175 vs CRB Correct Answer

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
I’m big on formal specialized education, but once you obtain a certain level, why they would require yearly recertification seems to be just based on greed. A recertification period I see that’s reasonable maybe off the cuff every 5-7 years but yearly?
My ASE certification in some categories is forever and other categories requires every couple of years but I can always say I'm an ase-certified mechanic

As for my other degrees they never go away I graduated I will always be a diagnostician for example and engineer

jtsunbrite

Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2015
Houston, Texas
Real Name
jeff kessler
Business Location
United States
Recently there was much discussion about a 175 vs CRB.
I wanted to clarify for those people who are genuinely trying to learn.
If your professional and are concerned with doing things correctly, a 175 voids carpet mills warranties. Any side to side scrubbing voids Shaw and Mohawks warranty. Where as using a CRB doesn’t.
Professionals are hired to do things correctly. Just wanted to share that as I just spoke with the mill, and they were shocked there would even be a debate on how it can damage carpet fibers. They commended the Rookie :)
While there’s plenty of ways to clean the most professional method was lost in the subject from foolishness.
Show me in print where this is said, because if you heard this out of the mouth of a rep, then that holds no weight at all.... when I badmouth the crb its just ribbing you little guys who think the world revolves around it.
My personal position is while you are spending all that time bonneting the carpet I can steam clean it and be down the road...
I think both methods have their place.... 175 spins with the twist on carpeting,, the crb is the one that goes against the grain of the carpet.

any way if you listen to the IICRC they will probably recommend buttsex! since they are only after your money !!!

lol

lighten up homeboy !
If you stay on these forums , they are all about selling stuff to you and get everyone to ohhhh and ahhh at them and get yall to buy the stuff.

jtsunbrite

Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2015
Houston, Texas
Real Name
jeff kessler
Business Location
United States
I’m big on formal specialized education, but once you obtain a certain level, why they would require yearly recertification seems to be just based on greed. A recertification period I see that’s reasonable maybe off the cuff every 5-7 years but yearly?
az you just pay them and keep pushing the brand,,, do it year after year,,, they will never know your name and no one will ever care but you....

Dude its a scam to get you to pay them yearly

RAW Prespray

Preferred Vendor
Sep 29, 2011
La Porte, IN
www.evercleantn.com
Real Name
Brandon B
Business Location
United States
az you just pay them and keep pushing the brand,,, do it year after year,,, they will never know your name and no one will ever care but you....

Dude its a scam to get you to pay them yearly
I cannot buy insurance for water damage restoration unless I am IICRC certified.

Reactions: Jim Davisson

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
I won’t call it a scam, but it’s a bit of greed when master cleaners have to continue to pay for Certs every year. So far I’ve gained more then it cost. But every year recert? That’s bogus.

Reactions: jtsunbrite

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
It varies from insurance to insurance some require nothing for water removal but yet require certification for water remediation
Some insurance require it for any sort of water whatsoever
It also varies from state-to-state
Just take the class show it to your provider and no one asks ever again

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
I won’t call it a scam, but it’s a bit of greed when master cleaners have to continue to pay for Certs every year. So far I’ve gained more then it cost. But every year recert? That’s bogus.
Essentially they say you don't have the knowledge no more if you don't pay

Reactions: AZHome&Carpet

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
In my case they are prob right

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
In my case they are prob right
Lol
Here's the deal when you finish the class to hand you a sheet of paperhang it up on the wall you know what you know

Shoot my son this Summer's going to be taking some of their classes
Do I agree with all their practices no

Reactions: AZHome&Carpet

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
Yea I’m wanting to take Stone Pros class in a week or two. I’m hoping to take Shaw’s Class it’s free. This summer or fall I want to take upholstery and odor control with Doug Heifernan. He lives next to Warwick, and wants to take a tour with me.

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
Ive had 4 total calls for warranty cleanings from Mohawk and Shaw. Not once did they ask or even mention IICRC.

The homeowner had bought new carpet and was having issues, they contacted us and had us contact customer for cleaning. The only questions asked were whether it was HWE and if it was a truckmounted system. They didnt even ask about chems.

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
Ive had 4 total calls for warranty cleanings from Mohawk and Shaw. Not once did they ask or even mention IICRC.

The homeowner had bought new carpet and was having issues, they contacted us and had us contact customer for cleaning. The only questions asked were whether it was HWE and if it was a truckmounted system. They didnt even ask about chems.
I've never had an insurance agent asked me if I'm IICRC lol
If their customers house is flooded they just want it taken care of by a professional

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
I took the certs a long time ago.. its okay basic info. The spotting classes are hilarious... theyll have guys spending hours on stains with 3 different chems that a Fels bar will wipe with 2 high heat passes.

Reactions: Ymetimme

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
I took the certs a long time ago.. its okay basic info. The spotting classes are hilarious... theyll have guys spending hours on stains with 3 different chems that a Fels bar will wipe with 2 high heat passes.
That is hilarious
The kiddo got back from the spot in class about 2 weeks ago and he asked Dad is it necessary to do what they said or can we just keep getting spots out the easy way lol

• Haha
Reactions: ACP

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
actually pulling out the viper 175s with black pads next week, did a 100yr old floor today. Gotta go back and strip the rest of the old wax off.

Its a yorkstone pattern and literally has swastikas in some of the tiles around the edges, along with free mason symbols.. not sure the meaning of them or why nobody ever wanted to cover them up.

Reactions: Ymetimme