100 Gallon Recovery Tank

SunnyDays Carpet Cleaning

Aug 23, 2014
Real Name
David Dubois
Don't you think 100 gallon recovery tank, that shutdown at 80 gallons should be called a 80 gallon tank? That kind of feels like false information or advertising. Kind of like ordering a 12" sub and only getting a 9" sub, they would never get away with it. What you think?....

Reactions: Barry C and SRD

kleen14u

Sep 21, 2010
Daphne, Alabama
www.absolutelykleener.com
Real Name
Larry Henson
Business Location
United States
It will hold 100 gallons while spewing it out of your blower exhaust.
I think that is why some companies build a riser on the vacuum tank for the blower filter and the tank will actually hold more water.
Sorry if this was a rhetorical question.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using TMF Forums mobile app

Aug 23, 2014
Real Name
David Dubois
It will hold 100 gallons while spewing it out of your blower exhaust.
I think that is why some companies build a riser on the vacuum tank for the blower filter and the tank will actually hold more water.
Sorry if this was a rhetorical question.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using TMF Forums mobile app
No problem, picking up My new Apex tomorrow. Just disappointed that a tank that is supposed to be a 100 gallons only holds 80 gallons. Fresh water tank is 125 gallons. 45 extra gallons , doesn't seem right.

Chris Wharry

Aug 14, 2012
South Suburbs Chicago
www.enviro-greencarpet.com
Real Name
Chris Wharry
Business Location
United States
I run with a 100 gal fresh water tank and a 60 gall9n waste tank. I installed an automatic pump out (APO) with a float switch and hook up my garden hose every job and fertilize their bushes with it.

All you have to do is have waste water shooting out your vac exhaust onto customers neighbors car. That's a tough one to explain to Mr. Neighbor.

Sent from my SM-G530T using TMF Forums mobile app

Aug 23, 2014
Real Name
David Dubois
I run with a 100 gal fresh water tank and a 60 gall9n waste tank. I installed an automatic pump out (APO) with a float switch and hook up my garden hose every job and fertilize their bushes with it.

All you have to do is have waste water shooting out your vac exhaust onto customers neighbors car. That's a tough one to explain to Mr. Neighbor.

Sent from my SM-G530T using TMF Forums mobile app
What APO you using, I heard they were all problematic.

akleenerimage

Jan 29, 2012
Ohio
www.akleenerimage.com
Real Name
Joe Orcutt
Business Location
United States
Interested also. Mine doesn't have an apo so have to dump at my shop after each job. Other problem is that because I don't have a water box I have to divert my hot water back to my fresh water tank to keep it from getting too hot. At some point the water gets real hot in my fresh tank and I know that isn't good for the seals on the pump

Sent from my SM-N900V using TMF Forums mobile app

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
The issue on stating tank size is one of trying to change a long-standing tradition. Because company A and B have always stated the maxium volume of water that their tanks could hold, companies C,D & E must follow the same plan. Otherwise, some buyer just looks at the numbers and says to himself, "Oh this tank is 100 gallon and that one is an 80 gallon tank. Price is about the same. I will buy the bigger one."

Manuafcturers and distributors do it to play on a level playing field. But the consumer should always get the details on any major purchase like a truckmount. Most folks on the sales side are honest enough to tell you accurate details when asked.

There is a similar situation when reading ratings for vacuums, pumps, air movers, dehus and much other equipment.

Aug 23, 2014
Real Name
David Dubois
The issue on stating tank size is one of trying to change a long-standing tradition. Because company A and B have always stated the maxium volume of water that their tanks could hold, companies C,D & E must follow the same plan. Otherwise, some buyer just looks at the numbers and says to himself, "Oh this tank is 100 gallon and that one is an 80 gallon tank. Price is about the same. I will buy the bigger one."

Manuafcturers and distributors do it to play on a level playing field. But the consumer should always get the details on any major purchase like a truckmount. Most folks on the sales side are honest enough to tell you accurate details when asked.

There is a similar situation when reading ratings for vacuums, pumps, air movers, dehus and much other equipment.
Still think if it can only hold 80 gallons, that's what they should call it. JMO