RDClean

Apr 26, 2012
Texas
rdclean.com
Real Name
N/A
Business Location
United States
This is the van with the 15hp panther that we bought for $1700. We put $1500 into repairing the mounted extractor. Then we bought some new equipment, hoses, van parts, and spent lots of time making this baby ours.

Lots of credit goes to the guys at AmTex right here in Houston. Ben was the most helpful person I have run into in a very long time. We owe him big time.

13BeforeAfter.jpg
12BeforeAfter.jpg
14BeforeAfter.jpg

DanielinsidewTM.jpg

RemoTMwand-1.jpg

Now to get this in-line-sprayer to not clog up after dumping Enz-All in it. LOL

Also, we still have work to do... other than cleaning carpets. We are looking into new wheels and better suspension for the van.

So what do you think?

RDClean

Apr 26, 2012
Texas
rdclean.com
Real Name
N/A
Business Location
United States
Nice, seems like a great deal you got. What year is the Van and how many miles were on it? I'm looking to get a TM, especially if I found a deal like that.

The van is a 98 Astro. It had 264k miles on it when we got it. If you can find a deal like that you would be set. The story to that price is this...

We see this ad on craigslist for about a month as we are searching for our first TM rig. The ad is a 98 Astro Van with truck mounted carpet cleaning equpiment. It looks like trash, guy wants $4900 and I say "No way, not now not neva!" - At the end of that month searching craigslist we come across a similar deal for $3700 and the pictures dont look to bad. I say "Alright, call the guy, lets meet and check it out." We meet up to find that its the same one I had been saying "no way" to. - I check it out and after pointing out many problems I told the guy straight up "Im not interested." He then asked how much I would be willing to pay. I told him $2800. We left and an hour later he calls us saying if we paid that night we could have it for $1700.

It was a big fixer-uper and still needs a bit. A rare occasion.

Dbonezny

Oct 13, 2009
Houston Tx
www.carpetcleaninghoustonpro.com
Real Name
Jose
Business Location
United States
Are you sure it's not stolen? That's what I would think with a deal that fast.

I've come across deals like this on this specific unit several times. It's an entry level machine with a company that sells to those that might go under fairly quickly. It's unfortunate, but it's not uncommon.

At 264k miles, it's running on borrowed time. The equipment is heavy for that suspension & brakes. Always empty you recovery tank before taking off. That tank alone when close to filled can add another 800#'s to the vehicle. Glad Ben was able to help you out. Ben goes out of his way for those that appreciate what Ben brings to the table.

Reactions: Joseph Rogers