid point there "Suppliers may give priority to machines which have been bought through them" another reason why I stayed local.

But yeah i am totally capable of taking care of all maintenance on my own, which i will. When I pick up my van after install they said they will go over everything with me on proper use and maintenance, and why wouldn't they since I bought it thru them
Don't be afraid to ask, and ask, and ask. I've seen my mechanic here spend HOURS upon new purchase going over every aspect of the unit with the proud new poppa, and it's a case where the only dumb question is TRULY the one you don't ask.

Reactions: kevinj6121