CCWorks

Premium VIP
Jan 3, 2010
Michigan
Real Name
Greg
Business Location
United States
Please take a moment and read this post.
With no warning labels on foods, voted by the 2013 Senate , Most senate members that also voted for Obamacare. I bring you a list of approved Obamacare foods for you and your kids. If your poor and uneducated pray to god that the rich pay more in taxes.

Does Obama and all of the US Government leaders favor industry over human health?

It’s probably not something you think about every day, whether or not the foods you are eating could contain carcinogens, but with almost 1.5 million people diagnosed with some type of cancer just last year, perhaps it’s time to look at what is in our foods that could be causing such a huge number of new cancer patients. Here is a list of the top 14 foods that you most likely consume every day that may contain carcinogens or be suspected of causing cancer.

1. Microwave Popcorn

Those little bags of popcorn are so convenient to just stick in the microwave, you wouldn’t think for a minute that they could be dangerous to your health, but they are. The lining of the bags have chemicals that research has found leads to liver and pancreatic cancer, infertility, tumors, and are defined by the EPA as known carcinogens.
Also, applied to the popcorn itself, is a chemical called diacetyl. This is known to cause cancer and possibly damage to the lungs.

2. Non-organic fruits

Fruits that are non-organic are contaminated with pesticides and unsafe fertilizers. Apples are probably the worst offenders with pesticides showing on more than 98 per cent of all apples tested. Fruits with a 90 per cent positive rate of pesticide residue included oranges, strawberries, and grapes.
Washing fruit does not remove 100 per cent of the residue. Pesticides are toxic chemicals to insects as well as human beings.

3. Canned Tomatoes

Actually, most canned foods are a concern because of what the can is lined with. The lining of almost all canned foods are made with a chemical called bisphenol-A, or BPA. The studies on this compound suggest it can lead to infertility, heart disease, and many other illnesses.
Tomatoes are exceptionally dangerous due to their high acidity, which seems to cause BPA to leech from the lining of the can into the tomatoes themselves. The level of BPA can be so high in fact; you should seriously consider not feeding them to children.

4. Processed Meats

This is a long list that includes, but is not limited to, sausages, hot dogs, bacon, most lunch meats like baloney or pimento loaf. All processed meats contain numerous chemicals and preservatives, including sodium nitrates, which make them, look appealing and fresh but are well known carcinogens.

5. Farmed Salmon

Although fish sounds like one of the healthiest foods possible, farmed salmon is one you should avoid. The fish are fed unnatural diets and are contaminated with chemicals, antibiotics, pesticides, and other known carcinogens.

6. Potato Chips

Besides being full of Trans fats and excessive sodium, potato chips have artificial flavors, numerous preservatives, and colors. Potato chips are fried in high temperatures to make them crispy but this also causes them to make a material called acrylamide, a known carcinogen that is also found in cigarettes.

7. Hydrogenated oils
Let’s start from the point that all hydrogenated oils are vegetable oils. Vegetable oils cannot be extracted naturally like butter is, vegetable oils must be chemically removed from their source, then they are changed to be more acceptable to consumers. They are frequently deodorized and colored to look appealing.
All vegetable oils contain high levels of Omega–6 fatty acids. An excess of Omega- 6 fatty acids cause health problems, such as heart disease and in increase in various cancers, especially skin cancer. You need a good balance of both Omega 3 and Omega 6. Try to get plenty of Omega 3 every day. You can do this in the form of supplements and grass fed meats, also fatty fish such as salmon and mackerel are a very good source of Omega 3.
Hydrogenated oils are used to preserve processed foods and keep them looking appealing for a long as possible. Hydrogenated oils influence our cell membranes’ structure and flexibility, which is linked to cancer.

8. Soda Pop
Loaded with sugar, artificial colorings and food chemicals like derivative 4-methylimidazole (4-MI), no wonder soda pop has been shown to cause cancer.
Soda pop succeeds in acidifying our bodies thus feeding cancer cells.

9. Highly processed white flours

Refined white flour is in many processed foods. It has a very high glycemic rate which quickly raises the blood sugar level and can be a direct cause of diabetes, not to mention it is believed that it spreads cancer cells by feeding the cells directly.
White flour also has a huge amount of carbohydrates which has been linked to breast cancer in women.

10. GMO’s

Genetically modified organisms, more commonly called GMO’s, are foods that have been modified by chemicals and grown with chemicals. These chemicals are known to cause birth defects and rapid tumor growth in research animals. Unfortunately, almost all grains, including soybeans, wheat, and corn, have been grown via GMO’s.
GMO’s do not have to be listed on food labels, so look for labels that state the food is GMO free.

11. Refined Sugars
Refined sugars are not only known to spike insulin levels, but also to be the most preferable food for cancer cells, thus promoting their growth.
In order to proliferate, cancer cells seem to prefer feeding on fructose-rich sweeteners like high-fructose corn syrup (HFCS); the reason is that HFCS is being metabolized by cancer cells most quickly and easily. Now it is clear why high-fructose corn syrup is considered the worst offender and it is made of GMO corn.
And since cakes, pies, cookies, sodas, juices, sauces, cereals, and many other extremely popular, mostly processed, food items are loaded with refined sugars and HFCS in particular, this helps explain why cancer rates are on the rise these days.

12. Artificial Sweeteners
Most people use artificial sweeteners to either lose weight or because they are diabetic and must avoid sugar. The main problem in all this is that there are numerous studies that show people who consume artificial sweeteners on a regular basis, such as in sodas, or coffee sweeteners, actually gain weight.
Not to mention that artificial sweeteners inhibit your body’s ability to monitor its daily calorie consumption and make the body crave even more sweets. Well, we’ve already discussed how refined sugars can cause cancer.
There is mounting evidence that the chemicals that make up these sweeteners, especially aspartame, are deadly toxic to the body and can cause cancer.

13. Diet Anything

Diet foods, including frozen foods, or prepackaged foods labeled as “diet” or “low fat”, including diet sodas, generally contain aspartame, which is a chemical, artificial sweetener. There are numerous studies showing that aspartame causes many diseases and sicknesses such as cancers, birth defects, and heart problems.

14. Foods that are highly salted, pickled, or smoked
These food items are known to cause higher rates of stomach cancer.

15. Why your kids are born homosexual and need state paid sex change.
A widely used herbicide acts as a female hormone and feminizes male animals in the wild. Thus male frogs can have female organs, and some male fish actually produce eggs. In a Florida lake contaminated by these chemicals, male alligators have tiny penises.
These days there is also growing evidence linking this class of chemicals to problems in humans. These include breast cancer, infertility, low sperm counts, genital deformities, early menstruation and even diabetes and obesity.

Philip Landrigan, a professor of pediatrics at Mount Sinai School of Medicine, says that a congenital defect called hypospadias — a misplacement of the urethra — is now twice as common among newborn boys as it used to be. He suspects endocrine disruptors, so called because they can wreak havoc with the endocrine system that governs hormones.

Endocrine disruptors are everywhere. They’re in thermal receipts that come out of gas pumps and A.T.M.’s. They’re in canned foods, cosmetics, plastics and food packaging. Test your blood or urine, and you’ll surely find them there, as well as in human breast milk and in cord blood of newborn babies.
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/03/opinion/kristof-how-chemicals-change-us.html?_r=0

16. Why BPA (Plastic Food Containers) is Not Safe, No Matter What the FDA Says
National Public Radio (NPR) aired a story on a study released from Georgetown University, PlastiPure, and CertiChem (a chemical testing company). In the study these companies tested more than 450 plastic products, including many labeled BPA free, and found that more than 90 percent of the plastics (even those that were BPA free) released chemicals that mimic estrogen (the same claims against BPA). They found that sometimes the BPA free products released chemicals having more estrogen activity than BPA-containing products.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Gasoline

Deron06

Deron
Premium VIP
Sep 25, 2010
Real Name
Deron Najarian
Business Location
United States
Thanks for the information, CC. I knew a lot of it but there's some good stuff in there that I did not know.

Deron06

Deron
Premium VIP
Sep 25, 2010
Real Name
Deron Najarian
Business Location
United States
CCWorks, you might want to copy, paste and PM this section to Moho. You may have uncovered the cause of his malady.

15. Why your kids are born homosexual and need a TMF paid sex change. A widely used herbicide acts as a female hormone and feminizes male animals in the wild. Thus male frogs can have female organs, and some male fish actually produce eggs. In a Florida lake contaminated by these chemicals, male alligators have tiny penises and it's even more concentrated in California.

Last edited:

CCWorks

Premium VIP
Jan 3, 2010
Michigan
Real Name
Greg
Business Location
United States
CCWorks, you might want to copy, paste and PM this section to Moho. You may have uncovered the cause of his malady.

15. Why your kids are born homosexual and need state paid sex change. A widely used herbicide acts as a female hormone and feminizes male animals in the wild. Thus male frogs can have female organs, and some male fish actually produce eggs. In a Florida lake contaminated by these chemicals, male alligators have tiny penises

I think that herbicide is Round Up, they spray it on most GMO foods.
So not only is Round Up on your food, its in the plants DNA.

Deron06

Deron
Premium VIP
Sep 25, 2010
Real Name
Deron Najarian
Business Location
United States
CC, is there any way to remove the pesticides on store bought fruit and vegetables?I never eat the apples. they are coated with wax.

CCWorks

Premium VIP
Jan 3, 2010
Michigan
Real Name
Greg
Business Location
United States
CC, is there any way to remove the pesticides on store bought fruit and vegetables?I never eat the apples. they are coated with wax.

To my understanding, Pesticides get absorbed in to the fruit skin, leafs and branchs, like humus absorb nicotine on a patch.
The pesticides also drip down to the roots and get sucked up in the tree that makes fruit.

Some pesticides are applied to the root, so the fruit is loaded pesticides.

I also see Round Up sprayed around the Cherrie and Apple trees in Michigan. The application is a light dose so it does not kill the trees, but the weeds are all dead.

I do not have any test results or data sheets to give you the info, but I think I know these things because I have been in the horticulture business as a care taker of home flower beds and I also do landscaping.

You can even spray fertilizers on the plants leafs to feed the plant.

When you spray weed killers on small plants, the plant absorbs the stuff through the leafs that kill the plant.

Some times I even think humans evolved from plants. :) Lots of plants have DNA up to 20% to 35% of the human / animals genome.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deron06

CCWorks

Premium VIP
Jan 3, 2010
Michigan
Real Name
Greg
Business Location
United States
I buy organic apples and orange juice.
I buy organic wheat most times or regular oat bread, most oats are not GMO.
I buy organic butter and milk 2% if I can.

Most beet sugars are GMO so when you see sugar on a label make sure it reads Cain Sugar.
Never buy HFCS, avoid corn as much as you can.
I do use HFCS cuz I have no other choice, like in a coke. I rarely buy a coke at any fast food chain.

I still learn every day.

Organic cheese is very hard to find.

Last edited:

Gasoline

EcoTech Carpet Clean: The Green Choice
Premium VIP
Apr 11, 2011
PA
ecotechcarpetclean.com
Real Name
Robert Naples
Business Location
United States
Strawberries absorb the most with their tender skin. Try to buy organic.

They make vegetable/fruit spray to wash the contaminants off. I soak all my stuff in RO water with the soapy wash. Rinse twice.

You can make your own veg/fruit soap too. Google it for a recipe.

Gasoline

EcoTech Carpet Clean: The Green Choice
Premium VIP
Apr 11, 2011
PA
ecotechcarpetclean.com
Real Name
Robert Naples
Business Location
United States
The wax is a natural product. It should come right off with soaking in the veg/fruit wash. Buffing them with a kitchen towel will shine them and help remove the wax. If you are still not convinced, peel them.

CCWorks

Premium VIP
Jan 3, 2010
Michigan
Real Name
Greg
Business Location
United States
Corn on the Cob is bad?

I know a older person that likes to grow sweet corn in his garden.
10 years ago he told me that he really likes the treated corn cuz it grows better, and no worms but he still get corn worms at time using it.

Until now, Monsanto’s genetically modified organisms (GMO) have been commodity crops for processed food and animal feed.
But the DNA of sweet corn may be changing. In 2011, Monsanto began selling seeds for its first consumer-oriented vegetable product, a “stacked trait” sweet corn genetically engineered with three Bt-toxin genes that make the corn itself an insecticide, plus a “Roundup Ready” gene that enables the corn to withstand Monsanto’s herbicide glyphosate.
http://civileats.com/2013/11/15/is-monsantos-gmo-sweet-corn-a-flop-in-the-u-s/

Read this a bout cows and corn. Cows get sick when eating corn, so they pump them with homos and antibiotics, pigs get sick too.
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/meat/interviews/pollan.html

CCWorks

Premium VIP
Jan 3, 2010
Michigan
Real Name
Greg
Business Location
United States
65 Health Risks of GM (Genetically Modified Organism) Foods
http://www.responsibletechnology.org/gmo-dangers/65-health-risks/1notes

1.1 GM potatoes damaged rats
1. Rats were fed potatoes engineered to produce their own insecticide.
2. They developed potentially precancerous cell growth in the digestive tract, inhibited development of their brains, livers and testicles, partial atrophy of the liver, enlarged pancreases and intestines and immune system damage.
3. The cause was not the insecticide, but in all likelihood was the process of genetic engineering.
4. GM foods on the market—which were created with the same process—have not been subject to such an extensive testing protocol.

1.2 Rats fed GM tomatoes got bleeding stomachs, several died
1. Rats were fed the GM FlavrSavr tomato for 28 days.
2. Seven of 20 rats developed stomach lesions (bleeding stomachs); another 7 of 40 died within two weeks and were replaced in the study.
3. The tomato was approved despite unresolved safety questions by FDA scientists.

1.3 Rats fed Bt corn had multiple health problems
1. Rats were fed Monsanto's Mon 863 Bt corn for 90 days.
2. They showed significant changes in their blood cells, livers and kidneys, which might indicate disease.
3. Although experts demanded follow-up, Monsanto used unscientific, contradictory arguments to dismiss concerns.

1.4 Mice fed GM Bt potatoes had intestinal damage1. Mice were fed either GM potatoes engineered to produce the Bt-toxin or natural potatoes spiked with Bt-toxin.
2. Both diets created abnormal and excessive cell growth in the lower part of their small intestine (ileum).
3. Similar damage to the human small intestine might result in incontinence or flu-like symptoms, and may be precancerous.
4. This study overturns the assumptions that Bt-toxin is destroyed during digestion and is not biologically active in mammals.

1.5 Workers exposed to Bt cotton developed allergies1. Agricultural laborers in six villages who picked or loaded Bt cotton reported reactions of the skin, eyes and upper respiratory tract.
2. Some laborers required hospitalization.
3. Employees at a cotton gin factory take antihistamines everyday.
4. One doctor treated about 250 cotton laborers

1.6 Sheep died after grazing in Bt cotton fields
1. After the cotton harvest in parts of India, sheep herds grazed continuously on Bt cotton plants.
2. Reports from four villages revealed that about 25% of the sheep died within a week.
3. Post mortem studies suggest a toxic reaction.

1.7 Inhaled Bt corn pollen may have triggered disease in humans1. In 2003, approximately 100 people living next to a Bt cornfield in the Philippines developed skin, respiratory, intestinal reactions and other symptoms while the corn was shedding pollen.
2. Blood tests of 39 people showed an antibody response to Bt-toxin, which supports—but does not prove—a link.
3. The symptoms reappeared in 2004 in at least four other villages that planted the same corn variety.
4. Villagers also attribute several animal deaths to the corn.

1.8 Farmers report pigs and cows became sterile from GM corn
1. More than 20 farmers in North America report that pigs fed GM corn varieties had low conception rates, false pregnancies or gave birth to bags of water.
2. Both male and female pigs became sterile.
3. Some farmers also report sterility among cows.

1.9 Twelve cows in Germany died mysteriously when fed Bt corn
1. Twelve dairy cows died on a farm in Hesse Germany, after being fed a diet with significant amounts of a single GM corn variety, Bt 176.
2. Other cows in the herd had to be killed due to some mysterious illness.
3. Syngenta, the producers of Bt 176, compensated the farmer for part of his losses, but did not admit responsibility for the cow deaths.
4. In spite of demands by the farmer and even public protests, no detailed autopsy reports were made available.

1.10 Mice fed Roundup Ready soy had liver cell problems1. The liver cells of mice fed Roundup Ready soybeans showed significant changes.
2. Irregularly shaped nuclei and nucleoli, an increased number of nuclear pores and other changes, all suggest higher metabolism and altered patterns of gene expression.
3. The changes may be in response to a toxin.
4. Most of the effects disappeared when GM soy was removed from the diet.

1.11 Mice fed Roundup Ready soy had problems with the pancreas

1. Mice fed GM soy showed changes in the synthesis and processing of digestive enzymes.
2. The production of alpha-amylase, a major digestive enzyme, dropped by as much as 77%.
3. This, combined with other pancreatic changes, suggests that GM soy may interfere with digestion and assimilation, as well as alter gene expression.

1.12 Mice fed Roundup Ready soy had unexplained changes in testicular cells
1. The structure and gene expression pattern of testicle cells of mice fed Roundup Ready soybeans changed significantly.
2. The cause for the changes is unknown, but the testicles are sensitive indicators of toxins.
3. Some of the changes might possibly influence adult fertility as well as the health of the offspring.
4. Mouse embryos from GM-fed mothers did show a temporary decrease in gene expression.

1.13 Roundup Ready Soy Changed Cell Metabolism in Rabbit Organs
1. Rabbits fed GM soy for about 40 days showed significant differences in the amounts of certain enzymes in their kidneys, hearts and livers.
2. A rise in LDH1 levels in all three organs suggests an increase in cellular metabolism.
3. Changes in other enzymes point to other alterations in the organs.

1.14 Most offspring of rats fed Roundup Ready soy died within three weeks1. Female rats were fed Roundup Ready soy starting before conception and continuing through pregnancy and weaning.
2. Of the offspring, 55.6% died within three weeks compared to 9% from non-GM soy controls.
3. Some pups from GM-fed mothers were significantly smaller and both mothers and pups were more aggressive.
4. In a separate study, after a lab began feeding rats a commercial diet containing GM soy, offspring mortality reached 55.3%.
5. When offspring from GM-fed rats were mated together, they were unable to conceive.

1.15 Soy allergies skyrocketed in the UK, soon after GM soy was introduced
1. In a single year, 1999, soy allergies in the UK jumped from 10% to 15% of the sampled population.
2. GM soy was imported into the country shortly before 1999.
3. Antibody tests verify that some individuals react differently to GM and non-GM soy varieties.
4. GM soy also has an increased concentration of a known allergen

1.16 Rats fed Roundup Ready canola had heavier livers
1. The livers of rats fed GM canola were 12-16% heavier than those fed non-GM varieties.
2. The liver is a chemical factory and primary detoxifier for the body.
3. Heavier livers may indicate liver disease or inflammation.
4. If this were caused by oil-soluble toxins, they may be present in canola oil.

1.17 Twice the number of chickens died when fed Liberty Link corn
1. The death rate for chickens fed Chardon LL GM corn for 42 days was 7%, compared to 3.5% for controls.
2. GM-fed chickens also had more erratic body weight and food intake, and less weight gain overall.
3. The study was designed so that only huge differences would be statistically significant.
4. The results were therefore dismissed without follow-up.

1.18 GM peas generated an allergic-type inflammatory response in mice
1. In advanced tests not normally part of GM crop evaluations, protein produced by GM peas generated a dangerous immune response in mice.
2. That "same" protein, when produced naturally in beans, had no effect.
3. The GM peas produced a subtle, hard-to-detect difference in the way sugar molecules attached to the protein, which likely caused the problem.
4. The response in mice suggested that the GM peas could provoke inflammatory or allergic reactions in humans; commercialization of the peas was therefore cancelled.
5. This type of subtle but dangerous change in the GM protein would rarely, if ever, be detected in the safety assessments typically used to approve GM crops.

1.19 Eyewitness reports: Animals avoid GMOs
1. When given a choice, several animals avoided eating GM food.
2. In farmer-run tests, cows and pigs repeatedly passed up GM corn.
3. Animals that avoided GM food include cows, pigs, geese, squirrels, elk, deer, raccoons, mice and rats.

1.20 A GM food supplement killed about 100 people and caused 5,000-10,000 to fall sick1. One brand of the supplement L-tryptophan created a deadly US epidemic in the 1980s
2. The company genetically engineered bacteria to produce the supplement more economically.
3. Their product contained many contaminants, five or six of which were suspected as the cause of the disease.
4. Discovering the epidemic required multiple coincidences, suggesting that adverse reactions to GM foods may be hard to identify.

READ MORE
http://www.responsibletechnology.org/gmo-dangers/65-health-risks/1notes

Last edited:

CCWorks

Premium VIP
Jan 3, 2010
Michigan
Real Name
Greg
Business Location
United States
http://allaboutanimaldna.weebly.com/animal-dna-vs-plant-dna.html

SIMILARITIES BETWEEN ANIMAL DNA AND PLANT DNA

A diagram of the shape of DNA.

There are a few differences between plants and animals. However, at the chemical level, the cells of all animals and plants contain DNA in the same shape – the famous “double helix” that looks like a twisted ladder. Both Animal DNA and Plant DNA molecules are made from the same four chemical building blocks – called nucleotides.

Differences between animal dna and plant dna

Molecular structure of Cytochrome C.

The difference between Animal DNA and Plant DNA is how the four nucleotides in DNA are arranged. It’s their sequence that determines which proteins will be made. The way the nucleotides are arranged, and the information they encode, decides whether the organism will produce scales or leaves – legs or a stalk.

Research shows that plants and animals may produce some proteins in common. For example, a protein called Cytochrome C. As the DNA copying process is imperfect and because of mistakes accumulated over time, Cytochrome C is slightly different in various creatures. The gene regions that specify the amino acid sequence in human Cytochrome C are more similar to those in another mammal like a rabbit, and less similar to a more distant creature, like a sunflower.

In addition, there are differences in the size of the genomes as plants tend to have larger genomes and are often polyploid. Ploidy refers to the basic number of unique chromosomes in the genome. Every species has a characteristic number of chromosomes, called the chromosome number. Animals tend to have more chromosomes while plants have fewer.

Lastly, at a more detailed level, there can be certain subtle differences. The genes encoded by DNA can be regulated by chemical modifications such as methylation. The specific modifications can vary from tissue to tissue within the same animal or from organism to organism. Some animals, such as a nematode worm known as Caenorhabditis elegans, do not seem to have DNA methylation. Differences in DNA methylation patterns are not specifically attributable to differences between animals and plants: variations also occur in different types of animals or even in different tissues within the same animal.
Sources:
http://earthsky.org/?p=433 link not valid

Last edited by a moderator:

shane deubell

Premium VIP
May 8, 2006
Real Name
Business Location
United States
I like eating ants, very protein rich!

chocolate covered, mmmmm yummy!

Chocolate_ants.jpg

CCWorks

Premium VIP
Jan 3, 2010
Michigan
Real Name
Greg
Business Location
United States
So lets say if all these chemicals do not break down in a very short period of time, like all things turn to dust in time.

All the water on earth will be as the fruit from the trees. Poison to all life, especially if the plants keep reproducing with herbicides and pesticide in their DNA

Then we can all give each other the best advice ever.

DO NOT DRINK THE WATER !!!

Last edited:

CCWorks

Premium VIP
Jan 3, 2010
Michigan
Real Name
Greg
Business Location
United States
Yet they expect my generation to live to 150!

Sent from my iPad using TMF Forums

See, when they master the art of genetics, witch they will in time and testing. One class will be masters and the other class will be workers. Masters live to 1000 years and workers may live to 60.

Obama Care will give them the cash and subjects /test rats to do all the research they want.

GMOs are not aloud in Europe, as far as I know.
I also hear tell that all US citizens are a part of one big corporation and the humans / citizens in the USA are the propriety of that corporation.

Sorry to say all this crap, for it is part of my nightmare, after reading on the internet and listing to the Corporate News Stations that do not tell you stuff unless they need a reaction to pass a new law...

Last edited:

CCWorks

Premium VIP
Jan 3, 2010
Michigan
Real Name
Greg
Business Location
United States
Is Europe’s ban on Monsanto’s GMO crops illegal?

Monsanto got a big boost in Europe yesterday when an official ruled that the European Union’s constituent countries couldn’t independently ban genetically modified crops (GMOs) on their turf. France and five other EU countries have put a blanket ban on GMOs, citing safety concerns.

The top legal advisor to the European Court of Justice, Advocate General Paolo Mengozzi,, ruled that only the EU itself could institute such bans.
“The French authorities could not suspend the cultivation of genetically-modified maize MON 810 on national territory without having first asked the European Commission to adopt emergency measures citing a risk to health and the environment,” Mengozzi said.

That seems pretty straightforward, but it gets weirder.

France had banned the GMO corn under an emergency provision known as the Safeguard Clause, which was created in 2004. Since MON 810 corn had first been authorized in 1998, Mengozzi decided that clause couldn’t apply. If it was really an emergency, Mengozzi said, then the EU had to act as a whole. That would be the only way to protect health and safety… ignoring the fact that the EU as a whole had not been ABLE to act, which is why the member states had done it on their own.

This just goes to show why it’s best to have policies laid out on a straightforward basis, not implemented – or overturned – based on technicalities.
This ruling in and of itself doesn’t overturn anything just yet, but the court generally follows Mengozzi’s recommendations, and officials will likely tailor policy to that reality.
So while France doesn’t have to open the floodgates tomorrow… this definitely ups the pressure on Europe to let Monsanto in.

Read more at http://redgreenandblue.org/2011/03/23/is-europes-ban-on-monsantos-gmo-crops-illegal/#ELij8GyByYGpbfQK.99