1k a day is ok but 1k per job is better!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Sep 30, 2009
Real Name
bob middleton
Business Location
United States
With two men. That thing would be beast!

I asked him where he bought it and he said Gunsinhouser the biggest rug dealer in town. He said the guy bought about 20 of them out there and had his guys lay down and pick up each one until he picked the one he liked. Bet those guys were wasted Gary after that lifting. :cool:

Oh and the funny thing is the one the doctor and his wife picked out had a defect and asked me could I fix it. I'll dig up the pic. I think that rug was 5ok or something too.
We just did a 11 x 13 thick one. It was heavy dry. We had to carry it extracted about 20 feet and hang. My pulleys are messing up so it was hell. I cant imagine picking up a 20x24. I just wouldn't do it. Have to get about 3 young bucks at least.

Responder

Sep 16, 2012
Pikesville, MD
Real Name
Chaim Kessler
Business Location
United States
Got my biggest job yet this morning- just shy of $2k; 45% on site rug cleaning, 33% upholstery cleaning, 22% nylon carpet. I forgot to ask if she wants me to apply Scotchgard to the carpet (which will get asked before I start the job next week) and by the time it is all done she will know about everything else I can do.

Responder

Sep 16, 2012
Pikesville, MD
Real Name
Chaim Kessler
Business Location
United States
Got my biggest job yet this morning- just shy of $2k; 45% on site rug cleaning, 33% upholstery cleaning, 22% nylon carpet. I forgot to ask if she wants me to apply Scotchgard to the carpet (which will get asked before I start the job next week) and by the time it is all done she will know about everything else I can do.
Update: job ended up being $2490 after adding Scotchgard and a misc charge for rotating a very large rug.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
That slip and fall agreement work Will hold up in court if your customer try to comes after you

Sent from my iPhone using TMF Forums mobile app
I must ask. Do you know this from experience?

ColoradoCleaner

Dec 31, 2010
Denver, CO
www.magicwandcolorado.com
Real Name
Kevin M
Business Location
United States
$900 for simple hwe on rugs? I hope that was a lot of rugs or I'll be looking for your face on the evening news soon.

Feb 20, 2012
Beausejour Manitoba Canada
Real Name
Grant Schmidt
Business Location
Canada
$900 for simple hwe on rugs? I hope that was a lot of rugs or I'll be looking for your face on the evening news soon.
True, they were cleaned onsite. I like to factor in the RISK CHARGE, Responder may have cleaned 50k plus worth of area rugs. Yes they weren't cleaned at HIS rug spa... regardless
still need to charge large IMO. I need to carry a rider on my insurance if I choose to clean arearugs.

ColoradoCleaner

Dec 31, 2010
Denver, CO
Real Name
Kevin M
Business Location
United States
True, they were cleaned onsite. I like to factor in the RISK CHARGE, Responder may have cleaned 50k plus worth of area rugs. Yes they weren't cleaned at HIS rug spa... regardless
still need to charge large IMO. I need to carry a rider on my insurance if I choose to clean arearugs.
I get what you're saying but I just have a feeling that wasn't the situation here.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Thanks! Feels really good to be getting such great referrals.

Sent from my iPhone using TMF Forums mobile app
Referrals are so under rated and so under appreciated. I LOVE them!

Feb 20, 2012
Real Name
Grant Schmidt
Business Location
Canada
I get what you're saying but I just have a feeling that wasn't the situation here.
Responder is a standup guy... I highly doubt he would fleece anybody as his business is new and mostly Referrals within his Jewish community.
Also he probably was there 2 days plus and cleaned a shit load of rugs.
I hear what your saying as alot of unscrupulous cleaners out there... just don't think so in this case bro. Yes true I believe rugs should be cleaned inplant and immersion cleaning, but on occasion I have custy who just want a surface cleaning onsite. I explain the difference , but still charge large for risk and generally having to be cleaned on hardwood floors etc.

ColoradoCleaner

Dec 31, 2010
Denver, CO
Real Name
Kevin M
Business Location
United States
Responder is a standup guy... I highly doubt he would fleece anybody as his business is new and mostly Referrals within his Jewish community.
Also he probably was there 2 days plus and cleaned a shit load of rugs.
I hear what your saying as alot of unscrupulous cleaners out there... just don't think so in this case bro. Yes true I believe rugs should be cleaned inplant and immersion cleaning, but on occasion I have custy who just want a surface cleaning onsite. I explain the difference , but still charge large for risk and generally having to be cleaned on hardwood floors etc.
Well bro you have your feeling and I have mine. I just feel like if he charged $900 for simple hwe of rugs then it should have either been a lot of rugs or I'll be looking for his face on the evening news soon.

And also... if you can't clean an area rug with your chosen method without a risk of destroying it so great you feel the need to charge extra based on the likelihood of needing to replace it, then you shouldn't be working on it with the method you're using.

Feb 20, 2012
Real Name
Grant Schmidt
Business Location
Canada
Well bro you have your feeling and I have mine. I just feel like if he charged $900 for simple hwe of rugs then it should have either been a lot of rugs or I'll be looking for his face on the evening news soon.

And also... if you can't clean an area rug with your chosen method without a risk of destroying it so great you feel the need to charge extra based on the likelihood of needing to replace it, then you shouldn't be working on it with the method you're using.
That what I'm saying ... it would have been ALOT of area rugs I'm sure. I Haven't replaced one piece of furniture or area-rug or wall to wall carpet in 27 years. I still will charge more to clean that 100% wool rug vs synthetic . Same thing goes for upholstery , the more delicate it is the more $ I'm charging never mind risk of damage, I'm charging for my knowledge so it doesn't get destroyed.

Responder

Sep 16, 2012
Pikesville, MD
Real Name
Chaim Kessler
Business Location
United States
This job was a while ago and I don't remember seeing myself on the news. I do know that I will be back at this customer from the follow up calls that were made.

PS. it was over 900 square feet of rug.