175: What to look for? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

175: What to look for?

Cameron RDS

Jun 2, 2015
Real Name
Cameron Duty
It's going to be VERy difficult finding a deal like this! This machine is close to 1k or over new, they were moving, I think they tried to do a little of the business and maybe did not work out? And there house was a mansion! Now just don't purchase a machine just for this job. You need to think that I will incorporate this machine as a daily use for my business!
I hear ya, hopefully I can find one that does it, but if not I'll buy this one for cheap to get me through until I find a good one.

Cameron RDS

Jun 2, 2015
Real Name
Cameron Duty
Can Cimex's be used with a cotton bonnet? Saw a good deal on Craigslist, but wasn't for sure if it would work

jtsunbrite

Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2015
Houston, Texas
Real Name
jeff kessler
Business Location
United States
You got a steal! If I had a lil more time I'd hold out for something like that. I just know I don't wanna be toweling up excess on this big job. I'm going to browse some more before committing though. I'd like to find something just like you got. Looks lighter then the power flite too.
I finally found a deal on the 13 inch,, but check craigs list , offerup, let go, ebay in your area

Reactions: Cameron RDS

Common janitor

Apr 5, 2014
Real Name
Ed Feil
Yep . $100 and no more . All advice above is great . If you're looking for new .......
Google Michigan Equipment Co . at Michco.com . They have Clarke 17" dual capacitor , 50' cord , 1.5 hp . machines for $561 DELIVERED FREE to a dock . Comes with a driver too .
Can't beat it for a new machine . Most I ever paid for one is $ 100 for a 20 " dual speed Mercury and the least was $35 for a 15 " , 1/2 hp . Mercury . Amen to running it before you buy and if you can do it on the floor under load . If it kicks out walk .
All the Best , Ed

Reactions: Scott Kaun

OldCarpetVet

Premium VIP
Nov 2, 2014
Florida
Real Name
Richard Santoro
Something to think about, but I think it might be more trouble then it's worth. I'd like to be able to get it off my local guy and all he sells are 17 and 20. I don't guess their is any way to run a Cimex's with one of those?
A Cimex expert I am not.

Last edited:

Dafloorman

Jul 30, 2008
Deerfield Beach, FL
Real Name
Gerald Simmons
2000, but came with more than just the cimex. Tile stuff, upholstery stuff, and a couple wands.
If you can rent a 175, only for your up coming job, that would be better than rushing to fast on a machine that might not be worth it. Heck, if I lived by you, I would let you borrow one of mines. Do you have someone near you, that would let you borrow there's?

OldCarpetVet

Premium VIP
Nov 2, 2014
Florida
Real Name
Richard Santoro
If you can rent a 175, only for your up coming job, that would be better than rushing to fast on a machine that might not be worth it. Heck, if I lived by you, I would let you borrow one of mines. Do you have someone near you, that would let you borrow there's?
GREAT idea!!! Rent one.

Reactions: Dafloorman

Dafloorman

Jul 30, 2008
Deerfield Beach, FL
Real Name
Gerald Simmons
I personally don't need it because I own too many already, but I know someone who might be interested. Let me see and I'll get back to you. Hey....ya never know.
You're in Deerfield Beach?
Yep Old Vet, Cameron needs the machine, I have 3 of them, Not crazy about the Cimex (to expensive IMO).

Cameron RDS

Jun 2, 2015
Real Name
Cameron Duty
The nearest rental place is like an hour from me and I wanna say to rent is 30-59 bucks. I'd rather spend 50 more and get something I can keep. Even if it becomes a used parts machine. I did find a place that sells new close to me. Might check out what specials they are running. Most of the carpet cleaners around he use rotovacs so I don't have anybody I can borrow off of which sucks. I've seen some better looking ones on Craigslist but their far away. Might have to bite the bullet and travel. But if I could get the power flite one for 100-125 and it worked, I probably would complain too much.

OldCarpetVet

Premium VIP
Nov 2, 2014
Florida
Real Name
Richard Santoro
The nearest rental place is like an hour from me and I wanna say to rent is 30-59 bucks. I'd rather spend 50 more and get something I can keep. Even if it becomes a used parts machine. I did find a place that sells new close to me. Might check out what specials they are running. Most of the carpet cleaners around he use rotovacs so I don't have anybody I can borrow off of which sucks. I've seen some better looking ones on Craigslist but their far away. Might have to bite the bullet and travel. But if I could get the power flite one for 100-125 and it worked, I probably would complain too much.

Here's a stupid thought.....Buy the Powr-Flight for $100. then sell it back to the pawn shop for $50. if you don't like it. Cheaper than driving an hour and renting one.