10 Best Developments in the Last 10 Years

It depends on whether you want people who are direct and without a cross-purpose, or you want to hear what you want to be told.

At any rate, I got 18 people that thought I contributed something useful. Which, by the way, on a percentage basis, is considerably higher than yours per post.

By the way, you answered your own question. If I can correct something someone said, to me that's a positive thing. The fight against disinformation is an important one, I think. Maybe not to you.

My motivations are not to pick fights, but, I say what I think. If you put any two people in a room, I'll guarantee you'll have two different sets of opinions. It's normal, and probably healthy, for people to disagree. If that's "fight" to you, your definition differs from mine.

The whole crux of this is you made a poor comparison between someone that legitimately said the Cimex didn't do as much cleaning as other methods, and past quotes, some of which were taken out of context, and all of which were wrong. Correcting your premise and articulating those quotes in context may have seemed negative to you, but, that's a matter of perspective, really.

The quotes were supposed to be funny and interesting, and to illustrate a point that I stand by. You miss the forest by staring at one tree.

Alexa

User
Mar 4, 2010
Florida
Real Name
Alex Najar
Business Location
United States
Like "rich" says I guess that's a matter of perspective.

No, it was quite clearly ownage and if you continue to engage, I predict further devastation, the likes that you may never recover from. It's a tough matchup when somebody is spotting you some 30 or 40 IQ points and frankly I can't bear the sight of it. If I were you, I would attempt to change the subject. Heck, maybe I'll help you out with some glorious tales of my conquest of females. I could go on and on and on and on and on.........................(it's quite the plethora of personal achievement, you see).

Nah. "rich" hasn't proved anything. He's just a guy on the internet and that doesn't make anyone much of an authority.

Why does intelligence always come into play as the trump card of insults on the internet? Very school yard, very hack. "Rich" sounds like a smart guy but I don't think ill be cowering before him.

gasmaster5000

Jun 26, 2010
TX
Real Name
Eric O'Bryan
Business Location
United States
I hate to swallow my pride but if Ken Harris is the inventor of the glide then kudos to him. Regardless of your opinion of him and his business practices, that was a stroke of genius. The message boards, ICS was the first I saw, then Mike Paitoilette starting *********** allowing cleaners to really express their opinions. But my favorite development this last ten years is my Garmin Nuvi that has that nice British woman telling me how to drive to my various jobs, and even telling me what side of the street the house is on.

Yer damm right about that!!!! Excellent post!

Dave Y

Carpet Cleaner
Jul 14, 2008
Real Name
Dave Yokum
Business Location
United States
I believe he insults about everything at every turn.

Including the cimex and several members of the forum.

( I have noted that a lot of the insults have been erased to protect him for some reason?

I say bring them back so all can what kind of guy he is.)

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Dave. I said for all to drop the nonsense or you will be in time out too.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
I didn't see the Hydroforce sprayer on the list but in my opinion it deserves to be up there with the rest of the great inventions of the past decade.

The inline sprayer is a big time saver for sure.