175 vs CRB Correct Answer

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
Recently there was much discussion about a 175 vs CRB.
I wanted to clarify for those people who are genuinely trying to learn.
If your professional and are concerned with doing things correctly, a 175 voids carpet mills warranties. Any side to side scrubbing voids Shaw and Mohawks warranty. Where as using a CRB doesn’t.
Professionals are hired to do things correctly. Just wanted to share that as I just spoke with the mill, and they were shocked there would even be a debate on how it can damage carpet fibers. They commended the Rookie :)
While there’s plenty of ways to clean the most professional method was lost in the subject from foolishness.

Reactions: Scott W

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
:) only a rookie would care

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
We've all seen me over anxious housewife get out 20 different cleaners and knuckle brushes destroy their carpet trying to get something out lol
Also keep in mind the company I own used only bonnet clean whenever I bring up to the previous owner warranty you would say warranty are a scam lol I would always be thinking but the customer paid for the warranty
He would be kicking and screaming to see me using hwe and CRbs because he was such a believer in the gimmicky dry cleaning system we had

Reactions: AZHome&Carpet

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
I’m not sold on dry cleaning/encap 100%. I think it has its place and works. But man the bonnets get filthy so fast, I end up switching them out endlessly. I mean you have to have a stack of them. Kinda like washing your face with a dirty rag.

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
We've all seen me over anxious housewife get out 20 different cleaners and knuckle brushes destroy their carpet trying to get something out lol
Also keep in mind the company I own used only bonnet clean whenever I bring up to the previous owner warranty you would say warranty are a scam lol I would always be thinking but the customer paid for the warranty
He would be kicking and screaming to see me using hwe and CRbs because he was such a believer in the gimmicky dry cleaning system we had
Ive seen warranty claims denied that should of been honored. And warranty claims granted sight unseen. There's a few carpets need to watch out for. They will be nylon. But they will be soft. And i mean extremely soft. They even warn use of certain vacuums. I would not even use crb with softest brush on these.

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
What about a 360i, T-rex, Hoss, etc... Are they voiding the warranty too?
Good question. I didn’t ask. But one rep snickered when I told him we were discussing this.

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
Ive seen warranty claims denied that should of been honored. And warranty claims granted sight unseen. There's a few carpets need to watch out for. They will be nylon. But they will be soft. And i mean extremely soft. They even warn use of certain vacuums. I would not even use crb with softest brush on these.
Yea that’s we’re experience comes in knowing what tools work when. Dysons void factory warranties. I think it’s not isolated to our industry. I had a cell carrier say I dropped my phone and wouldn’t warranty it. I knew without question I didn’t. They refused. Then about 8 weeks later LG warned about screens cracking in areas like AZ due to sunlight and they ended up warranting it.

Reactions: Ymetimme

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
I’m not sold on dry cleaning/encap 100%. I think it has its place and works. But man the bonnets get filthy so fast, I end up switching them out endlessly. I mean you have to have a stack of them. Kinda like washing your face with a dirty rag.
I still have some of those older customers what ancient carpet I have been hit with a 175 so much that's a tip bloom looks ridiculous my son called that Muppet fur

I can't imagine being able to do that level of damage with a crb no matter how determined the individual is

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
What about a 360i, T-rex, Hoss, etc... Are they voiding the warranty too?
I’m going to call. I use a old RDX. Doesn’t have any brushes, just guides I’d guess they’d say anything that brushes and scrubs side to side. But I’m going to clarify that.
A 175 isn’t made for carpets it’s made for floors, and can easily damage carpet fibers no matter how popular it maybe.

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
I’m going to call. I use a old RDX. Doesn’t have any brushes, just guides I’d guess they’d say anything that brushes and scrubs side to side. But I’m going to clarify that.
A 175 isn’t made for carpets it’s made for floors, and can easily damage carpet fibers no matter how popular it maybe.
Yea I did a ladies entire house with a 175 last month. She put indoor/outdoor carpeting throughout her house. There was tons of gum and candy squished into it. Sometimes you gotta go nuclear, on chemistry and equipment, when it’s called for.

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Yea that’s we’re experience comes in knowing what tools work when. Dysons void factory warranties. I think it’s not isolated to our industry. I had a cell carrier say I dropped my phone and wouldn’t warranty it. I knew without question I didn’t. They refused. Then about 8 weeks later LG warned about screens cracking in areas like AZ due to sunlight and they ended up warranting it.
No longer. They took dyson off their warranty. At one point they did call them out by name. My guess the mills and dyson had some words.

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
Awesome, I wasn’t aware of that. Yea kinda weird they singled out a big name.

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
funny how cleaners tell their customers that the carpet manufacturers specify how often to clean their carpet based on the warranty and then turn around and say that carpet warranties are a joke
Very true

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
Very true
Keep in mind that many carpet mills require that the owner must vacuum frequently (EG, at least once a week per occupant) with a CRI-rated vacuum cleaner in order for warranty to remain in effect.

For a mom, dad, kid, and dog, that means vacuuming four times a week.

How often do you think warranty is voided within the first week of purchase?

J20770

Premium VIP
Jan 14, 2019
Real Name
Jason Dumont
Keep in mind that many carpet mills require that the owner must vacuum frequently (EG, at least once a week per occupant) with a CRI-rated vacuum cleaner in order for warranty to remain in effect.

For a mom, dad, kid, and dog, that means vacuuming four times a week.

How often do you think warranty is voided within the first week of purchase?
I would have to look but I believe they want the traffic areas vacuumed daily.