1k a day is ok but 1k per job is better!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States

drift56

May 28, 2012
Real Name
Robert
I only close a $1000+ client about once per month or two. but usually its selling more service rather than products. 5 rooms carpet cleaning + 650sf tile or a resto call

drift56

May 28, 2012
Real Name
Robert
Responder that's awesome. I maxed at $600. Maybe it's me and not the customer. Maybe it's physiological and I'm scared to ask for more than that or maybe I figure I'm doing good by the $600 from one job. I have done floods for over $1,000, but never a servicing. I will definitely celebrate when i do my first $1,000 job and kudos to everyone that already has. I'm definitely not a high end cleaner as my prices are middle of the road. Heck Im rarely having $1,000 days. I had one Thursday, but it took me and my helper almost 15 hours and we were beat. I definitely need to figure out a plan for bigger tickets. Asking about tile and carpet protector EvEryTimE is something I definitely need to do. This is a good post. Very motivating. The more I hear about others doing big tickets the more I think I can do it more often.
The franchises get those prices easier because the technicians are not affraid to give the prices they are told to... they are set in stone (for the most part) when I was with coit they tought us how to give the price.
  1. walk the area and list the trouble spots (needs)
  2. tell them what is the best approach (recommendations) / ask if they would like those (add ons)
  3. and explain what bennifits they recieve from the service "Recommended service is $$$ - That will take care of all of your spots and the odor mrs jones and your carpets will be protected"
  4. Then wait for their reaction... he who speaks first looses. Give your client time to think and wait.
  5. After listening to whatever they say make reasonable price accommodation (10-15%) or reassurances.
  6. Close with signatures

longkenn

May 7, 2011
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
www.sunbreezeclean.com
Real Name
Kenneth Long
Business Location
United States
I don't get out often but when I do it's nice to show my techs how to offer protector and or deodorizer. I know if they can see me do it they will know it can be done. I showed him doing a 1 k a day is good but 1k per job is better which increases his pay dramatically.

For those of you establishing your business remember you don't know unless you ask. Just throw out the works and let them decide if they want it or not. I went to this pest client who asked for an estimate to clean his carpets at the same time. I gave him an estimate for the works where I charge 1/2 total cleaning for deod and 1/2 for Teflon protector.

I just figure worse they can say is no and I can go down from there. I believe going up on price is harder than going down on price. And I go down gradually not in large chunks. I say what if I gave you 10% off the whole works package? Would that work for you? That almost always gets them to opt inif they said no . This client said yes without discounting and we went to work and over delivered on quality and service. Then collected on the check and moved to the 2nd job with my tech knowing that 1k a day is ok but 1k per job is better. :)

400 to clean
200 protector
200 deodorizer
50 poly door mat
175 general pest

Oh, I am so sorry....that check I paid you with.....Well, you see there is this little problem with my bank account. I actually only had $5.00 in it. Can you hold on cashing it until, oh, sometime next year???????

Latest posts