175 vs CRB Correct Answer

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
:oops: 2 wet passes, no dry passes? Is that really correct? Are they saying it's more powerful than a TM or SuperPorty?:unsure:
I just went to the website it says no dry plasse's -so yes
But yet they recommend it for a sapphire 370
And 570
Screenshot_20190315-003753_Chrome~2.jpg

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
I'm going to assume it's the low flow/low pressure pump on the Rdoc.
Its only i thing 60 psi. Yeah it soaks the shit out of the carpet. You can easily go through 5 gallons in a room. Fine for machines with high lift and cfms. But the rug doc powerful they are not. Multiple drypasses are necessary with it. And fans.

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
Oh that’s right sonic clean. Something about vibration or the some bar that interacts with the power of the universe to create mysterious Cleaning powers haha

• Haha
Reactions: J20770

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
Its only i thing 60 psi. Yeah it soaks the shit out of the carpet. You can easily go through 5 gallons in a room. Fine for machines with high lift and cfms. But the rug doc powerful they are not. Multiple drypasses are necessary with it. And fans.
Many years back we had a customer soak there carpet with a rug Doctor so badly it had the sour smell of standing water thay had to hire us to come suck it up deodorize and put fans on it for them lol
it was one of those cases are bill is a big$ lesson lol

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
Hey my Aqua Power C4 was great compared to my first Powr Flite. Lol

Reactions: Ymetimme

J20770

Premium VIP
Jan 14, 2019
Real Name
Jason Dumont
I read the Shaw residential warranty and nowhere in the warranty does it state that you can or can not use a CRB or rotary, unless I missed something. All the warranty says is that you or the carpet cleaner must use CRI approved cleaning equipment, methods and chemicals. When I venture over to the CRI site, navigate through endless links, opening a dozen windows and look at the approved equipment and systems, I find everything from the Rug Doctor to compound cleaning, to CRB, rotary extraction and encap. So what I’ve taken from this is that they really DGAF what you use as long as it follows the CRI standards, for whatever that’s worth.

They also state that you need to use a CRI approved vacuum. When I look at the approved vacuums I notice that a lot of what is available to consumers is not on the list. Does this automatically mean that Ms.Nylon Tipbloom has voided her warranty a week after installation because she vacuumed with her Dyson or Shark? And if that is the case, why does anyone care if a CRB, 175 or RE is used since the warranty is voided?
I read too fast, Shark is an approved vacuum.

J20770

Premium VIP
Jan 14, 2019
Real Name
Jason Dumont
So universally the bottom line is... if it's a CRI approved rotary it's ok right?
At the end of the day do we really care? I guess we should because of the warranty.This could go on for years. :unsure: Is there an approved RE that isn't proprietary?

If you want to get technical, most of our extractors aren't on the approved list of equipment even though they blow the doc out of the water. Manufacturers don't want to pay for the certification and I don't blame them. My position is if it meets or exceeds standards than it's good and they should be issued a blanket approval. Of course i'm just a lowly peeon and my opinion doesn't matter to the higher ups.

Reactions: Jim Davisson

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
Knowledge is power, how we use it is always up to the individual. I like what Scott said the other day, there’s your way, my way, and the correct way.

thumper@twow.com

Sep 19, 2010
Yorba Linda
www.mjmcarpetcleaning.com
Real Name
mike mitts
Business Location
United States
I have both crbs and 175s. Ive tried them side by side. The rotor scrubbers win hands down. Remember we don't walk on the tops of the fibers we walk on the sides. Thats were a rotor scrubber cleans. In 40+years of doing this I've never seen damage by a 175. Never use a brand new brush on carpet...break it in first.

Reactions: Jim Davisson

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
When I was a IICRC Master Cleaner and Certified Firm I was never asked what chems or equipment I was going to use on warrantee work sent my way. As a matter of fact we have never had any CRI approved equipment or chems on our vans in 23 years of business. I don't believe that we have ever harmed a carpet in a residential setting, but I've done a few patches in rentals because the iron reacted with our Red Out and whatever else the resident through at the stain before I got there. I don't think anyone needs to worry about proper rotary equipment use and voiding warrantees unless the goods scream test in a closet first. Carry on good men!

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
When I was a IICRC Master Cleaner and Certified Firm I was never asked what chems or equipment I was going to use on warrantee work sent my way. As a matter of fact we have never had any CRI approved equipment or chems on our vans in 23 years of business. I don't believe that we have ever harmed a carpet in a residential setting, but I've done a few patches in rentals because the iron reacted with our Red Out and whatever else the resident through at the stain before I got there. I don't think anyone needs to worry about proper rotary equipment use and voiding warrantees unless the goods scream test in a closet first. Carry on good men!
I love this statement when I was
I was also until I stop paying for I didn't know you could lose knowledge once you don't pay a bill lol to say I know

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
I love this statement when I was
I was also until I stop paying for I didn't know you could lose knowledge once you don't pay a bill lol to say I know
Actually I was a card carrying member for MANY YEARS until they changed the requirements for retaining Master status. The IICRC'S greed made me reconsider my position. Years later they sent me an apology letter saying that we are reinstating your Master certs and giving me a free year of membership, <in my best Ozzy man reviews voice> yeah nah they can suck it now destination termination!

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
I’m big on formal specialized education, but once you obtain a certain level, why they would require yearly recertification seems to be just based on greed. A recertification period I see that’s reasonable maybe off the cuff every 5-7 years but yearly?

Reactions: J20770