100 gal recovery tank

james n

Mar 14, 2009
United States
Real Name
james niwinski
Business Location
United States
I have a 100 gal recovery tank for a prochem apex. I cannot find these listed anywhere on line for sale. I really would like to have 1 made (probably a lot cheaper) but I cannot find any links that give the specs. I need the exact same size tank as I have limited space in my 1 ton van. Tank is 10 years old and I already plugged 2 holes. It’s a matter of time before it fails. Anyone have 1 made before and any suggestions where to get the info to build 1 ? I have someone to built it locally. Thanks

george8585

Feb 27, 2011
Earth
Real Name
George
Business Location
United States
If it's possible take the recovery tank out of your van and take to a welding shop. Have them install a new bottom. I assume the holes are on the floor.

I went to Jon Don and had them take out my recovery tank. Then I took it to a welding shop. That's cheaper than buying a new tank. It turned out great and at a reasonable price.That was about 5 years ago and I haven't had any problems since.

james n

Mar 14, 2009
United States
Real Name
james niwinski
Business Location
United States
It’s not currently leaking but like I said I have fixed 2 leaks with JB weld. I just want to be prepared for when It goes down. Id prefer not to take it out and bring to my guy. It’ll be to much down Time since it’s my only truck mount. I thought about calling the manufacturer about specs but I doubt they’d give me them.

james n

Mar 14, 2009
United States
Real Name
james niwinski
Business Location
United States
Do you have his info ? I already have a local guy here in NY. But It couldn’t hurt to talk to him.

james n

Mar 14, 2009
United States
Real Name
james niwinski
Business Location
United States
Thanks for his name. I do have a local guy i just need the specs of the tank to give to him. I would be wasting money to have it shipped. It sucks how you can’t get the specs anywhere.

james n

Mar 14, 2009
United States
Real Name
james niwinski
Business Location
United States
I do. It’s not the the exterior measurements. That would be simple. It’s the baffles and 2 filter boxes. The inside is sloped I believe. I guess I will have to measure it all. Figured someone out there might know the specs to make it easier.

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
I do. It’s not the the exterior measurements. That would be simple. It’s the baffles and 2 filter boxes. The inside is sloped I believe. I guess I will have to measure it all. Figured someone out there might know the specs to make it easier.
Ditch the filter box idea and run an inline filter, better performance and so much easier to maintain.

As for the baffles and supports just have him overbuild it a bit so you know it's strong enough. Our 150gal TNT tank has 2 baffle walls inside the tank which also act as the structural support, they go bottom to top with a rectangle cut out on the floor of each one about 3inx8in or so, also a small rectangle cut out on each side of the baffle

james n

Mar 14, 2009
United States
Real Name
james niwinski
Business Location
United States
I thought about an in-line filter but I’m in NY and I think if I use that type of filter it’ll freeze up on the cold days. I stay busy even through the winter. I had a few days last year when my vacuum hoses froze up. Ice forms at the machine where I connect my vacuum hoses to it. I just use my hot water tap to melt it but it becomes a pain. I think the filter on the ground would freeze even quicker

SRD

Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
Your fabricator should be able to look at your tank take measurements and start building it. If he cant id find another fabricator

Reactions: Kevin Dumas