175: What to look for? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

175: What to look for?

Cameron RDS

Jun 2, 2015
Real Name
Cameron Duty
Here's a stupid thought.....Buy the Powr-Flight for $100. then sell it back to the pawn shop for $50. if you don't like it. Cheaper than driving an hour and renting one.
Perfect idea. Although I'll probably keep it. Any idea if it is easy to get brushes for these machines. I'd like to buy a soft carpet brush, but I honestly don't know anything about pad drivers. If you want a laugh, it took me about 15 minutes to realize that red brush was a bonnet driver hahah. I was thinking for the longest time it was to stiff for anything haha.

Dafloorman

Jul 30, 2008
Deerfield Beach, FL
Real Name
Gerald Simmons
I have to hit the sack guys. Gotta get up at 0400 to drive my wife to Tampa International Airport. Yippie.

Let us know what you buy Cameron. (y)
Be safe, I hate those early morning flights! But I usually would book em Lol. Going to Montreal next week, the wife made sure it was a 2pm flight. Lol. Be safe Old Vet!

Reactions: OldCarpetVet

Dafloorman

Jul 30, 2008
Deerfield Beach, FL
Real Name
Gerald Simmons
Perfect idea. Although I'll probably keep it. Any idea if it is easy to get brushes for these machines. I'd like to buy a soft carpet brush, but I honestly don't know anything about pad drivers. If you want a laugh, it took me about 15 minutes to realize that red brush was a bonnet driver hahah. I was thinking for the longest time it was to stiff for anything haha.
Maybe you should just bite the bullet, get a new one, get the carpet brush, other attachments you may want, then use it daily!

Common janitor

Apr 5, 2014
Real Name
Ed Feil
Brushes ?? Sure !! From Powerflite and maybe 1,000 other places too !!
No worries brother , that's why we're here to help you . Wish you were close by me because I could fill your van with everything you would need in a minute !!
I've rehabbed , bought and sold a lot of 175's and other equipment . Let us know how you make out .
All the Best, Ed

Cameron RDS

Jun 2, 2015
Real Name
Cameron Duty
Brushes ?? Sure !! From Powerflite and maybe 1,000 other places too !!
No worries brother , that's why we're here to help you . Wish you were close by me because I could fill your van with everything you would need in a minute !!
I've rehabbed , bought and sold a lot of 175's and other equipment . Let us know how you make out .
All the Best, Ed
Appreciate it bunches Ed!

AlexNess

Jun 21, 2017
Real Name
Alex Ness
Here's a stupid thought.....Buy the Powr-Flight for $100. then sell it back to the pawn shop for $50. if you don't like it. Cheaper than driving an hour and renting one.
That's a good idea too.

Let us know what you get and pictures of the job you use it on would be great too!

Last edited:
Reactions: OldCarpetVet

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT

Brushes are pretty easy to come by. We carry several for stripping VCT, cleaning tile & grout and for carpet. Plenty of other sources as well. Used brushes may still spin but they may be so worn that don't the job done very well. New brushes can be expensive, maybe as much as you pay for a used machine. But they will last a long time and get the work done properly.

jtsunbrite

Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2015
Houston, Texas
Real Name
jeff kessler
Business Location
United States
Cameron don't buy a soft carpet brush,, they suck ass,,, Buy a poly brush the stiffer the better and don't break it in,,, if you have to run it for 20 seconds on concrete then it should spin,,, to me a broke in brush is ruined and too soft

jtsunbrite

Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2015
Houston, Texas
Real Name
jeff kessler
Business Location
United States
Brushes are pretty easy to come by. We carry several for stripping VCT, cleaning tile & grout and for carpet. Plenty of other sources as well. Used brushes may still spin but they may be so worn that don't the job done very well. New brushes can be expensive, maybe as much as you pay for a used machine. But they will last a long time and get the work done properly.
where do yall keep your brushes at Scott, the interlink here only carries them online.... so I guess im gonna have to get a new one online,,, I kinda wanted to hold one in my hot hands to see if I liked it or not

dfwgreg

Jan 29, 2009
Dallas
Real Name
Greg Dfw
Consider an Oreck Orbiter. It's basically a 13" orbital buffer that you can get cotton bonnets, Tile brushes, carpet brushes and more. I can carry it with one hand and it's very versatile. At $288 shipped, it's worth every penny. It's on Amazon. Not sure if it will. Allow me to post the link. Search ORB550MC.

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
where do yall keep your brushes at Scott, the interlink here only carries them online.... so I guess im gonna have to get a new one online,,, I kinda wanted to hold one in my hot hands to see if I liked it or not
The products in each branch store are what sells locally. We stock over 8,000 items at some of our stores and have over 50,000 available. We just can't put every item in every store. No one could find anything and the sales staff would have no idea what some of the items were.

jtsunbrite

Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2015
Houston, Texas
Real Name
jeff kessler
Business Location
United States
The products in each branch store are what sells locally. We stock over 8,000 items at some of our stores and have over 50,000 available. We just can't put every item in every store. No one could find anything and the sales staff would have no idea what some of the items were.
thank you !! ill order it and have it shipped to the store so the sales clerk can see what I was talking about...

PistolPete

Sep 28, 2014
Real Name
Peter Dymond
I bought a 17" Malish black stripping brush on Amazon from Gunn Brush Co. for $175

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
Both items are good deals if they really are new or like new. The burnisher is high speed for polishing / buffing. If used wet to scrub or strip a floor you would be slinging liquid everywhere.

Reactions: Cameron RDS

Cameron RDS

Jun 2, 2015
Real Name
Cameron Duty
If these check out okay make him an offer to take both . Now you have the equipment to expand your service list .
All the Best , Ed
Ed, can you explain to me what a burnisher is used for? Does it strip without liquid or?