10 Best Developments in the Last 10 Years

islander

Mar 22, 2010
prince edward island
Real Name
will moase
Business Location
Canada
I heard the Sapphire Stryker wand is a complete failure that does not disperse the water uniformly and has major issues. Lisa, the internet allows us to get work without spending all of our money to get it. That's the big difference.

I have to agree with you on the stryker wand it does not work good on a consistent basis. It is forever getting plugged up at the water holes. Poor design and mine is now delegated to resting in a corner of the shop.

Alexa

User
Mar 4, 2010
Florida
Real Name
Alex Najar
Business Location
United States
Rob, you made your best point at the end. One of the good things about hot water extraction, especially truckmounted, is that your customers cannot match you with machinery. One brush-spinning fluff bunny and a pump up sprayer is easy for them to buy and like you said, if they keep watching you, they will buy it themselves at some point. While I agree with much of what you said, my conscience cannot agree with the fallacy and deception at the foundation of encapsulation "cleaning". Shane, your statement, "I have about 4 buffers and cimex works circles around them in cleaning and production" is pure nonsense. It is built on the premise that the Cimex is actually cleaning. IT IS NOT. I can walk through the carpet areas whistling Dixie and claim that I worked circles around your Cimex and finished covering the area in much less time but I didn't clean anything, did I?

If you are using the Cymex to prescrub, then you are doing something meaningful with it, as long as you are performing hot water extraction afterward.

Rob, I would rather see you spin bonnets on the carpet with an encapsulation product the week after. Any time you are just spinning a Cymex, you are only hiding the dirt. While I agree that visuals and "putting on a show" have a legitimate place in this business, it should never encompass 100% of what you are doing.

Dave Y

Carpet Cleaner
Jul 14, 2008
Real Name
Dave Yokum
Business Location
United States
Each their own to this pi$$ing match:

I personally pad -encap and it gives better results than HWE on commercial carpet.

THe difference is friction.

It's like when you go to the carwash. You have all that pressure (more than a carpet cleaner) and heat.

And it still doesn't clean untill you simply wipe it with the brush.

I have done a it side by side comparison many times.

Pad-encap can beat HWE hands down on commercial carpet.

I HWEd a commercal carpet this morning.

Great pressure and steaming heat (2X ) and I still removed more soil left in the carpet by cleaning again with a pad.

Whatever works..

TA152H

Jun 17, 2010
New York
Real Name
Rich
Business Location
United States
Rob, you made your best point at the end. One of the good things about hot water extraction, especially truckmounted, is that your customers cannot match you with machinery. One brush-spinning fluff bunny and a pump up sprayer is easy for them to buy and like you said, if they keep watching you, they will buy it themselves at some point. While I agree with much of what you said, my conscience cannot agree with the fallacy and deception at the foundation of encapsulation "cleaning". Shane, your statement, "I have about 4 buffers and cimex works circles around them in cleaning and production" is pure nonsense. It is built on the premise that the Cimex is actually cleaning. IT IS NOT. I can walk through the carpet areas whistling Dixie and claim that I worked circles around your Cimex and finished covering the area in much less time but I didn't clean anything, did I?

If you are using the Cymex to prescrub, then you are doing something meaningful with it, as long as you are performing hot water extraction afterward.

Rob, I would rather see you spin bonnets on the carpet with an encapsulation product the week after. Any time you are just spinning a Cymex, you are only hiding the dirt. While I agree that visuals and "putting on a show" have a legitimate place in this business, it should never encompass 100% of what you are doing.

For many, the Cymex is the first step on the path to the ninth plane of Hell. It's whole nature is deceptive, and entails many sins.

It is pure devilry.

Deception, obfuscation, greed, rationalization, illusion, etc... have no place in a long term business.

I don't know how someone can fluff with this tool of Lucifer and leave feeling good about themselves, or their place in society, regardless of the financial benefits. It's quite disgusting. They'd be better off with the Rug Doctor.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
For many, the Cymex is the first step on the path to the ninth plane of Hell. It's whole nature is deceptive, and entails many sins.

It is pure devilry.

Deception, obfuscation, greed, rationalization, illusion, etc... have no place in a long term business.

I don't know how someone can fluff with this tool of Lucifer and leave feeling good about themselves, or their place in society, regardless of the financial benefits. It's quite disgusting. They'd be better off with the Rug Doctor.

Ha that was a good one. Next time don't hold back,tell us how you really feel Rich. (I hope others get your dry sense of humor,cause that was funny right there) :D

I stand behind encapsulation cleaning and have great confidence in it. Love the Cimex too. I do HWE 99% of the time. Why limit your abilities if another method is appropriate? Milliken actually requires an encap-type cleaning for warranty and they sell as much commercial carpet as any company.

shane deubell

Premium VIP
May 8, 2006
Real Name
Business Location
United States

I dont think it is a pi$$ing match though dave.

Believe it is different perspective, we have daily vacuum contracts, interim contracts, deep cleaning contracts, 1x jobs. so i see the whole maintence program from the beginning to end and more importantly i understand. Dont really see how someone can form an opinion this strong with such little information

The variables are
Vaccuming
Preventive measures- walk off mats, clean driveways. sidewalks
Interim cleaning
Deep cleaning

If you pull any one out the system does not work

For the record encapsulate is a detergent, you can spray/ HWEextract with encapsulate
Cimex is only a delivery tool
2 seperate issues

Problem is people throw into one big pile

Alexa

User
Mar 4, 2010
Florida
Real Name
Alex Najar
Business Location
United States
I agree that bonnet cleaning with encapsulation can be very effective and believe it or not, not just on commercial. When I used this method, it included a prevacuuming with a Pile Lifter. It worked quite well. It would have to include a lot of pad replacement and repetition in order to do a thorough cleaning and I wonder how many operators are willing to put forth such an effort.

A Cymex spinning brushes and not pulling up a thing, is another story. Would I say that this Cymex will land you face first in hell? .....Ya, I think that's about right.

At any rate and getting back to the subject, nothing in the line of the Cymex is deserving of top 10 placement on this list.

TA152H

Jun 17, 2010
New York
Real Name
Rich
Business Location
United States

Actually, a lot of those quotes were taken out of context. And in any event, you're argument, is, at best specious.

No one is saying that "in the future", pay attention to that part, this type of cleaning can not work, just the current fluffing with a spinning brush that fails to extract in a meaningful way, is not an effective tool for actually cleaning.

Try to keep it straight, obfuscation is tool of the person who is losing the argument, and is trying to change it.

I can answer the computer quotes, and all of them were brilliant men.

Thomas Watson Sr. was actually running the company that created the first mechanical computer, and his quote is taken out of context.

When Ken Olsen said that there was little reason for a computer in anyone's house, there was essentially no reason for a computer in anyone's house. He never said there never would be. He exaggerated a little, because there were microcomputers out then, and they were slightly useful at home, and a lot of fun (there were games, of course). Keep in mind that Olsen's ideas for the DEC computers like DMA, etc... are fundamental parts of computers today. And, also, Windows NT (2000,XP,Vista,7) was created by Jay Cutler, a DEC employee.

Popular Mechanics was actually right. Computers did slim down to a point where they weighed 1.5 tons. They kept getting smaller, but that doesn't mean they were wrong. They never said that would be smallest they would ever get.

The Von Neumann architecture is still alive and well in computing. He did get more credit than was deserved for it, as Mauchly and Eckert both had as much, or more, to do with the store-program computer, but, computers still use the Von Neumann architecture. But,again, this quote was taken out of context. The full quote is "It would appear that we have reached the limits of what it is possible to achieve with computer technology, although one should be careful with such statements, as they tend to sound pretty silly in 5 years"

So, be careful with quotes. They can tell you the wrong thing if the person using the quotes wants them to.

But again, no one on this forum is talking about the future, just how things work now. If you want to risk eternal da^^nation, then go for the Cymex. Don't say you weren't warned when you meet the horned one, laughing at you. He'll look like a giant Cymex machine (with horns), swirling away at the souls of the fallen. Oh, the humanity!

Rich I have not once read a productive, helpful or positive comment from you or Alex. It's always about what you guys don't like or don't agree with, or how everything the rest of us are doing is wrong. What gives man?

You are gonna die early from a heart attack if you don't lighten up a little. Oh, and I have a thesaurus too so the professor talk isn't as impressive as I suspect you think.

One question. If you are such an expert on every possible subject as you have represented yourself to be, what in the world are you doing in this industry? You should be curing cancer my man.

shane deubell

Premium VIP
May 8, 2006
Real Name
Business Location
United States
Alexarz;121245[B said:
]I agree that bonnet cleaning[/B] with encapsulation can be very effective and believe it or not, not just on commercial. When I used this method, it included a prevacuuming with a Pile Lifter. It worked quite well. It would have to include a lot of pad replacement and repetition in order to do a thorough cleaning and I wonder how many operators are willing to put forth such an effort.

A Cymex spinning brushes and not pulling up a thing, is another story. Would I say that this Cymex will land you face first in hell? .....Ya, I think that's about right.

At any rate and getting back to the subject, nothing in the line of the Cymex is deserving of top 10 placement on this list.

You might have the wrong machine it is CIMEX

They do sell bonnet pads also, FYI
Pass with fiber pads, pass with bonnet pads,pass with Vacuum
Not really that hard

TA152H

Jun 17, 2010
New York
Real Name
Rich
Business Location
United States
Rich I have not once read a productive, helpful or positive comment from you or Alex. It's always about what you guys don't like or don't agree with, or how everything the rest of us are doing is wrong. What gives man?

You are gonna die early from a heart attack if you don't lighten up a little. Oh, and I have a thesaurus too so the professor talk isn't as impressive as I suspect you think.

One question. If you are such an expert on every possible subject as you have represented yourself to be, what in the world are you doing in this industry? You should be curing cancer my man.

Actually, you should have been able to see my last paragraph wasn't serious at all, so, don't patronize me about lightening up. How could you take that seriously?

I don't use a thesaurus, and why would I make any attempt to impress you?

I never claimed to be anything but a computer expert, and that I am. When someone uses quotes taken out of context, I correct them on that subject. Sadly, most people view other's motivations through their own, so you thought I was trying to impress you. It's not about me, it's about the people in the industry, and making sure their contributions and legacy are not tarnished by ignorant people who don't know the difference between an integrated circuit and a vacuum tube.

Canada-Eh

Jul 14, 2008
Ontario
coswaysupply.com
Real Name
Kenny Cosway
Business Location
Canada
Releasit encap hides the dirt so well you never see it again.

I "figure" a Cymex just fine, Shane. It is an overweight, big pile of cartoon junk that pretends to be cleaning carpet when in reality, it only hides the dirt. I would suggest that you do a legitimate "interim cleaning" by utilizing a bonnet method rather than just a hide and seek gimmick you call Cimex.

Actually, you should have been able to see my last paragraph wasn't serious at all, so, don't patronize me about lightening up. How could you take that seriously?

I don't use a thesaurus, and why would I make any attempt to impress you?

I never claimed to be anything but a computer expert, and that I am. When someone uses quotes taken out of context, I correct them on that subject. Sadly, most people view other's motivations through their own, so you thought I was trying to impress you. It's not about me, it's about the people in the industry, and making sure their contributions and legacy are not tarnished by ignorant people who don't know the difference between an integrated circuit and a vacuum tube.

What positive have you brought here? All you do is pick fights, correct people and enforce your opinions.

TA152H

Jun 17, 2010
New York
Real Name
Rich
Business Location
United States
What positive have you brought here? All you do is pick fights, correct people and enforce your opinions.

It depends on whether you want people who are direct and without a cross-purpose, or you want to hear what you want to be told.

At any rate, I got 18 people that thought I contributed something useful. Which, by the way, on a percentage basis, is considerably higher than yours per post.

By the way, you answered your own question. If I can correct something someone said, to me that's a positive thing. The fight against disinformation is an important one, I think. Maybe not to you.

My motivations are not to pick fights, but, I say what I think. If you put any two people in a room, I'll guarantee you'll have two different sets of opinions. It's normal, and probably healthy, for people to disagree. If that's "fight" to you, your definition differs from mine.

The whole crux of this is you made a poor comparison between someone that legitimately said the Cimex didn't do as much cleaning as other methods, and past quotes, some of which were taken out of context, and all of which were wrong. Correcting your premise and articulating those quotes in context may have seemed negative to you, but, that's a matter of perspective, really.